Status: Please leave any comments or suggestions because I really want to make this story good.

You Were Always on My Mind

Sickly Sweet

Sammy is taking me to meet the Cullens today. I do everything in my power to avoid my dad today. He already got mad at Sammy for it and I don’t need the situation getting worse. They saved his life, so why can’t I talk to them?

“Where are you going?” my dad asks as I’m about to go outside. Well there goes my plan...

“I’m hanging out with Sammy today,” I inform him. He doesn’t look happy, but I think he’s not as mad as he was yesterday.

“Don’t do anything stupid,” he says and leaves the room.

I meet Sammy in her jeep and Alex is leaning against the back. Once I get inside, he heads into the forest and phases. Sammy starts driving to the Cullens, one hand firmly on the wheel, the other shaking. I grab her right hand and squeeze it.

“What’s wrong?” I ask her trying to sound gentle.

“I’m scared,” she says then pauses for a moment. “You’re dad is going to kill me.”

“Nothing will happen to me,” I assure her but her hand is still shaking. I keep a strong hold on her hand the whole time and eventually she starts to clam down a bit. As we pull onto an unfamiliar dirt road, Sammy loosens up even more.

“You sure you want to do this?” Sammy asks me.

“Yes,” I say smiling at her to assure her. I notice a second set of brooding eyes running next to us, Sam. And he will definitely tell my dad.

“I can protect you if I phase. I know you’re nervous about them, but they wouldn’t do anything to harm you.”

“I’m fine,” I assure her, but my hands are shaking slightly because of the smell and because of Sam. I feel hotter with the weird smell, something I’ve never really noticed before; it’s sickly sweet and it burns my nose.

The Cullens are outside waiting for us, five of them and Bella. I see Edward hesitate a little when he sees me and he tells his family something quickly. Sammy greets everyone with hand shakes and hugs, just the usual Sammy, but no one comes close to me. Sammy gives Edward a questioning look and he whispers something in her ear.

“He’s afraid of what will happen if you get too close since you’re close to transformation,” Sammy informs me in a hushed voice.

I ask the Cullens about the attack on our reservation. Primarily Edward and Carlisle explain everything since they are the best speakers. The longer I stick around, the more my body starts to hurt. The smell seems to be overwhelming now and it gives me a large headache. Sammy squeezes my hand noticing how uncomfortable I am. She gives me a worried look, but I can’t tell her that I’m fine because I’m running to the bushes to puke. A bear comes out, probably Alex and Sammy runs over.

“I’ll be right back. Jacob go sit in the car. I’m sorry, he’s just not feeling well and I have to talk to my brother. Sammy runs into the forest and phases coming out five minutes later. She makes eye contact with Edward and he nods then she says goodbye to everyone curtly, running to the car. Alex quickly runs out of the forest before Sammy gets into the car and he hops into the backseat. I feel so hot and my body’s really sore.

“I told you it was dangerous!” Alex exclaims as Sammy hits 90 on the dirt road.

“Well no one expected this to happen!” Sammy defends.

“What’s going on?” I ask confused.

“Meeting the Cullens triggered your transformation. We’re not sure how fast it’s going to happen. Sam went to go tell your dad,” Alex informs me.

We rush back to the house, everything is quiet in the car. Sammy doesn’t even have the radio on and her hands are tightly gripping the wheel. Once we pull into the drive, Sammy helps me out since the pain is overbearing. Alex runs to the house to tell Tim and Sam is leaving my house. He runs over to help Sammy, but glares at her the whole time, while her head is hung down.

“Just take him to his bedroom Sam, Sammy you can leave now,” my dad says as we enter the house. He looks pissed, but he also looks worried when he sees me.

“Don’t make her go,” I retort.

“No, it’s fine Jake. I got you into this,” Sammy says and leaves the house, but she doesn’t go home, I see her round the house and go to the garage but no one else seems to notice her.

Tim rushes in with the thermos Sammy had when she was going through the transformation. I chug down most of it and feel better, but the pain and heat are still there.

“Is the pain completely gone?” Tim asks once I put down the thermos.

“No,” I answer hesitating a little. My dad’s eyebrows furrow. Tim leaves to make me more tea. I lay in bed and try and rest, but it’s really difficult to sleep. The tea wears off within an hour and I have to take more. Everyone’s worried, especially Tim since he doesn’t know where Sammy is. I want to tell him, but I can’t muster the energy to do it.
***
“Have you seen your sister?” Tim asks Alex as they walk into the room with another thermos of tea.

“Not since I left the car. Has no one heard from her? If anything, she probably phased,” Alex says. He doesn’t seem as worried.

“I asked Emily to check and nothing. I even called Bella and she said that she hasn’t seen her anywhere. Where the hell is she?!” Tim says in frustration. It’s about midnight and I saw Sammy leave the garage as it started to get dark.

“We can go look for her,” I mumble.

“No, you need to rest Jacob,” Tim says giving me the thermos then turns to Alex and whispers, “the wolves won’t do anything right now; even though it’s just three of them, it would be helpful. They’re all mad at her. I think I’m going to give Carlisle a call.”

Tim walks out of the room and I fall asleep.
***
I wake up around eleven in the morning, but I can’t be sure because there’s no clock in my room. I hear talking coming from the living room. I try and get up, but the pain is worse. Now I know why Sammy didn’t want me to go through this.

“She’s no where to be found Billy!” I hear Tim exclaim.

“I know, and it’s all my fault,” my dad apologizes and he actually sounds guilty, “have the Cullens checked their territory?”

“Yes, multiple times, they think she’s here, but Sam is being careless about searching! I even checked that garage and I found her shoes and jacket in there. Luckily she has warm blood or else she would’ve been freezing her ass off all night!”

“No one has seen her?”

“Nope. My only daughter and she’s missing.”

I hear Tim start to cry and hear my dad’s wheelchair roll somewhere.

“I’ll call Sam and tell him to check everywhere.”
***
Another day has passed and no Sammy. She’s doing a really good job at hide and seek. I know she’s somewhere near, but they won’t let me help search for her. I feel that connection that she talked about, she’s not far, but she's not in our territory. The pain is worse and the tea is barely helping anymore.

“We need to move you to the campsite,” Alex informs me entering the room. I’ve grown a few more inches since the visit with the Cullens and they insisted on shaving my hair to a crew cut. Alex helps me to the campsite and there’s a tent there.

“Hear anything from Sammy?” I ask worried.

“She phased last night and just said she’s keeping her distance. She was at the beach when that happened,” Alex informs me in a more monotone voice.

“How is no one finding her?” I ask. We have so many people out searching for her.

“I think she’s staying at the Cullens. There was a note at my dad’s office about something like that. He won’t tell Billy though, but he feels better knowing that she’s safe at least.”

“Your dad still trusts them even after what happened?”

“It’s not their fault, they’re good… people. Bella doesn’t know she’s there either though, but she just doesn’t want everyone to be mad at her. Robin told us she’s still going to work so one of them is giving her a ride. Billy won’t let us over there unless one of our own are there and he doesn’t know Sammy’s there so no one can cross the border.”

“She can handle herself,” I comment, “especially with the Cullens. And they’ll look after her.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment or Subscribe.
Please leave any recommendations for chapters.