Status: just starting out ;) feedback?

What Goes Around Comes Around

Chapter 11: Just What You Did

I'm not sure how long he glared at me. Could've been seconds, could've been minutes. I refused to back down, my stare not wavering. He looked away first.

"Peyton," he spoke, his voice more gruff than it was earlier. "Go see your grandmother. She's making you a snack, sweetheart." She smiled at him then at me, and skipped through the front door. Her long curls bounced behind her.

"Sidney Crosby." He stated, his expression a mix between hate and surprise. He sighed and dragged a hand down his face, looking past me. He nodded towards the door so I went, standing awkwardly in the nice front hallway.

"Follow me." He commanded and I made no objection, not wanting to dig this hole any deeper than it already was. We walked down a well-lit hallway, and I heard laughing coming from the opposite end. The only sound was the sound of out shoes pattering down the corridor. It was nerve wracking.

He opened a door and walked in, I did the same. He sat behind a large wood desk and stared at me from behind it. There were two chairs opposite of the desk but I didn't want to sit if he didn't tell me to. I didn't need to give him another reason to hate me; he already had plenty of reasons.

He sighed again. "I'm not going to sugar coat any of this; I don't know why you're here, I don't know what you want." He gestured towards the seat and I sat, knowing it took a lot for him to be courteous. "But if you hurt my granddaughter or my daughter, you'll never play another hockey game again. You'll never have sex again." He gave me a pointed look and I gulped.

Am I clear?" I nodded, feeling like my tongue weighed a million pounds.

"Dad?" There was a knock at the door, and a teenager, probably about 16 walked in. He had dark hair and the same blue eyes as Aurora. I never knew she had a brother. She never talked about him.

He cast me a curious look but smiled slightly. "Hey, bro." He greeted me and collapsed in the chair next to mine. I nodded in return.

"Tyler." Artie snapped, glaring at his son, "I'm having a conversation with someone here, like you can obviously see." With his hand, he motioned towards the door. Tyler laughed and looked over at me then back at his father.

"Mom paid me 10 bucks to make sure you don't kill him." Artie groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose, causing Tyler to laugh again. "I'm Tyler Lanza, by the way." I shook his hand.

"Sidney. Sidney Crosby." His eyebrows went up to his hairline and his jaw dropped. He stared at me, like I was an alien. I smiled gently.

"Well, fuck." He cursed and his father threw a pen at him but he just continued to stare at me, dumbstruck. This is what I lways wanted; people to be so amazed by me. Now, it made me feel guilty and selfish. His gaze slid to his father. "Alright, any particular reason Sidney Crosby is chillin in your office?"

I looked back over at Artie. He raised an eyebrow, silently telling me to explain. I let out an uneasy cough.

"I'm Peyton's dad." I blurted out then winced. So much for subtlety.

Tyler did something I wouldn't have expected. He laughed. "My sister slept with Sidney Crosby? Pretty sure you're her highest dude so far." He shook his head and looked up at the ceiling.

"Tyler! Don't talk about your sister like that." He scolded, sounding undoubtedly pissed. Tyler rolled his eyes.

Tyler stood up and furrowed his eyebrows. "So," he looked at me. "You have endless amounts of money and you never gave any to Rora?" I looked down, like an ashamed coward. "Not saying she would've accepted it but..." He trailed off. I gave him a confused look. He was so much easier to look at than Artie. Less guilt.

"She doesn't get money from you guys?" I questioned, feeling more and more nauseous by the second. Artie slammed his fist on the desk and stormed out of the office, cursing as he went.

A tense silence filled the air. Tyler sat back down, his expression pained. "No, no she doesn't." He answered simply and I nodded, letting it sink in. I rubbed the back of my neck and squeezed my eyes shut.

Tyler stood again and I stood too. He was quick to change the subject. A little too quick. "Hey, you should probably meet my mom." I followed him out the door, confused again.

"Your mom is here?" Another thing that didn't add up. Aurora's mom was cold and heartless. Not that I should be one to talk.

He turned to me and had a big grin on his face. "Oh no, I'm the love child." He laughed and it was like he wasnt just really upset 5 minutes ago. I found myself laughing with him.

"Really? Good for Artie." I commented and he nodded.

"You know," he began as we got closer to the kitchen. "I've never met Rora's mom. I don't think I want to, though. Hearing stories." I nodded at him and confirmed what he though. She really was a cold-hearted bitch.

"Do you regret leaving my sister? Or whatever happened." He asked quickly, like he was afraid to ask me. We rounded a corner and I thought about it; even though the answer was pretty obvious.

I gave him a sad look. "Of course I do." I told him as we approached the kitchen. I met his eyes that looked so much his sisters and his nieces. "All the time." I whispered as I walked through the doorway.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I found out what I want to do with this! I'd love to hear what you think! Please be a doll and leave your thoughts :)