Status: Hey, I've decided to start from scratch and actually write about a story that really hit hard for me. The host has to be the best book I have ever read in my entire existence on this Earth. You might of guessed that I'm a huge fan. This is a fanfiction about how Wanderer reacts to her new self and b

Die for Her

Close your eyes~

My pace gathered, as I neared, no longer afraid like I was before. No longer wishing that I were somewhere else, well, that wasn’t strictly true but what I mean is that this time, I could just about face it. Face telling her or admitting to her what I’d seen, well, heard, in my head, not so long ago. I wished that I didn’t have to tell her, or even admit it to myself but I knew that I had to. I needed to know if I was right. For both of our sakes…

I finally clambered into their room, Melanie’s and Jared’s now, as they’d kicked Jamie out months ago and stood in the doorway for a moment, recovering myself from the run I had just made myself do to get there because I knew that if I’d never ran fast, that I would stop myself and turn back. Like I was going to do before… before I-I fainted. Well, collapsed, broke. Whichever you prefer. I guessed many humans here would’ve preferred it if I had died that day, as I wasn’t exactly too popular here. Being an alien parasite and all. I didn’t know what I’d do or say to Melanie and Jared to get them to understand, but my words and actions carried out themselves without me actually thinking about it. “You felt that, didn’t you?” I accused a very confused Melanie, who was now walking towards me, looking…scared. Yeah. As if she was worried about my well-being. I hated other people sympathising with me. I preferred being along than that…

“What do you mean, Wanda?” Jared questioned from behind her, wrapping his left arm around her shoulder as he stepped closer to us both. I shivered, feeling his touch on me too. This was not right. “I’m not asking you!” I hissed through my teeth, angry with the man who’d made me fall in love with him for no reason. Why did I feel what she felt? Why did I know what she knew? This was all so very confusing to me. He stalked up to me and grabbed my arm in one harsh gesture, "I said" he growled through his clenched jaw, "what do you mean, Wanda?" he repeated, more aggressively now. I shuddered, scared of this situation I was now in. How could I explain this to him? Why did he have to do this? Why did he even have to be here? "Um, I-I cant tell you" I put a lot of emphasis on the word "you", as it was directed at him. He shook his head, discarding my pathetic excuse and instead of barking orders at me to tell him everything I knew, I was surprised to feel his warm arms embracing me. This was new. Well, in this body it was but it was a nice, calming feeling. Not the same as when Ian touched me in this was but still, very unique, in a way I could never understand myself...

"Get off me!" I screamed, knowing that this'd be too much for her. Seeing, feeling, hearing way too much in her head and not knowing how to end it. She didn't know what on Earth was going on back then, but I knew. I had known ever since the beginning. It was the time to tell her. It was time to tell them both the truth. The whole truth, but just as I braced myself, guess who walked in on me and Jared just about pulling apart from a warm, loving embrace? Ian. He stormed over to us and wrapped his arm around me, "don't touch her!" he shouted at him, seeing the attachment between us. But this attachment was hers, not ours. It wasn't me or Jared who felt this bond. No. It was her...

