Status: Will update as soon as possible, I hope you enjoy.

A Whisper in the Dark

Someone is here to see you

“Hey Macey get up!” Someone fairly distant called.
“Hey fatass get up!” the voice kept seeming to get closer and clearer. Whack, I awoke to someone hitting me with a pillow telling me to get up. It was Mal.
“Okay, okay I’m up now, chill!” I snapped grumpy to have been awoke from my deep sleep. She groaned and waked to the door and turned to me one last time and said, “There’s someone downstairs who is here to see you. I honestly am surprised to hear this. I slowly get out of bed and get ready then wander downstairs to find a middle-aged man.
“Manny!” I cried as I ran to him with open arms. H turned and opened his arms as soon as he saw me. I jumped into his arms and he embraced me tightly yet gently.
“How are you Macey?” he said with his face buried in my hair. He pulled back and smiled at me making me smile too.
"How would you like to go out for lunch kiddo?" he said still smiling.
I nodded my head my grin getting bigger. I missed him so much, unfortunately he recently moved to Texas with his his wife and four kids. It was the first time I had seen him since my parents funerals.
"What do you say?" he said turning from me to the head mistress. She smiled at me and nodded.
"Lets go shall we?" he said holding a hand out for me. When I was little I loved to hold his hand, it just seemed to comfort me or make me feel safe. I gladly took his hand and we then waled ut the orphanage.
We arrived at a small cafe that I've never been to. They had small tables with a pale shade of lavender table cloth which were weighed down by small chins plates and cups. It was decorated with paintings of nature likes trees and streams or maybe a deer standing at attention. We sat at one of the tables near the window looking out at a small neighborhood and a tiny children's playground.
We had long conversation catching up on how things hd been going since he moved away. Apparently his eldest child Devin had started playing baseball and liked the new neighborhood. So did his other three kids and his wife. As we were talking the bell dinged signaling that someone had entered the cafe. I heard footsteps behind me and heard a person say hi to me. I could tell by Manny's expression that he was quite shocked by their appearance. I turned to face the stranger seeing it was Andy and the rest of the band.
"Hi Andy, whats up?" I said pleasantly.
"Not much and you?" he replied a small grin on his face.
"Not much going on" I said.
"Look I'm sorry about having to leave so quickly when we met, band problems you know."
"Yeah, um well we actually have to be getting back to the home now but maybe I'll see you at the park tomorrow if you wanna hang out."
"That sounds great, it would be a nice change maybe I'll see you at 2."
"Ok."
Manny paid the bill and left a tip for our waitress. After that we headed off back to my 'house'.
"Hey I'm really sorry Macey but I have to go now, it was great seeing you and I'll call as soon as possible."
"Yeah I'll talk to you soon." I said. He then bent down and kissed me atop my head and left.
I know I'll talk to him or see him soon. Plus I will see Andy tomorrow. Yay!
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapters kinda lacking but I'll make it up to you.