Status: While writing my other Sherlock story, I thought this would be fun. Heaven forbid I work on one project at a time. ENJOY AND COMMENT!

Starcrossed

Alt Ending Part 3

You guys truly are amazing! Sorry this update took so long. Final exams, moving, and the first restful yet busy days of summer. There is one Part left! Thought about doing it all over again from his POV but not sure. It would be so close to the original story. Anyway, here you go lovies! Please keep in mind that their wedding was late May/early June-ish. Let me know what you think! =)
-----

June

It was nearly three when he slipped into their bedroom. Rain hit the windows with a thick pleasant tapping as he kicked his shoes off near his closet, keeping the lights off. He had missed her more than expected. Leaving her as his wife was more difficult than leaving her as his girlfriend or fiancé- though he loved her just as much as the later. The seven days he had been away were felt, each day more difficult to be away. Now, as the moon lit up their room and her soft breaths caught his ear, Ben couldn't resist.

Ever so gently, he climbed on the bed beside her on hands and knees. He softly kissed her without a sound. She began to stir after the second kiss, placed more near her neck than her cheek. Makenzie hummed as a corner of her lips twitched upward in appreciation. Just as his next kiss began, she woke enough to pull his lips flush to hers.

"I missed you," he whispered, throwing on leg over her small frame.

The moment his hips were settled above hers she gave a passionate thrust, causing him to moan with longing. Their lips and tongues danced as she awoke and he encouraged. Thunder rolled in the distance as the rain began to fall heavier against the windows. But neither noticed.

"Ben." She whispered his name like a sacred prayer.

He shushed her by tenderly putting a finger to her lips. It wasn't until she began sucking his finger that he almost lost all control. His soul already ached for her but now his body needed hers. As if reading his mind, Makenzie's legs wrapped around her husband's hips. Their days apart faded as they held and kissed one another in that sweet desperate way that had become one of the best parts of their lives.

July

They were on their way home from Martin and Amanda's that midsummer night. The four had just had a romantic and quirky double date at their friend's London hotel room, what Makenzie hoped to become a tradition. It was already getting late and Ben had to fly out in the morning.

But she could tell by that certain gleam in his eyes that they wouldn't be going directly to bed. He was looking at her that special way she had come to know so well. Perhaps she could settle him down enough to make him fall asleep shortly after their arrival home. She hated when he left after only a few hours of sleep. For now, she was content laughing and joking with him. Oh how their stomachs were beginning to hurt from all the laughter. He was especially funny tonight, trying to ease both their minds about his departure in the morning.

"Why don't you ever play in romantic comedies?" she teased from the passenger seat of her car- perhaps one day she would trade it for a proper celebrity car, she just loved it.

"Was never given a script I fancied," Ben sighed, surprised by the serious conversation she had started.

"Can't be too choosy with those, love," she giggled. "They are all cheesy in one way or another."

"I know but…"

He took his eyes off the road to answer but was caught off guard by her face, dimly glowing from the passing street lights. It reminded him of the way his wife's face looked in candle light. When a questioning gaze filled the angelic face, he came to a red light. Perfect.

"God, I want you so bad," he nearly whimpered.

"Benedict," she blushed with a roll of her eyes. "You need to concentrate on getting us home first."

He took her hand then placed a tender kiss over her soft fingers. As his lips touched her skin, those green and blue eyes looked up from beneath his ginger curls.

"I love you," his wife reminded him.

The light turned green all too soon, ending their unexpected moment.

Though they tried, neither could ignore the pulling between them. He made her laugh a few more times as she tried her best not to encourage his flirting. Every bit of body language and voice inflexion was noticed. Both did their very best to fight the fires building in their bodies. And then there was rain.

"Bollocks," she groaned with displeasure. "Was it even supposed to rain tonight?"

"A bit of rain never hurt anything," he chuckled, she was still sexy as hell when put off.

Makenzie was getting worked up but couldn't quite reason why. Perhaps it was the wine or maybe the longing to- No. She was acting like a child, and a bratty one at that. Once her gaze met his, she released a few embarrassed chuckles herself. With a shake of her head, she decided that it wasn't a big deal. It was only rain.

