Status: I will try and update every week :)

Forbidden Sunset

Too Far - Emily and Jake - Present

~Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.~
-Martin Luther King, Jr.-

Emily

I sat up, coughing up a storm. I shook my head free of the cold water dripping from my head and glared at the person who did it. Prince Arrogant was smiling like the idiot he was.

It was clear as day he had poured the water on me. He didn’t even try to hide the bucket.

“That is punishment for breaking rule number 3. You are to do what I say without hesitation or complaint.” He says.

I rolled my eyes, got up and stretched.

“What about rule #4?” I asked and then added in a mockingly high tone. “I am never to physically hurt you.

He signed. “I’m going to let that speaking out of turn pass for right now. You didn’t receive supper last night as your punishment.”

I yawn and walk over to my dresser. “What time is your stupid get-together party?” I ask.

“6. So make sure you’re ready by then.” He says walking out.

He made sure to slam the door and I let out a small chuckle.

Always the Drama Queen.

Jake


Always the Drama Queen.” I hear Emily think in her head. My fists clench into balls, but I just keep walking. I went into the dressing room and found Christina painting her nails.

As soon as she saw me and stood and curtsied. “Your Majesty. To what do I owe the pleasure?” She asked.

I nod. “I’m here to talk about tonight. Show me the dress you have picked out for Emily.” I demand.

She scurries to the back and returned with an okay looking blood red dress that went almost to the floor.

“I was thinking this.” She says, looking for my approval.

I look it up and down. “Nope. Change it. She’ll look better in something blue.” I decide and turn to make my leave.

“Oh, and make it shorter.” I add and grinning devilishly.

I knew Emily was going to hate what I wanted her to wear, but if she didn’t talk back to me MAYBE I’d let her change into something else.

But that was a BIG maybe.

Emily


I had literally exited the kitchen when I bumped into him.

“Watch where you’re going!” I snap at him.

His eyes turn cold, but I just smile innocently into them.

“Look, this dinner party is very important to me and my parents so I will not have you misbehaving. To guarantee that, you will be attending a manners class.” He says.

“With you?” I ask sweetly.

He glares at me but doesn’t say anything.

Point me.

“Just come on.” He grabs my arm and drags me down a set of stairs, and a few hallways until were are in front of an ugly green door. He pushes me inside and follows me in.

I groan.

It was like being in a classroom except that there was only 1 desk and chair and they were in the middle of the room. There were posters covering the wall saying things like Manners Matter and You won’t get far in life without good manners.

I rolled my eyes. Someone cleared their throat and I saw a middle aged woman with wire rimmed glasses staring at me expectantly. Her outfit was 1 inch tan heels with matching dress pants. Then she had a snug tan jacket and I could see a white shirt poking out. Everything was perfect and not a wrinkle was found. Her bun was perfectly placed at the top of her head and she had the tiniest bit of red lip gloss on. She could be the model of how to look smart and dorky at the same time!

Jake lets out a little snort and I punch him in the arm.

Seriously Jake, stop reading my thoughts!” I scream at him inside my head.

He grimaces and I smile. Note to Self – when mad scream inside of head to annoy Jake.

“If you 2 are done, we have a class to begin. Mrs. Thomas please take a seat. Mr. Cameron please wait quietly at the door.” Mrs. Tan Suite instructs.

I lazily walk over to my seat and sit down. “Now we will be going over some basic drills.”

And we did.

Again.

And again.

And again.

I seriously thought I was going to die of boredom. Math even sounded like a better option than this.

I could tell Jake was enjoying this. I would sneak glances at him and he would smirk back at me.

I hated him so much right now and I didn’t even know it was possible to dislike someone so much.
Jake


This was just priceless. Honestly, this was the best way to make sure Emily had good manners for the party tonight, embarrass her and punish her.

It was like killing 3 birds with a pebble! I saw her glance at me and glare, and I would just smirk. She deserved what she got.

Image


Emily


I was seriously going to kill Jake. I was staring at the dress I was “supposedly” going to wear. Not a chance.

Christiana was showing it to me, nervously smiling. I readjusted my towel around me body and said. “If he is expecting me to wearthat, he is dead wrong.” I mutter. It’s skin tight and there is a bit too much cleavage for me.

“Please Emily; it will be easy on both of us if you just put the dress on.” She says and I nod and sigh. Somehow Jake always gets what he wants, and I’m sick of it. He wants me to behave at this party?

Well that is one thing he isn’t getting… [Insert evil chuckle]

~Later~


“You look nice.” Jake says as I walk towards him.

“Thanks. Wish I could say the same thing for you though.” I comment back.

Jake’s eyes narrow, but he doesn’t say anything back about it.

