Status: Work In Progress

Right Here in My Arms

Trust Me, Rowan

Are you literally serious right now? Really? Like, how could this possibly be happening to me right now? Ville and Ensio know each other and they seemed quite close to each other. What are the odds of Ensio and Ville knowing each other and them ebing the first people I meet in Finland? Finland can’t be that small, can it?

Well, you know... I guess maybe Finland isn’t that small but maybe Helsinki is. What other kind of shocking thing could happen to me now?

“Rowan?”

“Wait, you two know each other?” Ensio asked, looking just as confused as Ville and I were.

I felt my hands begin to shake in my pockets and I held my breath while staring at Ville. How could this be possibly happening right now? I mean, Ensio mentioned a friend of his and he gave a lot of details about him, but I never thought it would have been Ville that he was talking about. I’ve had quite a weird day so far... Very strange.

I mentally slapped myself across the face and fake smiled at the both of them. I took my hands out of my pockets and shook them around for a second.

“How do you know Rowan?” Ville asked Ensio as he stared at me.

“She came to the recording studio on one of the days we were recording... I- Hey, wait. I asked you that question first,” Ensio mentioned.

Ville chuckled and shrugged, “I had a lunch with her to discuss the record label.”

“Wait, wait, wait, wait! So this is the Rowan you were talking about!?” Ensio exclaimed.

Ville nodded and looked at him.

So... Ville talked about me? What...?

Ensio quickly looked over at me and his jaw dropped. He stared at me with this just awful look and it freaked me out.

Why was he giving me that look? What did he know that I didn’t?

“What?” I asked him quietly.

“Then that means,” Ensio paused in his sentence and his eyes went wide, “Oh my god.”

Oh shoot.... Oh shoot. I now know why he was looking at me like that. I told Ensio all about Ville and all about how I felt about him and now here we were... All together... Talking to him... Oh shoot, what the hell just happened to my life right now? Now that Ensio figured this all out, would he say anything to Ville about how I felt towards him or would he keep it quiet? I felt like I was going to get sick.

“What does that mean?” Ville questioned raising a brow.

Oh god, here it is... The moment of truth. Someone please tell that this isn't happening... It's a dream right? It's got to be a dream.

Ensio looked over at Ville and stared at him for a little bit, “Huh? What?”

“What does that mean, Ensio?” Ville questioned again.

Ensio shook his head, “Oh... Uhm, nothing. Just thinking out loud.”

Ville laughed and lightly punched his arm, “Well, you’re definitely known for that, aren’t you?”

Ensio chuckled and nodded, “Yeah, yeah. I guess so.”

I pursed my lips and took a deep breath, trying to completely freak out.

Ville looked over at me and smiled, “Well, hey. Why don’t we all have lunch together since we’re all here?”

Ensio looked over at me, “I don’t want to impose on anything.”

“No, I insist you have lunch with us,” Ville mentioned, “Rowan, you wouldn’t mind would you?”

I nodded my head at Ensio and smiled, “Yeah, have lunch with us. It’ll be fun.”

Ensio shrugged and nodded, “Alright, yeah.”

I was kind of happy that he decided to go with us to lunch because maybe I’d get a chance to talk to him by myself about Ville or something.

“Alright, well, let’s go then,” Ville grinned.

Ensio and I followed Ville down the street a little ways before he lead us into a restaurant.

“Hei, vain kolme tänään?”

I looked at the waitress as she looked at me and spoke to me, but of course, in Finnish. I panicked and froze. “Help?” I whined, hoping one of the guys would help me out and get me out of this situation.

Ville chuckled and grabbed my wrist, “Kyllä, vain kolme tänään.” He looked over at me and smiled.

I pursed my lips and felt my face get hot. I was definitely blushing. I felt bad for not knowing the language and I knew that it probably didn’t make any of the Finnish people feel all that good either.

“It’s alright, Rowan,” Ville smiled before walking in front of me.

I followed Ville and Ensio to the table and slid into the booth, sitting by the window. I looked at the menu that was place in front of my and groaned.