"So," I began again, "as I was asking Melanie before you guys interfered, you felt that, didn't you?" I asked her again, a little more impatient than before, due to the endless distractions around me. She shuddered at the question and looked around nervously. I knew instantly what the answer was. After a few moments, she nodded sheepishly and sighed, "you know I did, Wanda." She hesitated before she continued, "that's why you're here, right?" I nodded nervously, admitting it to myself more than anything and braced myself. "So you love him too, then?" I asked, more an accusation than an actual question but she understood my reasoning for it. She nodded, sighed and looked back to me, "only because of you, sister." I closed my eyes. Silencing out the world for a few seconds. I didn't even open them when, I think it was Ian, tightened his grip around me. I didn't even open my eyes the first time Melanie spoke my name, but I came back around the second time. "Yes, Melanie?" I spoke quieter now, less aggravated, more sociable than before. She shook her head, not with denial at what she was about to say, but just because she was so baffled by it all. Just like I was...
"You love...him too, don't you?" I nodded, knowing that by "him" she obviously meant Jared. Her Jared. Never mine. The only reason I loved him even in the slightest was because of her memories and her love for him. But a little part of me did like him in a friendship kind of way, which made me love him a bit. These feelings were all nothing, compared to how I feel about Ian. Oh, Ian. The love of all my 9 lives. "Again, sister, only because of you" I spoke carefully, slowly, as if I was trying to get my head around it all. Which wasn't necessary because I already knew everything that could or would happen. I guess I did this, so that I wouldn't alarm Melanie by coming out with all that I knew instantly. I didn't want to scare her. Well, not any more than I had to, anyway. After a few more moments of silence, I looked back up to her and analysed her current state. She seemed, shocked, confused by the whole situation, which only made me feel worse. In the end, I decided it best to tell her as much as I could possibly handle telling any of them. As much as I could possible handle telling myself...
"Melanie?" I asked her, after a few moments of pure silence. She looked down at her feet and then looked back up at me, a glimmer of suspicion as she did so. She nodded, "yes, sister?" I shuddered at her calling me this, normally, it'd fill me up with warmth and love but now, now that I knew how close, how connected we really were, all that filled me up was worry. It's so hard to explain it really because it was just so... so... confusing. But I managed to find a way to phrase it in the end. "Melanie, do you still hear me in your head?" I paused, everyone in the room gasped. Everyone except me and her. I already knew the answer. All it took was one word. "Yes, all the time, sister" she sighed and shot me a worried glance. I received the same look of Ian and Jared and so did she. "Well, I guess we're closer than we thought" I murmured, my voice got quieter as I spoke the last word with shivers in my voice because it was now, now that we both knew the truth, that everything would make so much more sense and that wasn't necessarily for the good or the bad...
I didn't realise until it was too late that Ian had turned from very much confused and stunned to aggravated within seconds. I looked up at his now angry, distorted face and tried to console him before he had the chance to do anything rash. "Please, don-" Again, for the thousandth time, he'd interrupted me before I could even finish my sentence, but this time he kissed me to stop me from speaking. Making it so hard to remember to breath. To remember to even think. I was so wrapped up in our embrace that I almost forgot the main reason for my coming here. I pulled away quickly, so that he wouldn't have chance to get me back in his warm, caring, loving arms and looked around the room for Melanie. I kept my gaze on her throughout my speaking, "we are connected somehow, Melanie" I pulled out my arm and showed her and I guess, Ian and Jared too, the thing that I'd been hiding since the change. The only one other thing that proved that she was my sister, besides our close bond. The one thing, I'd tried so hard to achieve all of those months ago, without any of them realising. This, was merely just an example of what I'd done but nonetheless, it still explained what I wanted it to by showing them. The scar, running from my elbow to my wrist, reminded me of when me and her were the same person and how I'd taken the pain she had in that previous year or so and contributed it into my own soul. They didn't understand this at first, but I knew that in time, they would soon understand. Here, there seemed to be no other way out. So, instead of panicking and trying to find the inevitable, I just closed my eyes...

I heard them all gasp when they saw it, as I'd been expecting but they didn't quite understand how it had gotten onto me from her. They didn't understand, why the scar that was left on her body, all of those months ago, was now on mine. Carved into my arm, exactly where it used to be carved into hers. This was only just the beginning, of the secret I had been keeping ever since the change. The one, that me myself, had even believed untrue and that was why, I 'd discarded the thought from my mind until now. I only now, had admitted to myself, the seriousness of it all. All along, since the change, I'd been telling myself that it'd never in a million years happen but now, it had seemed that I'd proved myself wrong. But, it wasn't like I was afraid of the outcome. I knew then and I know now, that making the decision to save her was the best decision I've ever made. The only thing I regret out of all of this, was letting everyone down. I kinda' wished, at the time, that I never said yes to Ian's proposal, because deep inside, I knew the possibilities of me lasting longer than a few more months were very much limited. This was the secret, that was about to be revealed. The secret, I had tried so hard to keep, well, secret...
♠ ♠ ♠
"All along, since the change, I'd been telling myself that it'd never in a million years happen but now, it had seemed that I'd proved myself wrong. But, it wasn't like I was afraid of the outcome. I knew then and I know now, that making the decision to save her was the best decision I've ever made. The only thing I regret out of all of this, was letting everyone down. I kinda' wished, at the time, that I never said yes to Ian's proposal, because deep inside, I knew the possibilities of me lasting longer than a few more months were very much limited. This was the secret, that was about to be revealed. The secret, I had tried so hard to keep, well, secret..."