My City

how the sky gets heavy

Seattle giggled drunkenly as she and Ben made their way upstairs. They could feel the music thumping throughout the house, shaking both of them down to their core, but both were also far too drunk to really give a shit. As they found a bedroom door Ben flung it open, not even looking to see if it was empty before he pulled Seattle inside and crashed their lips together.

She was wearing this little red dress under her ugly Christmas sweater and he wanted nothing more than to see it in a pile on the carpet. She seemed equally eager to relieve him of his shirt as she quickly pulled it off over his head before their lips melted back together. He practically ripped the oversized, bulky sweater off before throwing it over his shoulder, not caring where it landed as the two of them stumbled towards the bed, their hands groping each other shamelessly. Her hands moved to his belt buckle, quickly undoing it before she ripped his pants down, his boxers nearly coming with them before he pulled them back up.

“Somebody’s excited.” He slurred.

“Shut up Ben.” She breathed, unzipping her dress and letting it pool at her feet. She kicked the material away as she slipped her arms around his neck, pulling him on top of her as they fell onto the mattress. He flashed back to that night so long ago in the treehouse as he looked at her, her dark eyes glassy as they stayed locked on his. He knew that he wanted this, to fuck her until neither of them could move. He wanted her small, soft hands gripping his back, but not in pain this time, he wanted to show her all the new things he had learned since that night. And he was going to make damn sure this time he left her breathless.

He quickly unclipped her bra, letting his lips move to the soft skin and smiling as she whimpered. Only this time he didn’t have to worry about ruining everything as he attacked them, his lips practically glued to her soft skin as she let out breathy gasps, her hands tangled in his hair. He groaned as she tugged his locks, whining. “Ben.” She murmured. “Please.”

That was all he needed as he shot up, bringing their lips back together as he quickly relieved her of her panties, practically leaping out of his boxers as he smiled at her. He then stopped, just looking at her as she laid under him. He couldn’t believe how beautiful she had become as he just stared, his eyes blurry. He then smirked, letting his hand slip between her legs and causing her eyes to flutter shut, her mouth falling open. “I’ve learned some new trick since last time.” He breathed. Her eyes opened again as she grinned. She quickly flipped them over before sinking down, causing them both to moan. But she then smirked, giving him that devilish grin he loved so much.

“So have I.” She breathed. He grinned, reaching up and gripping her hips as he began to move her, watching her face as she bit her lip, her eyes fluttering closed. She started rolling her hips against him, causing both of them to gasp. She was having a hard time staying upright as she swayed above him, so he steadied her, his large hands digging into her hips as they kept moving. He shifted until he was sitting up, face to face with her. He looked into her eyes, making sure she watched as he started bouncing her, causing her to moan.

He simply grinned, speeding up before she grabbed him, crashing their lips together again. She tasted like cheap beer and tequila, but he didn’t care. He sped up, swallowing every single whimper of his name as she moved her hands to lock into his hair again. He smirked into their lip lock as he rocked his hips up into hers, causing her to collapse into his arms. He chuckled, flipping them back over and looking into her eyes again. He could never quite seem to look away from them as she watched him, waiting for him to start moving again, but Ben was too caught up in how stunning she looked as her hair fanned out over the white pillows.

He started thinking back to when she had stayed the night, that one, breathless whisper that sounded like ‘I love you.’ He then started to wonder why Seattle would agree to sleep with him at all, did she love him? He was like her brother, so nothing else really made sense-

His thoughts were cut short by Seattle slamming her hips to meet his, bringing him back to the present as he crashed his lips back to hers, silencing her as she let out a long moan of his name before collapsing against the sheets. He only needed one or two more thrusts before he collapsed on top of her, his head resting perfectly beside hers. She gently pushed him off as he pulled her into his arms, nuzzling his face into her soft hair as they both quickly fell asleep.

As Ben woke up the next morning he let out a long yawn, stretching out his arms. He looked around for a moment before he realized he must have passed out at Ryan’s house. He simply chuckled, knowing he must have been pretty hammered as he started to get up, but an arm tightening around his stomach caused him to freeze. He slowly looked down, and as he saw the small arrow ring he knew who it was. He swallowed nervously as he turned, seeing Seattle fast asleep beside him.

He felt his stomach roll when he felt her naked body cuddle closer to his, knowing what he had done. Seattle was like family to him, she was practically his baby sister. He knew he couldn’t face her, he couldn’t let her know what he’d done. He just hoped she’d be too drunk to remember who she’d fucked as he gently picked up her arm. He slid out of bed, setting a pillow in his place which she quickly snuggled into. He felt tears sting his eyes as she slept peacefully, thinking he was beside her. He couldn’t look at her, not like this. So he turned away, quickly getting dressed and running out of Ryan’s apartment as fast as he could.

