Status: Almost finished; new chapters soon

51 Days.

Chapter twenty seven

"What's on the agenda today?" I asked attempting to wake him up more. "Be fucking rockstars, party, get drunk, have sex." He opens his eyes wide enough to wink. I let out a small giggle, "Come on, get dressed." I walked out of the small lengthy area and noticed the food was ready. I grabbed a paper plates, got an item of each and took a seat next to the now awake Derrek. He must have woken up when I was in the bathroom.

"So, can we try to watch Motionless' full set today?" I turned to him.
"Yeah, sure. Do you know when they're playing?"
"I was going to go check after we were done. I think I'm going to go on a little walk too."
"Beautiful day, don't blame you." Rian stated peeking through the window.
I picked at the eggs then threw the food away.
I usually don't eat much.
I've always been that way.
"That's all?" Zack asked.
I had a feeling someone would soon.
"Adrienne doesn't eat much." Jake reasoned for me.
"I've noticed that but that was a little too small to even be considered eating." Alex started.
"I'll see you guys later." I waved getting out of the conversation.
I opened the door and started towards the lineup board.
Motionless In White: 2:30, All Time Low: 4:50, Almost Alice: 12:50. Perfect.
I moved through the crowd and towards a sidewalk the ran along the road just outside of the gates.
Today's truly beautiful. The clouds were so defined and the sky was a perfect blue.
I took out my phone and turned on my camera.
It wasn't the greatest camera but it worked. I took a couple pictures.
A little of my younger self came out. I wanted to be a photographer when I 'grew up' so to say.
I thought there was something beautiful in everything and I wanted to be the one to capture it.
How lame was I? I saw a bump in the grass and sat on it. How'd I end up in a band?
I never even thought to be a musician when I was a kid.
Of course I listened to music everyday. It was a big part of me; it is a big part of me.
I guess I just had opportunity. I remember when Derrek approached me with the idea.
I thought it was the stupidest thing ever and I didn't even know how to play guitar.
The idea was kinda of lost but something told me to take lessons, so I did.
About a year later I went to Derrek's house and when I walked in he was having some kind of band practice.
He didn't even notice me there. I watched them, they were so young and energetic.
Their guitar player wasn't good though. He.. didn't know how to play, like at all.
I walked over to him and asked if I could borrow his guitar. He gave me a weird look but agreed.
I started playing and Derrek noticed there was good music coming out of the amp.
He turned around and saw me playing. That's how we got started. Practically an accident.
Not that I don't love it. I do. I just wished I didn't have to give up my actual dream in return.
"Thinking?" I looked up from the ground to see a slimmer, attractive, tall boy standing.
He took a seat next to me making me nervous. "I didn't mean to interrupt."
"It wasn't really important. Just some dream I had as a kid."
"The kid dreams are just as important as older dreams." Who is this kid?
"I guess but it's too late to worry about it now." "It's never too late y'know?"
"Uhm, I'm Adrienne. Who are you?" "I'm Kris." He held out his hand. I gently grabbed it and shoot it.
"Thanks Kris for your input but I gotta go."
"Are you here for Warped Tour?"
"Yeah, I am. Are you?"
"Yeah, needed a smoke but then I saw you."
"What made you come over here?"
"I dunno, to be honest but you just looked like you needed someone to talk to. Are you here alone?"
"No I'm not alone, my friends are inside. Thanks for the concern but I'm fine."
I said beginning to stand up.
"I didn't mean to freak you out. I just I needed someone to talk to too."
"Really?"
"Actually, I really wanted to talk to you."
"Why?"
"You're.. beautiful..." He said nervously.
I quickly checked the time.
"Thanks, honestly but I've gotta go." I felt bad, he complimented me and I was just going to run off.
"I didn't mean to be weird," He laughed, "What band are you going to see? If you don't mind, I'll watch them with you." He asked sweetly.
"Actually, I have sound check. You're really sweet, but I gotta go. Check us out, Almost Alice."
"Wait you're in a band?"
"Yeah. Bye Kris!" I waved.
I hurried over to our stage and still was a few minutes late.
"Where were you?" Jake asked.
"I got hung up."
"By what?" Derek asked.
"You're so nosey. A guy hung me up."
"Alex?"
"No not Alex."
"Then who?"
"Can we finish sound check?"
"Yeah so you'll have to explain when everyone including Alex is here."
"Why would bother Alex? You guys think too much of us."
"Adrienne we all know after tour you two will be together. Maybe even before tour's over." Jake stated.
"You don't know that. I don't even know that."
"Whatever Adrienne." Derrek laughed.
"You know it's true."
"That would be cool and all but I don't think so."
"Aweee Adrienne has a crush!" Blake mocked.
"Shut up Blake or I'm telling your girlfriend you're being mean to me."
"Blake's scared of his girlfriend." Derrek mocked songlike.
"I hate you all." Blake said walking over to our gear.
"Why is he in the band again?" Derrek asked laughing.
"Come on, let's get this over with." I said grabbing my guitar.
Once sound check was over all of ATL had arrived for our set.
Derrek of course waited until we grouped up to find out about the guy.
"So who's the 'guy who hung you up'?"
"What?" Alex asked curious.
"His name was Kris and we just talked."
"Talked about what?" Derrek asked.
"Nosey ass. He just said I was cute."
"Wow, what a conversation." Alex said dramatically.
"He's actually going to be at our set."
"Is he in a band?" Jack asked.
"Maybe." He could be in a side band.
"I see him now, hold on." I said walking past them.
"Hey, you made it." I said greeting him.
"Yeah, I'm still in shock. This is one of the bigger stages too."
"Yeah," I laughed, "Would you like to watch from side stage?"
"Really?"
"Sure," I laughed, "You're the first person apart from the bands and fans that's talked to me in ages."
I let him towards the guys then paused.
"These are the guys from All Time Low, know 'em?" He shook his head.
"What kind of bands are you here to see?"I asked curiously.
"Motionless in White, Of Mice & Men, Paramore, From First To Last."
"Wow, nice." I commented.
"You listen to them to?"
"Every single one of them." I smiled, "Anyways, this is Alex, Jack, Jake, Blake, Rian, Zack, Derrek, and guys this is Kris."
They just kinda looked over at me.
"Anyways, you can stand with Alex while we play." I said as Derrek handed me my guitar.
"See you in a few." I waved going onstage.
We went straight into the song.
By the end of the song I was already sweating.
"Fuck." I mumbled into the mic.
"I think you guys have worn her out the first song."Derrek laughed.
"Whatever lungs-o-steel, You took a breath during half the chorus."
"Whatever, I sing better than you play."
"That was unrelated and mean." I said looking at the crowd with my bottom lip stuck out.
The crowd started chanting, 'hug'. Derrek rolled his eyes and walked over giving me a hug.
"Ewe, you're sweaty too."
"Oh shut up." The rest of the set was routine. Stage diving, jokes, messups, the same thing we always do.
When we finished I was the last off stage as usual.
"Wow, you guys are awesome!" Kris greeted.
"Thanks, where'd Alex go?"
"I dunno, he walked away mid-set."
"Whatta ass." I mumbled to myself. "I'm going to see Motionless, you wanna watch with us?"
♠ ♠ ♠
short I know, I'm sorry. The program is over! That mean the updates are back on schedule. I have a question! Who is going to Warped Tour? I am! What's your date?