The Opportunity Has Just Begun

No Man Admits They Are Wrong

My phone vibrated on the table in front of me and it was Adam.
“Yes I am Count Dracula, mwhaha.”
“Well your a moron because now I have to try all these dumb hickeys,” I mashed away at the keys.
“They are your birthday present,” I could just imagine his smug face staring at his phone knowing he was getting to me.
“I will give you a birthday present in a second.”
“That was a terrible threat especially since mine has already been which means you are in debt.”
“You got your fun last night.”
“Your making it sound like it was bad, but by how quickly you fell asleep I would say you had just as much fun.”
“Shut up,” if he was standing in front of me I would have punched him for that one for sure.

“Who is that?” Oksana lent over my shoulder and peered down at my phone.
“No one,” I put my phone down.
“Did he do this?” she yanked my jumper to reveal the bruises there on my neck.
“No,” I shrugged her off.
“You bad at lying, come on.”

I tightened my grip on the little kitten in my arms as Oksana led me down the hall into the guest bathroom.

“Tell me,” she set her handbag down on the counter before pulling out some make up.
“What? no you are not putting that on me,” I tried to escape.
“Cameron,” she grabbed my jumper, “it help, hide from Sidney.”
“Why do I want to hide it from him?” I frowned not getting what her sudden obsession with him was.
“How do you not see he likes you?” she frowned looking rather annoyed at my ignorance.
“How do you know if he does?” I bit back.
“No man ever admits they are wrong unless they really like you,” she said thinking that was enough.
“Well does Geno admit he is wrong? Because as far as I know he can be an ass most of the time... ouch!” I winced and tried to bat her hand away as she touched one of the bruises.
“In Russian what man says is true no question.”
“Oh,” my heart suddenly sunk for her as she continued to pat at the spots carefully and quietly, “so why don't you just marry some American guy or something?”
She sighed and stopped all of sudden and at first I thought she was going to start yelling at me to mind my own business or something but she didn't, she just continued to patting away.

“Is hard to get away from Russian life,” she began talking and I didn't exactly no where to look but she wasn't making any attempt at eye contact so I stared at the kitten who was staring back at me.
“Evgeni is always there but he is difficult sometimes, hockey is all he wants. He says he want family, he says he want to marry but we been together six years and nothing.”
“I heard you guys where on and off a lot,” I gulped hoping she wouldn't get angry that I had been prying into her life a bit.
“Yes always on and off. Evgeni not know what he want and makes me mad so I leave but when he comes back to Russia we always together again.”
“Doesn't that get tiring?”
“Yes, stressful but you do for people you love. Is why you need to wear this so Sid not find out about phone guy.”
“Adam,” I corrected.
“We call him phone guy, less feelings,” she smiled before pulling back and looking pleased with her job.

I turned around to look in the mirror and was ok with the makeup for now, I guess it couldn't hurt. After all I didn't want to find another thing that could drive a wedge between Sid and I.

We went back out into the kitchen and sat down at the dining table just in time for the guys to be setting the table.

“Sid have one more surprise,” Geno smiled setting down a plate of pancakes in front of me.
“What?” I looked up from the little kitten to Sid who was sat down in the seat across from me.
“What would you say about coming back to practice with the team today?” he smiled.
“I would think that your concussion has come back and made you crazy,” I set the little kitten down on the chair next to me so I could begin eating.
“I am being serious, do you want to or not?”
“Of course I want to.”
“Well then eat up because we some hockey to get ready for,” he pointed to my plate.
“Really?”
“Yes really,” he laughed as I began shoveling food into my mouth.

If they were just kidding around I was going to kill them when we got to the rink. Abandoning my little kitten within half an hour of getting him was not what I would have done on any other given day but I was so excited to be back out on the ice with the guys I couldn't think about anything else other than that.

“Alright boys here she comes,” I heard Dan as I walked down the tunnel towards the ice.

I stopped when I saw all the guys standing there in front of me and began tapping the ice with their sticks, whistling and calling out. I felt my cheeks flame red and I would be thanking my helmet for covering most of my face later. I loved all these guys just a little too much.

“Come on Cam let's go,” Sid turned around to defend me, “go, come on skate faster,” he began tapping my shins trying to put me off. But with a few of Sid's tricks up my sleeve I stick handled around him, went down around the goals and with a wrap around shot it went it.

“Sid is new lazy,” Geno laughed.
“Am not, it was beginners luck,” he tried to defend himself.
“Yeah, yeah, you know I kick your ass every day of the week,” I elbowed him before he bumped me back.

I loved all these guys just a little too much and I was so happy to be back at the rink with the guys.
♠ ♠ ♠
So lucky I began writing this earlier otherwise I was going to be painfully annoyed with myself for not finishing it tonight but I had ice hockey training and it was a nice inspiration to finish, purely because my captain was being a bitch to me tonight just because he can so I felt Sid and Cam needed a little moment of messing around.