“Where are you going Ben?” He froze as he turned in the doorway, his friend just looking at him. Ryan looked to be a lot better off than Seattle and Ben as he held a cup of coffee, already dressed, the decorations from last night sitting in the garbage can. “Where’s Seattle?”

“Ryan I…” He froze when he heard her voice from the top of the stairs, sleepy and confused.

“Ben?” Ben wanted nothing more than to run up there, tell her that he wanted them to be more than friends, but he was terrified. What if she rejected him? What if she demanded he explain himself or lecture him for getting so drunk that he nailed his best friend?

“I have to go.” He said, looking to Ryan for sympathy as the light went off in the younger man’s head.

“You two…?”

“I have to go.” He repeated. “Just make sure she gets home alright, okay?” With that he shot out of the door just as Seattle came down, wearing nothing more than her sweater and panties as she slowly made her way down the stairs. When she saw the sympathetic look on Ryan’s face she knew he had left. Tears stung her eyes as she simply collapsed, feeling like a cheap whore as Ryan ran up the stairs, gripping her tightly. She buried her face in his shirt, crying her broken heart out as Ben sped off.

Ryan sighed, just running his fingers through her hair as she whimpered, her tears beginning to subside. “You know, Ben’s an idiot.” He said simply. She pulled away, looking into Ryan’s warm eyes as he reached out slowly, cradling her face in his hand. “I would never let someone as perfect as you go.” He then leaned forward, pressing his lips softly to hers, but Seattle didn’t respond. He pulled back as she simply shook her head.

“I’m sorry Ryan.” She whispered. He sighed, shaking his head.

“You love him, don’t you?” Her eyes flew open as she looked at him. She opened her mouth to speak, but he simply held up his hand. “It’s obvious. The way you look at him, the reason why you baby him all the time. I should have seen it.” She sighed, setting her hand on his.

“You’re a great guy Ryan, and one day you’re going to make a girl very happy.”

“What if you’re the girl I want to make happy?” He whispered. She sighed, her eyes moving to the ground. “Seattle, maybe you should just tell him-”

“What and ruin our friendship?” She demanded, looking at Ryan. “You saw the way he ran off, he’s never going to want to be with me.” He reached over, taking her hand in his.

“Then maybe you should stop trying.” He whispered. “All it’s going to do is kill you.” She shook her head, her eyes staying on the stairs.

“I’ll make you a deal Ryan.” She whispered. She looked back up, her eyes meeting his again. “If I’m not with Ben by the time I turn thirty, and if you still want me, then we can give it a shot.” He smiled softly at that, reaching over and taking her hand.

“Sounds like a deal.” He whispered. She smiled, leaning over and gripping him tightly, wishing he was Ben.

“But I have a stipulation.” She murmured. Ryan pulled away as she looked at him, her eyes sad. “We tell Ben that I don’t remember who I slept with.”

“But-”

“Ryan, he can’t know that I know. It’ll kill him.”

“What and it won’t kill you too?” He snapped. “You’re just going to baby him again? You’re going to let him just…” He stopped when he saw the pleading look in Seattle’s eyes and let out a long sigh. “Why Ben? Why, of all the guys on the planet, do you love him?” She smiled softly, pressing her lips together.

“Because I’m his city.”

Ben just sat on his bed with his head in his hands. He felt sick, like the worst kind of scum on the planet. He was a complete coward, leaving Seattle all alone and terrified. She must hate him, she was never going to speak to him again. He had ruined their entire friendship because he didn’t have the guts to face her and talk about what had happened between them.

Before he could drive himself crazy he heard his phone ring and grabbed it. When he saw her name pop up he felt his stomach drop into the floor. He shakily answered, preparing himself for screaming and tears. “Hello?”

“Hey Ben!” She greeted, sounding just as cheery as usual. “Where’d you sneak off too? Ryan made pancakes.”

“I uh, I had to leave.”

“Oh, well you missed out. Apparently I got wasted and snuck off with some guy last night. God I wish I could remember who it was, the guy barely left me able to stand.” He froze as he sat there, smiling. She didn’t remember it was him. He hadn’t destroyed her friendship. He grinned, scratching his stomach as he fell back onto his bed.

“Well tell me he was at least good looking.”

As Seattle sat in Ryan’s kitchen she gripped the countertop, struggling not to let Ben hear that she was barely keeping it together as tears rolled down her cheeks.

“I’m sure he was.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry this took so long everyone!
But there's only 4 more chapters!
So hopefully this will be updated much faster

oxoxoxoxox
LS

Image