Status: I update as often as I can :)

I See the Moon Only

Shudder To The Core

Tears had stopped falling by now, I was sure there was none left, after my second breakdown, which bagan just as I hung up on Vic. I tilted my head up at the sound of my name being called. I looked to see four guys walking towards me, I had met some of them briefly at Ryans birthday a few months ago. There was Vic, short and tan, large muscular arms, nose piercing, shoulder length dark hair that was slightly wavy. Jaime, taller than Vic but short still, spikey brown hair like a porcupine. A sleve of tattoos on his arm and dark brown eyes., Vics brother whose name I had forgotten, tall as hell covered in tattoos and a few facial piercings. His hair was almost black and was quite long, and the shy one who I never got aquainted with, tall as well also covered in tattoos. He had a piercing under his right eye and a long padawan brain showing out from under his slightly long hair with shaved sides.
I definately get whymy brother didn't allow me to get to knlw these guys, they look nice but like slight trouble, and they were my type of guys. Dangerous looking.
"Vic!" I stood my self up from my uncomfortable position on the ground and ran towards Vic who opened his arms to me. I ran into them and let my arms embrace around his neck as I cried into his shoulder. "Hes gone, his heart s-stopped and hes not coming back. I dont have anyone else, nobody!" My voice was slightly muffled from my face being pressed into his shirt. He did not reply to my cries, just help me close whispering encouragements in my ear, rubbing comfortingn circles into my back. I looked up to the other three guys, each gave me an apologetic look with their puffy red eyes.
"Miss Jones?" A voice inquired from the doorway of Ryans room, which had not been opened again since I had walked out of it.
I pushed my self away from Vic and turned around slowly as I began making my way towards the doctor, the others trailing behind me.
"Im sorry but there was nothing we could do." Just as I had thought I had no tears left to shed, they began to pour out again, god I am crying alot tonight, its a never ending sadness isn't it? I had already lost one of the only people close to me in the last few weeks and now my only remaining family was being ripped from me, I cant go on without them, I really have no one. Corban was one of the only friends I have ever gotten and the only one that stayed friends with me up untill his death and I had no family, none whatsoever.
*FLASHBACK*
I turned my head to the side to face my mother. I was the spitting image of her even at the young age of 9, except my eyes. Hers are green whereas mine are a deep blue just like my father. Her hair flicked around as she turned her head away from the television -that was playing The Little Mermaid- towards me. I giggled aloud and threw my small arms around her neck and climbed onto her lap with my legs swinging off by her right hip.
"I love you Mummy."
"I love you too my precious." We sat there for the most of the movie, her arms wrapped around my tiny frame rocking me back and forward soothingly trying to coax me into sleep before my father came home, but we weren't so lucky this time.
The door crashed open, sending a loud bang through the house, frightening me to the core and waking me up fully.
"Where is my 'darling' family!?" His loud voice erupted from the front door down just past the kitchen behind us. His footsteps thundered towards us.
I stood up with my mother as we walked to meet my father halfway.
"Ahh there they are!" He cried aloud as our faces came into his view.
He looked discusting. He hadn't shaven in days and the stubble around his pudgy face grew long, almost long enough to be considered a proper beard. He had dark bags under his eyes, showing off the wrinkles already forming on his 38 year old face. His clothes looked wrinkled and dirty like they hadn't been changed in days, because they actually hadn't been changed in days and the bulged around his slightly big stomach. His hair was scruffy, flicking out all over the place and worse off he smelled like alcohol.
"What do you think you're doing?" Mums voice was strong amd stern, causing a scowl to erupt on my fathers face.
"What the hell are you talking about woman!?"
"You cant keep coming home drunk every night! Is this the example you want to set for your daughter?"
"She ain't mine bitch. You can have the little shit to yourself! I dont even like her!"
"HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT! I AM SICK OF YOU COMING HOME DRUNK EVERY NIGHT AND TREATING ME AJD YOUR DAUGHTER LIKE SHIT! YOU DISCUSTING, NASTY DICK HEAD! IM TAKING JESSAMINE AND IM LEAVING YOU! YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A SELF LOATHING DRUNKEN ASSHOLE!"
Before I knew it, my mother was lying on the floor with a pink mark etched into her cheek. I ran over under the dining room table and cradled my knees to my chest as tears silently poured down my face. Why did father hurt mummy?
"DONT YOU DARE EVER SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT AGAIN BITCH! AND YOU AINT EVER LEAVING ME!" I heard the soft echoes of my mother sobbing across the room.