And judging by the way he was looking at her, he didn't seem to mind the heavy shower one bit.

"Listen to me," she sighed.

"I could for the rest of my life," Benedict answered with an honest tone that immediately earned her full attention.

"And you will," she smiled back at him.

Their eyes were locked for as long as possible. The road was demanding more of his attention that he was wanting to give it. Then the man made up his mind. Without warning, he pulled the car to the shoulder, rain thudding on the roof above.

"What are you doing?" she giggled, forcing responsible adult to hide her girlish excitement.

She knew what he wanted as soon as his hand found her neck. Leaning towards him, Kenzie gave him the kiss he had been wanting for the last ten miles. But it obviously wasn't enough for him.

"We need to get home," she reminded him after breaking a string of deep kisses.

"It's raining too hard to drive," he whispered matter-of-factly, only a hint of teasing in his deep tone.

"I've seen you drive in worse," the girl playfully challenged, rubbing her nose against his. She couldn't help sneaking a peak downwards; his trousers were quite tight and the outline of him sped her pulse. "Besides, I don't think it's the rain being hard that you're concerned about."

Her husband released the most wonderful soft growl before attacking her neck. It felt wonderful and left her more than tempted to change her mind. She let him continue until his other hand slid up her thigh. That one movement threatened to tear down the walls her responsible voice of reason had put up since they got into the car. Oh, it was just one of those nights.

"It's illegal to have a shag on the side of the road," the woman gasped as his hand found the warm spot her legs met. "Ben," she said half in pleasure and half afraid of getting caught.

"Anyone out in this will think we've simply pulled over because of the rain. And I don't think anyone else it out this late. We're alone," he reasoned, lips teasing her sensitive neck flesh as he spoke.

Before she could argue, he gently bit her ear- inhaling deeply to make the damp skin freeze and send shivers through her body. A few kisses later, he cupped her face with trembling hands. They stared into eachother's eyes for what seemed minutes. Each only needed to look into the other's eyes to see how deep their love ran. Just as the rain began to let up a bit, it came down even harder. Gusts of wind added to the noise and thrill of it all.

"I want you, Mrs. Cumberbatch," he finally announced. "In the most desperate of ways."

How could she resist? It only took one of her mischievous grins to announce her final decision.

"You. Backseat. Now." Ben's orders were said with his own smirk and lustful eyes.

He quickly moved his long lanky figure to the backseat before pulling her over the seats to join him. Both were thankful for the large size of her car at present. The moment her figure fell on top of his, they shared a quiet round of giggles. Then the mood changed, as if the raging storm had suddenly silenced.

In a half playful half serious manner, Ben ruffled his hair then mimicked the kiss Sherlock gave Molly- the one that his fangirls apparently watched over and over. He was confused when his wife wouldn't allow their lips to touch. It was her turn to cup his sharp facial features in her small hands.

"I don't want the detective," she whispered, eyes boring into his. "I want the brilliant man who created him."

"I didn't know you fancied Steven," Ben teased with a brief shocked expression.

"I want you," she answered more serious than either anticipated. "Just you… for the rest of my life."

Their stare only lasted another few ragged breaths before he roughly claimed her mouth. The moan she instantly released almost undone him before they even begun. Little by little, clothes were removed and limbs tangled in a sweaty beautiful mess. Neither even noticed the windows fogging, adding to their already assured privacy. As the rain continued so did they.

It wasn't like Titanic or any other iconic love scene. But it was real. It was them. This was their own memory, not to be remade or practiced. To put it simply, it was love that couldn't wait for their bedroom. It was mostly uncomfortable but mostly erotic. With the tugging of hair and nibbling of skin, they came whirling to their end as the last of the hard rain passed through.

As their naked bodies lied motionless on the seat, still tangled and wonderful, they caught their breath.

Finally, as the storm reduced to light drops on the roof, Ben placed a wet kiss on his wife's forehead.

"Thank you," he whispered, the low baritone nearly lulling her to sleep that moment.

"No, thank you," she replied. After her body rolled atop hip, she lied with arms crossed over his chest and met his loving stare. "You still challenge me after all this time. I never would have thought I would be the kind of girl who actually made love in a car… during a rain storm." The last bit came out as a tired giggle. "I love the woman you make me."

