Status: Editing little mistakes.

Bride to Be

Three

Mason took the first swing, hitting Ivan straight in the cheek. Stephanie whooped. Mason swung again, making a connection to Ivan’s stomach. The crowd cheered him on. Mason brought Ivan to the ground. He put Ivan in a headlock and held down one of his arms.

Ivan’s free arm pounded on Masons back, taking Mason’s breath away. He rolled over onto Mason and started beating his face. Mason finally blocked his hits and rolled out from underneath him. He stood up and started hitting Ivan in the sides.

The bell rang, concluding the first round was over. I studied Mason’s body while he stood in his corner. His abs were well defined. His arms had veins sticking out. His back muscles moved with each movement he made. Mason’s eyes found mine once again. It was a brief encounter. Another bell rang, letting everyone know it was the second round. Mason went strong in this round.

He made sure to leave Ivan bruises. By the time the second round was over, Ivan had blood running down his face. Mason had a cut above his eyebrow. The third round started up and the crowd was going wild. You could hear everyone chanting, “Mason! Mason! Mason!”

Stephanie was yelling with all her might. Mason got Ivan on the ground and punched each cheek with so much force, that Ivan eventually passed out. That was it. Mason won.

The crowd was cheering like crazy. Mason held both of his arms up. Everyone clapped, including me. I actually had fun. I looked over to Stephanie. “Wait here.” She instructed me. “Why?” I asked her. “If we wait until everyone clears out, we can sneak to the dressing rooms and meet Mason.” She snickered.

“Steph! No!” I exclaimed. “Yes! I saw Mason eyeing you. We’re so going back there!” She laughed. “Do you know Mason personally?” I asked, confused. “Yeah. We met at a concert.” She said like it was no big deal.

By the time we were done talking, almost everyone had cleared out. Stephanie snatched my hand and tugged me towards the back. We snuck down the hallway and she navigated us towards Mason’s dressing room. She knocked and said, “It’s Stephanie. The girl you met at that concert.” There were a few moments of silence before he cracked open the door.

“Stephanie?” His voice was smooth and deep. She nodded. He opened the door all the way. She strutted right in. I looked around. Was this legal? “And you are?” His voice went velvet. “Desiree.” I answered. A flicker of amusement passed through his eyes. “Come on in.” He commanded, checking me out. I passed through the doorway and looked back at him.

He was definitely checking me out. His eyes met mine and he stared at me until I tore my eyes away and found Stephanie looking through his things. “Steph? Stop!” I ran over to pry her hands away. Mason walked over to us. “It’s fine. I’ve got nothing to hide.” He directed his words to me. I looked over at him. Was he flirting?

He crossed his arms over his chest. His biceps were bulging. He was really good looking up close. His hazel eyes were bright. Stephanie turned around and looked at Mason. “If you like Desiree, you’d better ask her out.” She said in a mother-like tone of voice.

My mouth fell open in horror. “She doesn’t really date. You’d better make an impression.” She remarked. “I’ll be in the entrance if you need me.” She winked at us, then left. I turned to Mason. He was looking at me in an amused manner.

I shook my head. “I’m sorry. She can be a little much.” I explained. Mason shrugged. “I don’t mind, as long as I get a date with you.” He smiled at me. I just stood there. Not knowing what to say. “Do you want to go on a date with me?” He questioned, with a smirk on his face. “As long as you don’t try to seduce me, then fine.” I blurted.

“I thought I already was seducing you.” He said, trying to be innocent. He took a few steps closer to me. I tilted my head. “Maybe.” He put his hand on the table, forcing himself to lean forward. Suddenly, my phone rang, blasting a pop song. Stephanie was calling me. “Hey.” I said. Mason was still close to me, getting closer by each second.

“We’ve got to go. I need to be home!” She urged. She didn’t give me a reason but I agreed anyways. “Alright. I’ll be there in five minutes.” I heard her laugh at something someone said. “Okay.” She giggled. She suddenly hung up.

Mason was still invading my personal space. “I have to go.” I whispered. “Mmmm.” He pouted. “I’m sorry.” I said, trying to get around him. Mason stood up straight. “I guess I’ll see you soon.” He mumbled. “Yeah. Bye.” I said, opening the door.

I waved and he waved back. Walking back to Stephanie, thousands of thoughts filled my mind. I just met a professional boxer and I’m going on a date with him. He was definitely flirting with me back there. I’ve never mastered the flirting skill. I was socially awkward when it came to dating.

I found Stephanie talking to another boxer. As I got closer to them, I could see she was talking to Ivan. The one that lost. Stephanie was laughing at something he said. She put his hand on his forearm.

“Ready to go?” I asked her. She whipped her head around. “Uhh. Yeah.” She muttered. “Bye Ivan.” She sang. He nodded at her. We rushed to her car and hopped inside. She started the car and turned towards me. “I had fun.” She smiled at me. “I did to.” I told her, a small smile forming on my lips.

During the ride home, all I could think about was one certain boxer who’s name was etched in mind.