"Jessamine, run to the neighbours!" I stood up to run to the gaping front door like my mother had told me, but I knew I wouldnt be able to get away from my father who was now advancing towards me, I may have been young but I was smart.
"OH NO YOU DONT LITTLE SHIT! COME TO DADDY!" He stepped towards me, only a meter away now, with his arms stretched out towards my neck. I stood stuck in my place, shivering from the fear coursing through my body.
"STAY AWAY FROM HER!"
Glass shattered over the floor as a vase smashed against the back of his skull, breaking into tiny pieces. He stumbled and tripped before regaining his balance amd changing his course from me to towards my mother, grabbing a large knife on his way from the kitchen counter. My mothers eyes widened in realisationg of what he wanted to do with it. She reached her arms behind her, searching furiously for something to throw. She stumbled across the floor to the cabnet im the corner of the large room, accidentally flicking the switch and throwing the room into darkness, the only light from the moon seeping in through the windows. She grabbed picture frame after picture frame and threw them at him as he advanced, a crazy look in his eyes, but they did nothing to deter him from moving towards her. I reached out to the counter and grabbing what I could to throw. I chucked several cups at him but they did nothing, only shattering as they reached the floor.
"STAY AWAT FROM ME! HELP! CALL THE POLICE! PLEASE HELP!" She screamed out, praying that one of the neighbours heard and would help.
"SHUT UP!" He took a final step towards her as he reached his arm up and back down, sinking the knife into her chest.
Screams shuddered through the room, both mine and hers.
Her eyes widened at the pain as he twisted the knife before ripping it out.
I backed away from them, and hid behind a chair, where father wouldn't find me, crouching into a small ball that still let me see the scene erupting before me, my hand crushed against my mouth, trying to silence the sobs escaping from my lips.
He took the knife and plunged it back in. A cry erupted from mothers lips as blood trickled down her torso, forming a pool around their feet. He forced the knife in and out of her mangled body once more before letting her bloddy figure drop to the floor with a thud, a small whine forcing its way out of her trembling lips, at least she was still alive.
He twisted around to scan around the room. His eyes passing over the furniture trying to figure out where I had gone. I cradled myself further back into the shadows towards the wall behind me and pushed my hand furthur into my mouth, I couldn't let a single peep escape.
A deathly silence encased the room. Not a single sound could be heard. Only fathers occasional raspy breath. "Oh Jessamine, sweet innocent Jessamine. Not so innoent now are we? Have I ruined your childhood? Oh poor baby, come to daddy. I will fix it for you. Once and for all," His loud voice echoed off the walls. It was no longer the promising voice of a loving father, a man to look up to, a father to run to when the monsters wouldnt go away. His voice was now evil, the whispers of a murderer, he WAS the monster. "JESSAMINE! I WILL FIND YOU AND WHEN I DO I SWEAR TO GOD ILL-"
Sirens sounded from the distance, piercing through his raging rant.
"I will find you again one day!" He promised before he took off and ran out the front door, the last view I would ever have of my horrid father. I crawled out from my hiding place and dragged myself over to my mothers body. Her breaths were cracked and heavy.
"Mummy?"
"Baby, you are a strong girl." Her voice was weak and barely above a whisper. She took a large breath before continuing, even though the pain it caused her was obvious. "I love you so much."
Tears cascading down and dripping onto the bloddy puddle I was kneeling in. I layed down next to her ever weakening body, my clothes now soaked through with her blood, but I didnt care. I wrapped my arms around her, laying my head softly on her shoulder. Her arm weakly moved over onto my body, the last embrace I would ever have with my mother.
"Fly away mum." I whispered to her softly, And so she did. I felt her float away, felt the life drift out of her body. She was gone, away from the horror that was my father.
That was the first time I ever called her mum. That was the day I grew up. My father was right, he did ruin my childhood. It was gone never to return again.
I stayed laying next to my mother in the dark empty house, the sound of the sirens growing louder ever so slightly each second.
*END OF FLASHBACK*
♠ ♠ ♠
So ah ... theres another death. 3 deaths in 4 chapter, what can I say though? I just love some good death. So I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far, i try to keep it interesting. Dont worry, the "romance" will start picking up soon. So updates will become slower, but I just really wanted to get the first couple of chapters up fast. So comment, subscribe and recommend please, it means alot to see me getting them :)
Thanks cutie,
Shay xx