Status: Hey, I've decided to start from scratch and actually write about a story that really hit hard for me. The host has to be the best book I have ever read in my entire existence on this Earth. You might of guessed that I'm a huge fan. This is a fanfiction about how Wanderer reacts to her new self and b

Die for Her

New Yet Familiar~

I finally perked up the strength to get myself out of the cold, empty cot when I looked around the stiff, quite, dreary room and I wasn't completely surprised to see Doc, Jeb, Ian, Jared and Melanie entering the strange room, eyeing up my current state as they did so. Ian looked as if he'd seen a ghost and when I gazed over his shoulder, I suddenly realised why. There, stood Sunny and Kyle, two more that I knew the names of unexpectedly but there was something different about them. They seemed to be different from the other couples. There was something about... Sunny! Yeah, her, whoever she was, her eyes were like mine! Who was this girl? Why was she with Kyle? Kyle, who a part of me detested in some untraceable way. Why though? None of this made any sense to me but in a weird way, it did. Which I think made me even more nervous to be honest. Nervousness. Another feeling recognisable but in a strange, unidentified way. Who was I? What was happening to me? I looked over to a very confused Ian for help, what could I do but wait until it all had passed? That was the thing you see, I wasn't sure that it would...

He walked over to my cot, which was at my left hand side now, until he was at my side and his fingers gently touching my arm. I jumped as he did this, feeling the shock of electricity flood through my veins and I found that all signs of fear or shock had faded, I soon realised that the reason for this sudden change in feeling was because of me. He wanted to keep himself brave and unafraid so that I'd feel less lost inside of this confusing body of mine. His hand traced from my arm to my own hands, which were folded into one and then he grasped my left hand in his. I held on tight, never wanting to let it free and I felt as he tightened his hold too. He leant down, nearing closer to my face, my lips that so eagerly wanted to kiss his and then he gently pressed his soft, beautiful lips against my forehead. I smiled, looking back to him and then the beautiful moment was disrupted when Jared cleared his throat and the one they call Doc, well, the one we call Doc, stood up from where he had sat down without my noticing. I looked up at this very familiar face that greeted me, yet it was now more new than familiar. This wan an unusual combination. He spoke softly and carefully, knowing that I wasn't completely right at that moment in time and began to explain his theories...

"To be honest, none of us know what is really going on here. We don't exactly have much to go of Wand..." he paused, knowing that saying the name I somewhat knew but didn't understand would only confuse me further, "um, I don't know what I can do but I assure you, we'll get to the bottom of this." I shrugged, knowing that the possibilities of this were very limited and looked over to Ian, who looked just as hopeless as I did but he was hiding it better than me. But still, Doc went on; with all the optimism he had left in him and tried to get his head around this weird situation. "I have two theories, which may or may not be the case" he paused again, taking in our reactions to this and then continued. Our faces now filled with interest and a slight shimmer of hope, this seemed to please him but disgust me. How could we let ourselves get so foolish? Hope? Really? As if that is really possible! God! I sometimes hate these stupid emotions that make me cling to bizarre theories that have no chance ending happily. But I let him carry on anyway. "The first, being that this is just a phase of confusion and shock over past events and that you've just had a tough time getting your head around things." He now looked around nervously and then looked back to me, trying to avoid continuing his speech. Jared and Melanie soon urged him on. "And the other?" Jared asked, a little fear in his voice. Melanie soon followed, "please, Doc..." Doc nodded, accepting that he had to do this now and looked around to all of us one by one. "Okay, so..." he swallowed hard and closed his eyes tight for a brief second, Ian, looking impatient with worry and fear, squeezed my hand tighter than before. This made me tense. "The other theory... is that, you, Wanda" I shivered as he spoke the name, "that you might be experiencing some permanent changes of a sort of..." I nodded to urge him on...
"This is hard to say, I don't know..." He finally looked deep into my eyes and took a deep breath in. "You might have experienced either a permanent or a tempory kind of... Amnesia of some sort." Everyone in the room gasped with shock as he said this and all heads turned to me, a mixture of fear and pity in their eyes. "I know, it's a shock but we aren't completely sure it is that yet" he said, trying to reasure the sorrowful humans stood around me. I noticed that Ian's grasp on my hand only got tighter and tighter. "But, on the other hand, it is looking rather possible and it seems like it's the only explaination for your sudden...change." My mood suddenly turned from confused to alert. "What do you mean, change?" I cringed, repeating the word again, only in a weaker, more vulnerable voice. Why was I even asking? I already knew the answer! "Do you remember mine and Jeb's other theory, Wanda?" he asked me this in his soft, sympathising voice. I now knew that it was bad. I nodded, slightly remembering the blurred conversation about my... her... our chances of living. Shivering at the thought. "Well, it would make sense in a way, if this was a phase of that other... theory" he squinted to fight the tears forming in his eyes and I felt myself welling up too now. This human really cared and so did all the others. I was wrong. So wrong. "What I'm trying to say, Wanda, is that it seems you are going through a phase when every thing is all muddled up. You probably are doubting whether you can trust us again, as you seem to have forgotten most of what has gone on in the last year or so. This, we believe anyway, is a sign that... that..." he stopped, unable to choke out the last few words, what with all the tears that clogged his throat. He finally braced himself and I realised, that everyone around me and Doc were hurting too. They knew it just as much as we did. I was going to die...

"A sign that" he started again, controlling his tears, "you are weaker than we thought, which may have lead to this sudden stroke of amnesia and not trusting us humans again. I guess, this could be a sign that you..." he wiped away the last tear that fell down his cheek and looked into my eyes again, "are slowly dying..." I gasped, even though I expected the outcome of this conversation and looked at the man stood by my side. Ian. His face was filled with many deep emotions that only made mine more sharp and painful. Emotions like; fear, sadness, sympathy, dwelling, hopeless, distraught. These all made me feel so bad for doing this to him. For doing this, to us. But, like I said before all of this happened, when I was running to Melanie, hoping that I'd soon find her and be able to tell her what I'd heard in my head that day, "... I knew that I had to see her. I had to see my sister. Melanieā€¦" From that day on, I swore that I'd do whatever it took to keep her safe, even if that means giving up my own life in the process. I love her. My friend. My saviour. But most of all my sister. I loved her more than anything else and that is what, even thought all of my earlier memories had faded, jaded, that is what stuck. One of the only things I still remembered in this weird phase was my love for her and the others; Ian, Jamie, Jared, Doc and even Jeb. I loved them all in some way or another but my love for her, was the strongest of them all. After all, she was always and will always be my sister and that is why, even under impossible circumstances, I couldn't forget the love I had for her deep in my heart. She was my sister...

Even when the memories are tainted,
And my hope has long faded,
A part of me still longs to be with the ones that I love,
This is what keeps me from giving up...
♠ ♠ ♠
"How could we let ourselves get so foolish? Hope? Really? As if that is really possible! God! I sometimes hate these stupid emotions that make me cling to bizarre theories that have no chance ending happily."