Instincts

Chapter 7

That was the only one she understood at that exact moment.

She went out and packed up her case noticing the guys were busy. They probably didn’t even see her there.

She quickly scribbled out a note telling them to drop her case off at the shop with Serenee or Irreale tonight or tomorrow before closing time.

She slowly stalked to the door hoping the guys wouldn’t notice her delayed movements.

She opened the door as soundlessly as possible and cast a glance at the guys one last time.

Beckett looked at her right at that moment and as she realized he would know what she was doing she took off running.

Beckett started running after her drawing all the guys’ attention toward the door.

They realized what happened as Beckett tore out through the door and they knew bringing Crissy here was a mistake. Using this pressure was wrong.

Crissy could outrun William easy. She ran track all through high school, placed first in State two years in a row. She still ran three miles every morning.

William’s good six inches on her 5’9” wouldn’t help him. With her good 20 yard head start the length of his legs didn’t help him.

She lost him after about two blocks with the help of many alleys and side streets.

He walked back head down.

He’d lost her again.

He didn’t even really know what he did this time though.

She ran all the way back to the shop.

She explained everything to the girls and told them to expect her stuff.

She went to her station and found her extra set off keys she hid there.

She lost her keys a lot.

She got in her car and drove home to her apartment.

When she arrived home she flopped onto her couch in frustration.

She didn’t know what to do.

She knew William would keep coming back if she didn’t leave...

And this time she’d have to go farther.

She’d have to leave Chicago.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you want the sequel?
Because one more chapter
But if you don't want the sequel this can be the end.
Vote!
Please