The Opportunity Has Just Begun

It's My Time Now

“Hey,” I stood at Geno's open door with Oksana in front of me.
“Hi, come in,” she looked down and stepped back.

I walked inside and noticed a pile of pillows and blankets on the couch.
“Have you?” I pointed to them, us both knowing what I meant.
“No,” she shook her head, “I say sleep on couch so he can rest but I tell him soon, I promise.”
“Is he awake yet?” I changed the subject not wanting to get dragged into this anymore than I already was.
“No, you wake him.”
“Ok.”

I headed upstairs and peered into Geno's room to see him sound asleep in the dark room.
“Geno,” I whispered as I stepped inside and shut the door quietly behind me waking up Jeffrey.
“Hey buddy, I am sorry,” I tiptoed over to the bed and sat down putting my hand on Geno's shoulder.
“Geno, wake up.”

He mumbled something and rolled over but didn't open his eyes.
“Geno wake up,” I put my hand on his back and rubbed in small circles until he woke up.

“I want sleep,” he mumbled turning to face me.
“I know but you have a doctors appointment,” I reminded him rubbing the back of his neck hoping to ease some of the tension that was guaranteed to be there.
“No,” he groaned burring his face into the pillow.
“Yes, come on. Jeffrey wake him up,” I pushed the big dog in his direction.

I felt pretty miserable all night thinking about Geno. I knew they didn't have the best relationship but that still didn't mean that either of them could go behind one others back.

I guess they were the kind of couple that fell into a routine and no matter what happened they always ended up back together. That definitely wasn't healthy and the way Geno looked right now he didn't need it.

It took him awhile to get out of bed and even then he was moping around in sweatpants and a jumper.

“You want to get anything to eat?” I asked as he lazily tied his shoes up.
“Not hungry,” he shrugged, "just want doctors then come home and sleep."
"You will probably feel like that for awhile," I ruffled his already messy morning bed hair.
"Mmm," he rolled his eyes and mumbled something else to himself in Russian before disappearing downstairs.

"I will wait for you in the car," I told him as I walked passed them standing in the foyer. Geno had his arms wrapped around her not knowing anything about what I saw last night and for now I was going to keep it that way. She made him happy and right now that was what he needed.

"You ok?" Geno asked as he got in the car.
"Huh," I was dragged out of my thoughts, "yes I am ok. Just thinking..."

I was thinking alright. Wondering how I was going to deal with this whole thing. What would happen when Geno found out? Would I have to tell him I knew? It was wrong of me to keep the truth from him when he deserved to know, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. 

Oh I just couldn't wait to see Adam. Nothing else mattered when he was around and right now getting out of the hectic place my head was at was all I needed.

We got to the rink and everyone could see that Geno was either hiding it or really wasn't affected all that much by it.

"How is he?" Kunitz lent over and whispered as Geno followed the team dr out of the room.
"He looked a little more exhausted than usual but other than that I think he is ok... for now."
"What do you mean for now?" He frowned.
"Oh... Nothing," I snapped my mouth shut realising I shouldn't have been going there and telling everyone else about Geno's personal life.

"How are you anyways?" He slapped my leg changing the subject.
"I am good."
"The diabetes?"
"It's fine, I thought I was going to wake up feeling worse for wear but I am actually pretty good."
"That's good, because with G out we are going to need you to step up huh?"
"Oh yeah, I guess I will."
"This will be your chance to prove to everyone just how good you are yeah?" He smiled.

I knew I could play better than I had and now I had my diabetes under control I was going to be on top of it. Hockey was my game, it was my life and all the other things that happened were just speed bumps along the way. I guess Kuni was right, it was time to focus more show them how us girls do it.
♠ ♠ ♠
So hopefully I can get a bit of Cameron time soon, her kicking some butt and being a good old hockey player, having some fun, drinking some beer and you guest it, getting laid :D