In Their Eyes

Chapter 10

As we joined Todd and his brother Jacoby at the door I noticed the way Jacoby’s eyes floated up and down my body, a small smile appearing on his lips, sure he was good looking but he wasn’t Jake but who was I kidding, my mother would have never let me choose my own date to the dance. Ginger always made me look stunning but I would never be as stunning as her ever, I saw the look on Ginger’s face when she noticed the way Jacoby was looking at me and I knew she wasn’t impressed.

Ginger complimented Todd who kissed her, whispering something as he did, I couldn’t work it out but I hoped that it was nothing bad, I just stood staring at the ground not wanting to look at Jacoby in case he got the wrong idea.

We made our way out to the car and both the guys opened the doors for us so that we could get in, there was something strange about how Todd was acting he was never gentleman like when it came to girls not even Ginger but maybe his just trying to make this night special for his girlfriend I don’t know.

Arriving at the dance the guys again opened the doors letting us step out, Jacoby offered me his arm which I took linking my own arm through his mainly because it was hard walking across the cobbled surface in the shoes I was wearing, we walked into the gym which had been decorated in an 80’s style fashion which actually looked quite nice. As we walked in I saw Ginger and Donovan exchange a smile which Todd didn’t seem to pleased about, I felt bad for Ella who had really wanted to go but hadn’t been allowed because mother wanted her to do chores.

Todd and Ginger headed off to dance but Jacoby just pulled me towards the drink table where we stood in silence that’s when I spotted Jake staring at me, I gave him a small smile and he headed over to us, my stomach turned in excitement and my heart started beating just that little bit faster.

“Hey Aisling, just wanted to say that you look amazing and I hope you have a good night!”

“Thanks Jake and that suit really brings out your eyes” I replied smiling brightly at him, he smiled back looking at Jacoby who hadn’t even moved, if anything he looked bored. Jake made his way slowly back to the corner where he had been hiding but I saw him glancing over every now and again. I really wanted to dance with him, to tell him that I really like him and maybe get that first kiss that I had never had before.

The homecoming queen was announced a little while after. I crossed my fingers for Ginger as the lady took the name out of the envelope. Her ruby lips spoke into the microphone. "This years Homecoming Queen is...Ginger Daniels."

Applause started as she walked up to the stage to get her crown and bouquet, I was really happy for her, she had always wanted that crown and she deserved it. "And her handsome King will be Todd Blake." Another set of applause started for him but I didn‘t clap. "Now our royalty will share the first dance”.

Ginger and Todd took their places on the dance floor and started dancing, they moved with complete grace across the floor and then others joined them, I couldn’t take my eyes off my sister as she glided around with ease, I wish I was more like her but I would never be anywhere near as good as her at anything.

Todd soon led Ginger towards us and as she approached I hugged her, “Congrats” I said as I pulled away.

Todd coughed as if he was impatiently waiting for something, “Ginger and I are going to leave. Jacoby take her home safe. Get a ride from Hugh”

Ginger removed her crown and placed it on my head, “You look like a queen anyways”. She glanced at me as Todd led her away and there was something in her eyes that I couldn’t quite read clearly.

After they left Jacoby changed completely he started flirting with the other girls at the dance so I took that opportunity to go see if Jake wanted to dance I found him alone at the front of the dance floor where people stood if they were alone and when he saw me he smiled.

“Jake would you like to dance with me” I asked looking down at the floor but I looked up when Jake took my hand and led me out onto the dance floor, we danced for about an hour then went to get drinks. Jacoby was with one of the cheerleaders and when he saw Aisling he laughed.

“You are going to have to find your own way home because I have plans right here!” He yelled making me jump a little, Jake got me a drink then we headed towards the door.

“Come on I’ll give you a lift home, it’s not safe for you to go home alone”

I followed him to his car, getting in after he opened the door for me with a smile that made me melt inside, then he drove me home … When we pulled up outside he looked at me and opened his mouth to say something but then he leaned over and kissed me.

“I’ll see you in school” I said as he pulled away smiling. I got out, as he nodded and I closed the door walking to the front door and waving before going inside and heading straight to my room, I checked Ginger’s room before going into mine and getting changed into my Pyjamas, I laid down in my bed thinking about what had happened and I couldn’t wait to tell Ginger. Jake had kissed me and it was magical!
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go guys! Please let us know if you spot any mistakes and we can change them!

Let's us know what you think of the story so far!!