Point me.

I turn to go but Jake holds my arm, tugging me towards him.
“Look, if you make one mistake, one slip-up, one step backwards I will have you out of that room and beating you to a pulp before you can even say oops.” He smiles at me sweetly and now it is my turn to glare.

He guides me towards the ballroom where people are in groups talking and laughing with each other. I gasp. Everyone looks like they just came out a very expensive magazine. I can literally see diamonds on women’s dresses, rings and necklaces.

“This isn’t a get together. This is an event where people show off how much money they have.” I mutter. Jake nudges me in the ribs and we continue forward.

I see the King and Queen of Vampires stand up and the room falls silence.

“Thank you everyone for attending. Now if you will please follow us to the dining room so we can begin our night.” The King says.

The conversation starts once again and we all move into the massive dining room where there are many circular tables covered in perfectly white table covers. Everyone moves to their assigned seating and I notice that there are name cards on everyone’s plates.

“Why are their plates and bowls if all vampires drink blood?” I wonder in my head.

“You’re so stereotypical. Just because the vampires in Twilight only drink blood doesn’t we do. We can consume human food, it just that blood makes us stronger, healthier and is better tasting. Oh and we can have animal or human, both are good but to me human is much better.” He answers, and I hate it.

“How many times do I have to tell you to stay out of my head?” I ask, taking a seat beside him when we reach our table.

“How many times do I have to tell you that I’m your master and I can do whatever I want?” He retorts back.

I roll my eyes and feel a hand pinch my leg.
This was going to be a long night.
Image


The people at my table were in a lively conversation as well as the rest of the room. Michelle, Chris (the king), and their honored guests were talking about the kingdom and the future.

My so called “master” was talking to some blonde, airhead girl who had such an annoying, high pitched voice. Honestly, I couldn’t stand her.

“So who are you again?” She asks, looking at me.

Since she was on the other side of Jake, it was hard for her to make eye contact with me. I gently set down my fork and knife. I have never been much of a steak person, but I loved the way the cooked it here.

“Emily Thomas.” I answer simply without looking at her.

She lets out a high pitched giggle. “You think your name changes your status? You are still a slave, and Jake’s slave at that.” She says back, purposely trying to test my limits.

I take a deep breath and pick up my glass, lightly swirling the liquid.

“You’re lucky that the royal family even let you sit here. You should be on your knees at Jake’s side. You should be eating table scraps inside of royal food.” She persists.

Michelle and Chris stop their conversation and all eyes at our table our on me. I take a sip of the orange pop, letting the cool soda wash down my throat. I am getting a lot angrier but I refuse to let her get to me.

Mr. I-Think-I’m-all-that-and-More just sits back in his chair and enjoying the show.

“In fact you should be filling my glass right this moment you no-good dirt bag.” She says, holding out her glass.

I smile sweetly and get up. A waitress scurries over with a large bottle of Barolo Wine and hands it to me. I thank her and turn back to the fake life sized Barbie doll.

She holds out her glass and cocks her head. “Well?” She asks impatiently. The room has fallen silent, every pair of eyes on me.

I smile sweetly and pour the whole bottle into her lap and onto her chest. I empty every last drop of the red wine onto her Snow-White dress.

Not one drop even landed in the cup.

“You’re welcome.” I smile as she looks horrified at her dress.

“My dress! This costs me $15,000 and it’s new!” She shrieked. People had begun to laugh and point, and waitresses came over trying to lessen the stain with napkins.

I sat back down and started eating. “What do you think you’re doing?” Jake mutters furiously.

“Eating. What does it look like?” I snap back. I cut a small slice of steak but it never makes it to my mouth.

Jake flings the fork away from me and it ends up lodges in some rich ladies hair. And she doesn’t even notice.

“Emily you have broken so many rules and traditions, I can’t even describe to you how mad I am. You need apologize to Ashley right this moment.” He demands, grabbing my arm.

He drags me over to Ashley, and she is crying over her ruined dress.

Her make-up is smeared all over her face and her dress is now a light pink. She had shooed the waitresses away since they were making the problem worse, not better.

For a second I almost feel bad for her. Almostt.

“Ashley?” I say softly, walking towards her.

“What do you want?” She snaps at me, her eyes puffy with tears. “I just wanted to apologize.” I start and a small smile plays at the corner of my lips. “I wanted to say that…” I pause and then continue before Jake can read my thoughts.

“I’m sorry that you can’t respect the human race for who they are. I’m sorry that you think you are so pretty and powerful that you can treat others like crap. I’m sorry that you have be so mean to people just so that they will hang out with you. You use fear instead of love. And most of all I’m sorry that you’re a selfish, mean, rude, all-around bit-”I never get to finish that sentence because Jake puts his hand around my mouth, muffling the last word.

