Sequel: Playing for Keeps
Status: Updating

Almost Perfect

Chapter 22

The week went by quickly and before long Stacy found herself back on the front steps of her and Adam’s home about to pick up Evelyn. It was Monday evening and she had decided that she was going to support Adam tomorrow at the paternity test. They had talked every night on the phone since she had seen him in person last week on Wednesday and she was starting to feel like she could trust him again. She wanted to trust him again and she wanted them to be a family again, she just didn’t want to get hurt again.

She was going to tell Adam when she went inside that she would be there tomorrow and that she wanted to work on fixing things between them just as soon as they could. It was hard for her to take these steps but she missed him so much and she hated keeping him and Evelyn apart like this.

As Stacy entered the house she could hear the soft sound of a piano coming from upstairs; she kicked off her shoes and slowly walked up the steps and towards the room where Adam housed many musical instruments. She walked into the room, nudging the door open fully to a sight that took her breath away. Adam was sitting at the baby grand piano in a tuxedo. On the floor next to the bench was Evelyn in her chair, she was dressed up as well. Adam had put her in a light pink dress with a flower headband.

Stacy stopped in her path and looked at both of them, a small smile on her face. “What’s all this?” She asked him.

“I’ve been screwing up a lot lately and I just wanted to do something to prove to you how much you mean to me.” Adam looked at her lovingly, “I don’t deserve you Stacy, I’d understand if you wanted to walk away from me forever right now but I’m asking you for the last time to trust me. I would never do anything to hurt you and I promise you, once all of this nonsense is behind us I will never put myself in a situation like that again. You and Evelyn mean far too much to me and I’m not willing to risk that again.”

Stacy stood there in awe of the man she loved, he was so thoughtful, and how could she have ever doubted him.

“Evelyn and I picked this song for you today to show you how much you mean to both of us,” He smiled down at their daughter and she squealed in delight as he started to pluck the keys of the piano.

Some people live for the fortune
Some people live for the fame
Some people live for the power, yeah
Some people live just to play the game

Some people think that the physical things define what's within
And I have been there before and that life's a bore
So full of the superficial

Some people want it all
But I don't want nothing at all
If it ain't you baby
If I ain't got you baby
Some people want diamond rings
Some just want everything
But everything means nothing
If I ain't got you

Some people search for a fountain
That promises forever young
Some people need three dozen roses
And that's the only way to prove you love them, oh

Hand me the world on a silver platter
And what good would it be, oh
With no one to share, with no one who truly cares for me?

Some people want it all
But I don't want nothing at all
If it ain't you baby
If I ain't got you baby
Some people want diamond rings
Some just want everything
But everything means nothing
If I ain't got you-you-you

Some people want it all
But I don't want nothing at all
If it ain't you baby
If I ain't got you baby
Some people want diamond rings
Some just want everything
But everything means nothing
If I ain't got you

If I ain't got you with me baby
There ain't nothing in this whole wide world, doesn't mean a thing
If I ain't got you with me baby

By the end of the song Stacy had tears in her eyes, she watched as Adam finished playing the notes on the piano before he stood up and walked over to her.

“I know I don’t deserve another chance but, sweetheart you mean everything to me and I’m hoping-

“ Stacy cut him off by placing her lips on his, Adam accepting and quickly pulling her into his arms where she belonged.

“I forgive you,” She whispered when they parted.

They shared an intimate moment before Evelyn let out a soft scream letting them know that she wanted attention.

They both laughed, exchanging smiles as they went over and Adam picked up their daughter, allowing them to have their first family moment in weeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
That was a short chapter but I figured I better make them a happy little family again before people stop reading the story or get upset! There's more to come...not much more though! The story is almost over! Buuuuuut I see a sequel in the future so bear with me friends!
I hope you liked the chapter...as always, comments are MUCH appreciated!