In Their Eyes

Chapter 4

The final bell rang and Ginger left to meet mother in town, she said that she would be back to pick me up at five which was when practice finished so I was fine with that. As usual practice went really well, cheer leading was one of the things in my life that I actually like doing, my mother thinks that I joined the squad because she said I had too but truth is I had already signed up way before she mentioned it.

At five o'clock I rushed outside to the parking lot so not to keep Ginger waiting but she wasn't there, I waited for half an hour sitting on the curb in my cheer leading uniform and it was kind of cold, she finally pulled up at half five and I have to admit I was pissed.

I got in the car. "Why are-" I started but stopped mid sentence when I looked over at Ginger. I slowly and gently touch Ginger's throbbing cheek. "Gin, did mother do this to you?"

She laughed darkly. "Who else would've?"

"Why?"

"I told her that you didn't want to go, and that I knew you better than her." She shrugged. "It's my fault. i shouldn't have said that."

"Gin, don't blame yourself. It's not your fault she's a horrible mother." I paused. "What did she say?"

"About what?" Ginger asked confused.

"Me going to the dance?"

"Oh." She looked down. "She that you still had to go."

I felt my face dropped. "Oh, okay."

I really really didn't want to go to the stupid dance, maybe I would get ill or something because I would never be able to go with who I wanted, my mother would choose for me and if I argued then I'd get the same as Ginger did for sticking up for me, a slap round the face or worse.

The rest of the drive home was silent. When we finally arrived home Donovan was there dropping off Ella. I saw Ginger grip the wheel tightly, her hands turning pale as the blood was constricted, she hated seeing Ella cuddling the guy she liked I knew that but it would do no good getting angry.

I put my hand on Ginger's shoulder in a comforting manner. "Ginger, maybe it's for the best. I mean, mother would never let you go out with him."

She again chuckled darkly. "Of course she wouldn't, Donovan's a nice guy. That's why he would never date me."

Ginger got out the car, running inside the house and locking herself in her room, I knew she was upset and I also knew that nothing I said would make her feel better, I sat on my bed listening to music on my Ipod and thinking about things.

Sometimes I wish that this wasn't my life, of course I'd still want Ginger around maybe even Ella, we could bond and actually be sisters instead of our mother making us do the most horrible things to Ella which neither me nor Ginger wanted to do. I fell asleep soon after that missing dinner and slipping into my dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys hope you like...

Feed back would be great!