He drags me backwards, but not for my safety from Ashley. Ashley’s eyes narrow and she growls.

“I hope you kill this one Jake. She isn’t worth your time.” She says and she quickly walks out of the room.

The honored guests who I guess were her parents polity say good-bye and followed their daughter out.

“Well, this has been fun. Please follow our servants out, the evening is now over.” The King announces and everyone stands up to leave.

I can hear fragments of sentences as Jake drags me out of the room.

“That girl had some nerve...”

“I hope Jake does kill her...”

“That slave girl ruined my evening...”

“We didn’t even get dessert! And it was supposed to be chocolate cake!”

“Did you see what she did? I wish I could have been the one to do that!”


The last comment makes me smile, but the others I roll my eyes. Trust me; I was looking forward to dessert too! ;)

“You know what Emily? You have really been testing my patience. All you do is disobey me and get me in trouble and I’m sick of it! Could you obey me for 1 day?! That is all I’m asking?!” Jake says as he drags me down multiple stairs to the unknown.

“Let’s see, that would be 24 hours, 1,1440 minutes or 86,400 seconds.” I do the math in my head and he looks at me with awe.

I shrug than add, “Sorry, I don’t think I could last that long without giving you a sassy comeback. Plus why would I listen to Prince Dorkula?” He glares at me with hatred and I return in with an innocent angel-like smile, batting my eyelashes.

Point me!

He leads me down another set of stairs.

“Where are we going?’ I whine, starting to pull on my arm.

He doesn’t reply and finally he stops in front of a door.

“Here we are.” He says and pushes me inside.

It is a small (too small) cement cell that has no windows and only one door. The door the Jake is blocking.

“Jake, you wouldn’t. You know I have a fear of small spaces.” I whisper, terrified.

Jake


She shakes in fear, terrified that I’m going to actually leave her in here. “Sorry princess. But you broke a lot of rules.” I shrug, leaning against the door casually.

“Hey! In my defences, Barbie doll started it!” She argues back. But the fire in her eyes has left and in its place is fear.

“Not my fault. You could have kept your big mouth shut and just been a good little slave girl. Bad decisions have consequences love.” I smirk and she falls to the floor on her knees. Crying.

“Please Jake, I’m beginning you. Don’t do this.” She whispers, barely audible.

“But it’s already done.” I leave the room, making sure to lock it tight. She screams, furiously pounding on the door.

“Jake! Jake please! Don’t leave me in here! Jake!” She screams after me.

I grin, mentally high fiving myself.

Part of me wants to go back in there and get her out, begging for her forgiveness.But the other part is glad to cause her that pain and hopes that she remembers that I am always the boss.
Emily


I collapse to the floor, huddling near the doorway. “I believed in you Jake. You promised.” I mutter before the darkness claims me.

Flashback

“Emily! The teacher needs to see you right away! It’s about your grades!” Daniel a boy in my grade 6 class says urgently.

A boy behind him, I think his name was Caleb nods. I set my fork down and rush out of the cafeteria with them. We sprint in the hallway and end up in front of a janitor’s closet. I open the door and peer inside.

“Why would my teacher- Ahh!” I scream as they push me inside.

“Ha-ha! Now you’re locked inside!” The immature boys yell at me through the wooden door.

“Hey, that’s not funny! Let me out!” I scream at them.

They hold the door shut, and I was no match for their strength. I hated being in small spaces, anything could happen, and I would have nowhere to run.

After 5 minutes of desperately trying to break free, someone comes around the corner.

“What are you doing?” Another voice asks and I would recognize it anywhere.

“Jake! Jake! Please I need help!” I scream, pounding on the door.

“Emily? Hold on, I’m coming!” He calls back.

I can’t see what is happening but I hear cries of pain and footsteps running away. A moment later the door is opened and Jake stands there with his arms wide open.

I run into them and we sink to the ground, me crying hysterically into his arms.

“I, I was so scared Jake. I didn’t know what to do and if I was stuck in there a moment longer-” I can’t even finish my sentence I’m crying so hard.

“There, there Em. You’re okay.” He whispers to me. We stay like that for a few minutes and my sobs turn into sniffles. I face Jake, looking into the face of my rescuer.

“Those guys were jerks Em. I gave them both black eyes for what they did.” He said.

I laugh, knowing that we were both going to be in the principal’s office later.

Jake carefully wipes some tears from my cheeks and I smile.

“I promise I will never do that to you Em. I will never use your fear against you. That’s wrong and mean.” He said, looking me straight in the eye.

“Pinkie swear?”

“Pinkie swear.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! :)