Status: I will try and update every week :)

Forbidden Sunset

This should be fun – Jake - Present

~People are surprised to find out that an awful lot of people think that they're idiots.~
-Eric Schmidt-

I was called down to the ballroom and I was very surprised when I flipped on the light.

“Surprise! Happy Birthday Prince Jacob!” Everyone screams at me.

I get slapped on the back by my best friend Ethan and I smile. Today was the day I turned 19, a legal adult in the vampire world. As I walked around, I was congratulated by family, friends and servants.
I nodded and thanked them politely, as I headed towards the stage where my parents were. My mother reached me first and wrapped me in a tight hug.

“Happy birthday son.” She whispered into my ear. I lightly kissed her check and walked over to my father, who greeted me with a handshake.

“Happy birthday Jacob. As your parents we are the first ones to give your gift.” As soon as the words left my father’s lips, a large package was carried on stage.

The room fell silent and all eyes were on the present. I eyed it, wondering what could possibly be behind the thick coat of wrapping paper.

“Open it! What are you waiting for!?” Called the impatient voice of my best friend.

I roll my eyes and start ripping the paper. When the last sheet has fallen I gasp. Inside in a girl I know all too well.

Emily Thomas, previous best friend to my favorite person to bully. Her face goes from shock to angry, very, very fast.

“Jacob Cameron!? What the heck!? You let me out of this box right this moment!” She screams at me, furiously pounding at the plastic.

I laugh and turn to my parents.

“Is this my present?” They nod, eyes glued on a furious Emily.

“Mom, you may want to use you’re powers.” I mutter quietly.
The audience is watching Emily, some with amusement others with disgust. I watch Emily, her fury going out like a light and a look of confused calmness sweeps across her face. Her pounding lessens, and now her hands lay limply by her sides.

“Please escort Miss. Thomas to her room.” My father commands and 2 guards pick up the box and leave the room.
Ethan hops up on stage and guides me back towards the dance floor.

“Sick present dude. But you looked a little uneasy. Everything alright?”

I nod, wanting to enjoy the rest of my night.

“Good, because there’s a certain girl I want to introduce to.” He drags me over to a girl who looks around 18 and is wearing enough make-up to clog a sink.
“Get me a drink Eth.” I say, ready to make a good impression.
Image


I enter my “present’s” room, not bothering to knock. She is sitting on the bed in yoga pants and a plain grey T-shirt, looking at me with a neutral face.

“Is your wrist broken?” She asks.

What??!! Where did that come from?

“Um… no?” I answer uncertainly. “Good to know. So why didn’t you knock?” She asks, still neutral.

“Because this is my house, princess.” I smirk and make my way over to her.
She doesn’t move. What is she, a statue?

“Don’t call me that Jake.” She says, looking me straight in the eye.

“So you know who I am?” I taunt, stopping right in front of her.

“How could I not recognize you? You’re the man who single handily ruined my life.” Her voice is cold, and it matches her face.

“Guilty as charged.” I grin at my own joke, but she doesn’t find it funny.

“I’m not scared of you.” Her voice doesn’t shake once, and I can tell she is dead serious.

“Really? And you know that am a vampire right?” I get closer to her, opening my mouth so she can see my pointy canines. She arches an eyebrow and scoots back on the bed.
“Wow, you bought plastic vampire teeth at the dollar store. Now I’m really scared.” She fake shudders, which angers me.

“You really don’t think I’m a vampire? Well sweetie, you’re in for in now.” I go to crawl on top of her, but she surprises me by punching me square in the jaw.

“Stay away from me Jacob Cameron!” She shouts and hops off the bed.

Wow, she has a good arm, because that kinda hurt.

“Look princess, I don’t want to hurt you.” But we both knew that was a lie. I wanted to make her scream so loud you could hear it in another country.

“Really? You don’t want to hurt me? That is the funniest thing I’ve heard all day! You sure wanted to hurt me in grade 7! And 8! And 9!” She shouts back at me.

I quickly recall those memories and smile. “You were such a loser back then Emily. And you haven’t changed a bit.” I tease her and that drives her mad.

She walks over to me and goes to punch me, but I catch her hand. She glances at her captured hand and then goes to swing the other one.

“Is that all you got?” I smirk, but soon I’m on the floor, rolling in pain. I can’t believe she just kicked me in the-you-know-where!

“Is that all you got?” She taunts, flipping the question on me.

“Darling, you are so going to pay.” I quickly get up at an inhuman speed and grab Emily’s wrist.

She arches both eyebrows and waits for my next move. I slowly start twisting in, painfully. Her face goes from strong to pain in a matter of seconds.

“Let go.” Her voice is shaky and tears are starting to brim in her eyes.

“What’s the magic word?” I ask in a childish voice.

“Please. Please let go Jake.” I see the pain and fear in her eyes and something inside of me snaps.

I let go and she holds her swollen wrist. Something inside of me doesn’t like to hurt Emily.
What is going on?

Just to prove my conscience wrong I grab her around the waist and throw her on the bed, crawling quickly on top of her.

“Jake? What are you doing?” Panic is clear in her voice and she fights to get me off of her.

I don’t say anything while I get her wrists above her head.

“This might sting just a little.” I whisper into her ear. Without even giving her a chance to speak I bite hard into her neck. A bloodcurdling scream echoes off the wall and it just drives me crazy. I was addicted to pain, and this was like hitting the jackpot.

Emily kicked, tried to squirm, but I had her locked tightly under me. I drank until still her screaming lessened; soon it was coming out as pitiful shouts. I lick her wound shut, and release her wrists.

“Believe me now?” I ask just before she slips into darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
What did you think of the chapter? Comment if you have a question, concern or just want to comment! :)
And I finally found a quote for this chapter! [Insert happy dance! :)]

The next chapter is told in Emily's POV in the present. You get to know what she is thinking for this chapter, and you can't skip it! :)