Hurricane Jenny

002:

Chapter Two
“You came!” I squealed as I headed out towards the ice to see that Jordan and some of his teammates were behind him, “Hi guys!”

“Hey, Jen, came to watch you kick ass,” Marc said and I smiled and nodded my head.

“We’re up in the suite with Eric and Tanya,” Jordan said and I smirked.

“Did you win?”

“Duh,” Sidney Crosby said and I smiled and high fived my brother.

“Did he cry like a girl?” I teased.

“Who? Mr. Emotional, please,” Jared said as he appeared out of the locker room in full gear and stood next to me, “What’s up Jordan? Why you guys here?”

“Came to see you guys play,” Jordan said and Jared scoffed.

“You mean came to watch Jenny play,” he said as he put his helmet on and headed out towards the ice.

“Such a jealous little baby,” I muttered and Jordan laughed and wrapped his arm around my neck and pulled my head into his chest, “Ah, come on Jordan! I just did my braids!”

“Such a whiney little baby!” Jordan mocked and his teammates laughed.

“Jerk!” I said and then punched him in the arm and he laughed. I heard my Coach call my name and I looked back to see that most of the team was on the ice, “I gotta go, I’ll see you later.”

“Have fun,” Jordan said and I smirked.

“Kick ass!” Marc cheered and I pounded my fists with his and then headed out towards the ice.

-Jordan-
“So what’s wrong with your brother?” Sidney asked as we sat in a private suite and watched as the Charlotte Checkers and Providence Bruins warmed up and the fans arrived.

“Jared?” I asked and he nodded his head, “He’s just jealous of Jen.”

“Why?” Marc asked as he sat next to me.

“Well, watch her,” I said as I pointed down towards her.

“Jared’s always been like that,” Eric said as he placed his hand on my shoulder, “He’s always been jealous on how hockey came so easily to her.”

“You should have seen him a few years ago, he would always try to get the slap shots at her, but she would constantly block them,” I smirked and placed my feet up on the windowsill, “We taught our grasshopper well!”

“Damn right!” Eric smirked, “I think all four of us gave her everything, every trick, every secret, every piece of advice we had, and she took it and absorbed it. She might even be better than you Fleury.”

“Fat chance,” Marc scoffed and I smirked.

“You think so?” Sidney asked as he nudged my arm and I stared out onto the ice staring at my sister blocking all of the pucks that we shot at her.

I sighed and then rubbed my chin, “Hard to say, she’s definitely really good, maybe she is.”

“Staalsy! Come on!” Marc barked and I looked back towards him and smirked.

“What’s going on here?”

I turned around and smirked, shaking my head, “When the hell did you get here, Talbo?”

“Some of us followed you guys up,” Max said and then nudged his head behind him to see that more of the team was walking in, “Thought little Jenny could use some more support.”

“Don’t let Jared here you say that,” I muttered and then rubbed my forehead hearing Eric growl and stomp over towards Max.

“Ok, don’t ever call my sister that again,” Eric snapped and I sighed and looked back towards the ice.

The horn blew, warm up was over and the game was going to start in fifteen minutes. I sat back in my seat and stretched my arms, turning my head after hearing a slam and seeing that Eric had punched Max in the stomach.

“Dude, calm down,” I said as I reached out my arm and placed it on Eric’s, “He’s just messing with you.”

“Douche bag!” Eric growled and I shook my head and looked at Max to see that he had a smirk on his face.

“Leave my family alone, Max,” I stated and Max scoffed and took a seat next to Marc.

“Anyone see Geno?” I heard Sidney asked and looked around the room to see that everyone was shaking their heads.

“He’ll be fine,” I muttered.

“Yeah the guy that doesn’t speak any English will be fine,” Max laughed, “Ok!”

“He speaks English!” I defended and Marc scoffed.

“Not very well, someone text the big guy,” Marc said and I sighed and looked back towards the ice.

The break went by really fast and before we knew it, the teams were back out onto the ice and I smirked when I saw my sister skate towards the goalpost and scratch out the ice around her.

‘…Kick ass tonight, squirt…’

-Jennifer-
My teammates lined up to pat my helmet for we just won another game with our opponents score being zero. I had blocked forty two shots, and at this point, two months into the season, that was a new record. Team skated off of the ice and then headed for the locker room.

“Staal!” Coach yelled as he walked into the locker room and both Jared and I looked, “Uh, girl Staal.”

‘…Really?...’ I thought and then looked over towards Jared to see that he rolled his eyes and looked back down towards his back and continued to take his gear off.

“Press wants to talk,” he said and I sighed and nodded my head.

I took my head off and grabbed a Checkers’ t-shirt and threw my shorts on and walked outside. I knew I was sweaty and probably gross, but the media loved that, they loved to show how hard we worked on the ice that night.

“Jennifer, Jennifer!” they all called and I walked over towards them.

“Jennifer, Kenny from Action News twelve, how’s the win feeling?” he asked and I placed my hands on my hips and smiled as he placed the microphone in front of my face.

“It feels pretty good, the team played great and I happy to see another win on the boards for us.”

“Finishing up the second month into the season, the teams played a total of twenty games, you playing in twelve of those games. How does it feel to have a perfect record, meaning your opponents scoring zero goals while you’re in the net?” he asked and then placed the microphone back in front of my face.

I scratched the back of my head and smiled towards him, you always had to watch what you said to the media, they were always waiting for you to screw up, “I’d say it feels pretty good, very rewarding to know that all of the practice the team and I have put into the sport has paid off and we’re taking a lot of wins.”

“But you personally?”

“But it’s not only about me; it’s about the whole team, all the way from the Coach, down to the goaltenders. Sure I stop the pucks, but it’s only because the team is there to help me. We work together, and without that teamwork, we wouldn’t be getting as far as we are,” I answered trying to sound nice because this guy was annoying me because he was trying to make me say something that might sound selfish and I’m not that type of person, “Anyone else?”

Reporters asked just about the same questions in ten different ways, but I stood their patiently and talk to each one of them that had a question. When I was finished, I went back into the locker room and grabbed my stuff and headed into the showers.

-Jared-
I was waiting in the locker room for my sister to get out of the showers. I leaned my back against the wall and looked up towards the ceiling, bored out of my mind. Her interviews with the reports took longer than she and I thought, and she was the last to go into the showers, this is where she should her girl side and took forever.

There was a knock at the door and I turned my head to see that my brothers and some of the Penguins walked into the locker room.

“Hey good game, Jared!” Eric said happily and shook my hand.

“Thanks.”

“Where’s Jen?” Jordan asked as he looked around.

‘…Course you ask about her first…’ I thought as I side and pointed towards the showers, “She got held up with the media.”

“Ah the media, always fun,” Crosby said as he smirked and sat on the bench.

“Wouldn’t know, was never interviewed,” I muttered and looked at my phone.