Status: Editing little mistakes.

Bride to Be

Nine

We were an hour into the game and we were winning by four points. Mason and I had finished eating. He was whooping and hollering for us. I watched him in awe. He was almost perfect in an imperfect way.

Mason was sucked into the game. His eyes fixating on each player. I leaned over and pecked his cheek. He focused all his attention on me. He grinned at me then pecked my cheek, my nose, and my forehead. He turned his attention back towards the game.

The final score was 10-6. It was an intense game. Mason talked about it the whole ride home. Once we were parked beside the curb, he turned his body so he facing me.

“I had a lot of fun.” He grinned at me. Then, something in his eyes changed. He reached over and grabbed my face with both of his hands. He slowly kissed me. Fireworks went off again. I placed my hands over his. He kissed me over and over again.

He finally pulled away. I smiled at him and started to open the door. I stopped and contemplated something I’ve been thinking about the whole ride home. “Do you want to come in?” I asked nervously.

Mason nodded eagerly. “Yeah!” He cut the ignition and hopped out. On the way to my door, a realization hit me hard and fast. My apartment was messy. Was he going to stay all night? Would he try something on me? I shook my head. I unlocked the door and flipped on the lights.

Mason waltzed in and immediately found the radio. What was it with my apartment and people just barging in? Although, i didn’t mind having him here. He was good company.

He put on Luke Bryan’s I Don’t Want This Night To End. Mason two-stepped towards me. A grin spread across my face. I shut the door and set my purse down. He sang the words loudly. “You got your hands up!” He yelled. I doubled over in laughter.

He took my arms and told me to put my feet on his. We danced around my small living room. He kept yelling the lyrics. I couldn’t stop laughing. My stomach was aching. Mason tripped over the leg of the coffee table.

He flew backwards and I fell on top of him. We both burst out laughing. I rolled over beside him. “Hey Des?” Mason whispered. “Yes?” I giggled. “I like you.” He whispered. “I like you too.” I whispered back. He pulled me into a sideways hug.

“Be mine.” He whispered. Those stupid butterflies spread throughout my stomach. “Okay.” I croaked. “I can call you mine and you can call me yours. Agreed?” He asked. “Yes.” I confirmed. He sat up straight and pulled me up so I was sitting up with him. He pulled me so I was straddling him.

“You’re mine.” He growled. He crushed his lips against mine. I wove my hands through his hair and he pulled me against him tighter. I bit his lower lip and he cupped his hands underneath me and stood up.

He pushed me up against the wall and started trailing kisses down my neck. On impulse, I started to lift his shirt. He leaned back ever so slightly and took it off. I stared at his chest. His abs were begging to be touched. I ran my hands over his chest, his abs, his arms. I was so fascinated with him, I didn’t notice him watching me intently.

Suddenly, he set me down and strolled over to my fridge. “What are you doing?” I asked, confused. “I’m craving chocolate milk.” He answered, casually. Did he forget about what we were in the middle of? “You look confused.” He observed.

He set the milk and chocolate syrup on my countertop. “Uhh yeah. We were in the middle of something.” I explained. “Oh that. I had to stop that before you fueled the fire.” He shrugged. I stalked to where he was standing.

I grabbed his face and started kissing him. He pulled away quickly. I lurched forward and kissed him again. This time, he ran away to the other side of the room. “Stop running away!” I said, exasperated.

“No.” Mason smirked. I started walking slowly to where he was standing. He didn’t move. Suddenly, I sprinted to where he was. He jumped over the couch and was back in the kitchen.

“You don’t want to go where my mind has already been. And it still is.” He purred. “Oh, but I do.” I purred back. I strutted into the kitchen and backed him against the wall. He held out a hand. “No. Stop.” A smile played on his lips. I had a goofy grin plastered on my face.

“I swear, sometimes your a sexy man, and sometimes your a little kid.” I remarked. Mason pushed off the wall and started making his chocolate milk. “I see you’ve given up.” He teased. “Don’t provoke me.” I shot back. “Pshh. Let’s drink chocolate milk and watch movies.” He started filling up another glass.

I gratefully took the glass and padded to the living room and flipped on the television. I set my chocolate milk on the coffee table and browsed through the movies on Dish on Demand.

Mason sided up next to me. We decided on Gangster Squad. Mason kept making fun of Ryan Gosling. I would shush him and he would start up again. Mason didn’t stay all night, but he stayed pretty late. I went to bed that night, thinking of our day.

I replayed the memories in my mind over and over again until I fell into a deep sleep.