Ensio sat next to me and Ville sat across from me. They talked to the waitress for a little while before Ensio looked over at me. “What do you want to drink?” he questioned.

“Order me whatever,” I mumbled.

Ensio ordered me a drink and looked back at me as the waitress walked away.

Ville looked over at me and grinned, “You really need to learn Finnish.” He dusted off a few crumbs that were on the table and set his elbows on the table.

“Meh,” I sighed and shrugged, “I know. I’m working on it.”

“Then say something in Finnish,” he raised a brow.

I stared at him and pursed my lips, shrugging my shoulders again.

“Oh, so you’re working on it, huh?” Ensio questioned, laughing.

“Yeah, you might want to work on that a little more,” Ville chimed in.

I frowned and looked between them, “Alright, alright... I haven’t exactly done anything, but it is on my list of things to do.”

Ville laughed at me.

“I should be teaching you the language instead of showing you around Finland,” Ensio replied, elbowing me in the ribs.

I nodded and shrugged, “Yeah, that might be better.” It actually was a better idea than driving me around town. At least I’d be able to reply in Finnish if someone ask me something.

“We can teach you. Don’t worry,” Ville mentioned, smiling at me.

I smiled and nodded, “Thanks. I’d appreciate that very much.” I rubbed my hands together and sighed, still trying to wrap my head around everything. I couldn’t believe how I completely told Ensio everything about how I felt about Ville. If I knew that they knew each other. I would’ve kept my mouth shut about it all. I was kind of freaking out and my mind began to wander to other things on the subject.

“What do you want to eat, Rowan?” Ensio questioned.

I looked at the menu in his hand and looked through it, “Th-a-a-a-at.”

“Why don’t you try to say it,” he mentioned.

I shook my head, “Huh-uh. I’m not even going to bother to try to say that. Way too complicated.”

Ville chuckled, “Alright, excuse me for a minute.” He stood up and walked away from the table.

“Oh my god,” Ensio exclaimed as soon as Ville was gone.

I looked at him and raised a brow at him, “What?”

“Valo!?” he asked, “Are you serious?”

“What?” I asked.

“No! No, no, no, no,” he sighed and shook his head “Why him?”

I looked around the restaurant and then back to him, “What are you talking about, Ensio?”

“Anyone but Valo, Rowan,” he complained, turning towards me and shaking his head.

“Why? What's wrong with Ville?” I whined.

“Valo is... Not – He’s bad. He’s a bad influence, okay?” he mentioned.

I stared at him.

He sighed and pushed his hair back from his face, “Valo isn’t good for you.”

“How do you know who’s good for me and who’s not? You don’t get a say,” I snapped.

“Please just trust me on this, Rowan. Please,” he begged.

I shook my heads at him and sighed. What was so bad with Valo and why wasn’t he good for me? How was he such a bad influence? Ensio didn’t get a say in whether or not he was good for me. He didn’t know me well enough to make that call. “You aren’t aloud to do that. You don’t get to make that call. You don’t know me” I said to him.

“I may not know you but I sure do know Valo... Better than he knows himself,” he told me, “Just... Stay away from him.”

“Uhm, but the other day you told me-”

“I don’t care what I told you the other day... That was before I found out that you were talking about Ville,” he interrupted, "Trust me, Rowan."

I chewed on my bottom lip and looked down at my hands. I still felt like he didn’t have any say in this of whether who I could see and who I couldn’t and I was angry at him because of that.

“Please promise me that you’ll keep a distance from Valo,” Ensio said before clearing his throat and setting his hand on my shoulder.

I looked up at him and slightly groaned. I looked at his face and saw how serious he was about this. I didn’t think that he was that bad. He seemed sweet and he seemed really nice, so I didn’t get what the big deal was that Ensio was making. I sighed and shook my head, “I can’t promise you th-”

“Promise me,”

I groaned, “Alright, fine. I promise.” I hated making that promise when I knew that I’d potentially break. I hated breaking promise and I knew that this was going to be a difficult promise to keep.