‹ Prequel: Hurricane Jenny

Hurricanes in Pittsburgh?

008:

Chapter Eight
“So, take care of my girl,” I said as I handed Candy to Andy.

“I will, don’t worry,” he said and then smirked and propped Candy against him and scratched her hair, “I’ll get some training in while she’s here as well.”

“All right, I’ll be back tomorrow morning to get her,” I said and then Beau handed the bag to me and I gave it to Andy, “This is everything she’ll need. Food, toys, blanket, treats,” I listed and he nodded his head, “My number’s in there too if you need me. I probably won’t be able to answer right away if you call during the game, but I’ll call you when I can.”

“All right, thanks,” he said and I nodded my head.

“No problem,” I said and looked at Beau, “We’ll see you tomorrow, Candy,” I smiled and kissed her head, “Bye.”

“Bye,” he said and then Beau laced his fingers with me and we walked out of the house.

“I don’t like him,” Beau muttered as we hopped into his car, “Something about him.”

“I told you he was a little off,” I said and then leaned my head against the window, “I’m just happy that I’m not in the net tonight.”

“Why?” he asked worriedly.

“I’ll be thinking about her all night, my head won’t be in the game,” I said and then felt Beau’s hand on my thigh.

“It’ll be all right,” he said and I sighed and nodded my head, “And if it doesn’t work out with him, you at least know that she can come on the road with us.”

“I know,” I said and we drove to the arena. Everyone was already there, waiting on us, “Sorry.”

“Where’s Candy?” Tyler asked.

“Boarded, I’m experimenting, if it doesn’t work then she’ll come on the road with us,” I said and the guys nodded their heads and we walked onto the bus that was going to drive us to Philadelphia.

We walked onto the bus and I claimed a window seat, and Beau sat next to me, “Can I steal the seat next to Jen?” I heard and looked up to see Marc standing there.

I smirked towards him and Beau nodded his head and then patted my knee and stole the seat behind us, “What’s up, Flower?”

“I need your help,” he said and I nodded my head, “Woman to guy that needs help with woman,” he said and I laughed a little.

“What did you do? First thing to do is get flowers, Flower,” I laughed and he smirked and nodded his head.

“I didn’t do anything, our anniversary is coming up and I want to plan something amazing for Vero-“

“You still never introduced her to me!” I snapped and he chuckled and shrugged his shoulders.

“Sorry, I keep forgetting!”

“Why wasn’t she at the game on Monday?” I asked and looked up because Pascal and Chris Kunitz were sitting in front of us decided that they were going to turn around in their seats and listen in on the conversation.

“She wasn’t feeling well,” Marc said and I nodded my head, “But our anniversary is coming up and I don’t know what to do.”

“You were married in June, Flower,” Pascal said, “It’s March.”

“Yeah, another thing- Why wasn’t I invited to the wedding?!”

“You were,” Marc said and I shook my head.

“I never got an invitation!” I said.

“I gave it to Jordan- Wow, I shouldn’t have done that.”

“You’ve been married for what- a year in July?” I asked and he nodded his head, “So Vero had the invitations out in what- March?”

“Yeah,” he said and I sighed.

“So you’re just realizing- a year after the invitations are sent, that you shouldn’t have given the invitation to Jordan?!” I growled and he tried to give me the most innocent smirk that he could.

Pascal and Chris were chuckling; Marc ran his fingers through his hair and then threw his backwards hat back on, “Ok, maybe not the best move.”

“Ya think?” I asked and he chuckled, “But why are you planning your anniversary now?”

“It’s the anniversary of when we started to date,” he said and I smiled brightly.

“That’s so cute!” I yelled and then wrapped my arms around his neck and saw most of the guys look over, “So you have two anniversaries?”

“Well, we met in high school,” he said and I smirked.

“Cute!” I cooed and he laughed, “Ok, so tell me what you’ve got so far!”

-Beau-
I chuckled when I listened to Jen helping Marc plan his anniversary. I was sitting next to Kris; he was listening to his ipod and staring out the window. Most of the guys were playing their video games, some were sleeping, and the others were listening to Jen and Marc’s conversation and putting their views in.

By the time we got to Philadelphia, Jen had fallen asleep on Marc’s shoulder and Marc had brought out his PSP. We were brought to our hotel and Marc woke Jen up.

One by one we left the bus and went into the hotels, grabbing our bags and heading towards our rooms. Jen shared with her trainer, Jess and I was across the hall sharing a room with Tyler.

We all gathered in the conference room in the hotel for a spaghetti lunch, when we got there, we found out that the staff had messed up and didn’t put any table or chairs up so we sat on the floor. No one really cared or complained, well, none of the players did, the staff asked for a table to be set up.

Jen took her food and walked over towards the wall, sliding down to her butt and placing her plate on her lap. Geno followed her, since he was behind her in line, and then decided that he was going to sit next to her. I wanted to steal the other side, but Kris stole it, so I sighed and decided that I was going to sit in front of her.

“So G, tell me about this girl that you met,” Jen said as she finished a bite of garlic bread.

“Her name Abby, she great, we met two weeks ago,” he said and I listened as I picked at my food.

“I want the details,” she laughed and I smirked.

“You’re such a girl, Jenny,” I laughed and she smirked and stuck her tongue out at me.

“Thank you for noticing,” she laughed and then nudged her shoulder into Geno, “So where’d you meet her?”

“She Tanger’s sister,” Geno said and Jen gasped and snapped her head to Kris who was in the middle of a fork full of spaghetti.

“I didn’t know you had a sister!” she growled and Kris held up his hand as he finished his food.

“She’s not really my sister,” he chuckled, “She’s a family friend, I’ve known her all my life, and we’re really close, so she’s like my sister.”

“Oooooooh,” Jen said and I laughed and shook my head, “What’s she doing down here?” she asked and looked back and forth between Kris and Geno.

“School,” they said at the same time.

“Cool!” Jen squealed and I smirked and saw some of the other guys coming over.

“Yeah, she came to her first game two weeks ago and I introduced her to the team-“

“And let me guess, she set her eyes on our Russian and it was love at first sight,” Jen cooed and Kris snorted.

“Hardly,” he said and I chuckled, knowing the story here.

“She no like me at first,” Geno said and Jen’s eyes widened and she slapped his arm, “Ow!”

“What did you do?!”

“Why do you always assume that we’re the ones who do something?” Marc asked as he plopped down next to me and Sidney sat on the other side of me.

“Woman’s intuition,” Jen smirked and we all snorted.

Geno talked to Jen about his girlfriend, or girl that he really likes and I just listened and ate my food. Jen got really quiet when her phone went off and I looked up to see that she was staring at a text looking confused.

“What’s wrong?” I asked and she sighed and then threw me her phone. I looked at it and saw that it was a number that wasn’t saved into her phone, [Just wanted to say, good luck on the game today =)]

“It’s Andy,” Jen said before I could ask.

“Who’s Andy?” Sidney asked as he took a bite of his garlic bread.

“The dog trainer, he’s watching her now, he’s really weird,” Jen said and I sighed angrily and handed the phone back to her.

“I think he likes you,” I said and Jen scoffed, “I’m serious.”

Jen sighed and then scratched the back of her head, “I don’t know, this is gunna get weird then.”

“Don’t go to him anymore,” Kris said and she nodded her head but then shrugged her shoulders.

“I need to train her to be use to other dogs or she won’t be allowed into the daycare,” Jen said and I rubbed my face.

“I don’t think you should be around that guy by yourself,” I said and Jen looked at me, “But that’s just my opinion.”

“All right,” she said and I smirked realizing that I was going to get me way.