"You're already that woman, Kenz." While tucking a stray curl behind her ear, he smiled, "I just encourage that side of you to come out. She's tucked away far too often. But she's always been there.

They snuggled a few more minutes before trying to dress eachother in the crammed space. Undressing was much simpler.

Once they were home, they made slow passionate love one last time then fell asleep just a few hours before sunrise. But it was a night they would never forget.

August

"Wake up, love," he whispered in her ear before planting a chaste kiss on her cheek. Her reply was a soft groan. "Things to do today, remember? Need to find Gran a birthday present, run to the market, set up that lunch date with Sophie and her new boyfriend- what's his name?"

While he had been chatting away, she did her very best to join the ranks of the living. The moment he had asked the new boyfriend's name, he noticed that old familiar expression on her pale face. He immediately felt bad for rushing her from what he hoped was a pleasant rest. Had he known, he would have let her sleep as long as she wished, uninterrupted. Ben brushed the curls from her face with a sigh.

"I'm sorry, Kenz," he whispered, his heart beginning to ache. "It's a bad day."

"Do I look so bad?" his wife tried to grin as if nothing was wrong- just another day.

"No," Ben assured with a kiss to her forehead. "Beautiful as ever. Only tired looking." Kenzie nodded once, deep in thought. The sight of her being so weak was difficult for him. "We could stay in today? It's been a while since you've had a bad day. Maybe we could turn it into-"

"No need to change plans," his brave girl cut in. "I can shop online and call Soph while you run to the store… If you think you can manage without me," she teased.

"Thirty-six years on my own and you don't think I can manage a food run?" They shared small blissful noises while having their first proper kiss of the day. "I'll manage."

Their noses and foreheads touched giving them both hope- almost promising that everything was going to be alright. The way they felt in that moment, everything simply had to end well.

"You pop out for a while and I'll get things done around here."

"You don't have to do anything, you know. You could just lay around all day and-"

"No," she sadly smiled. "Staying active has kept me progressing. No need to stop now."

"You're sure?"

"Yes," his girl answered, finally showing a true grin.

Ben paused and stared at her a few silent seconds before speaking in that low gentle voice she adored.

"You're the most extraordinary, beautiful, brave person I know." As if he hadn't told her nearly every day they'd known eachother- excluding those long weeks they didn't talk that first summer.

"I know. That's why you married me," she teased, a dim sparkle in her eye.

When he returned with the food, an hour later, she was curled on the sofa watching telly. They put the food away together then retired back to the sofa for a movie marathon. He cooked when they got hungry as she watched and teased with him from the bar. Lunch was lovely, almost felt like a date, then they took down their personal boxes of photos. The lovers told stories and shared memories neither had heard before, the hours flying by. Once it was time to eat again, Makenzie felt well enough to concoct something scrumptious. After another film, it was getting dark outside- a day perfectly wasted.

"Feel like going outside for a while?" he asked.

"I'd fancy that."

He brought a blanket with them to sit on. They were side by side staring up at the stars when she took his hand. There was something about the way she squeezed it that turned his attention from the millions of sky diamonds to her majestic face.

"Thank you," Kenzie whispered, eyes still up at the night spectacle.

"For?"

"Today. It was fun," she confessed with a stronger chuckle than he had heard all day. "Feeling much better." Finally her face turned so that their eyes could meet. "If fact," the woman moved her body extremely close to her husband. "We could go back inside if you want to." She gave him a quick peck on the lips. "We could…" Another kiss, just beneath his jaw.

The soft noise he released made her insides warm with want. His little groan and sharp inhale spoke for him. When his eyes slammed shut, she knew she had him precisely where she wanted him.

"You've pampered and cared for me all day. Perhaps I could… do something for you," his vixen purred.

"Are you sure?" he breathed, torn between what he wanted to do to her and the fear of the physical consequences she would pay.

Getting as close to his ear as possible, she sensually whispered, "I want my husband tonight."

With that, he sat up, took her into his arms, then carried her inside- both giggling between kisses the whole way.

April

She woke him with a quick grab of his arm. Makenzie sat straight up in bed gasping. It only took Ben seconds to wake and react, having had much practice.

"What do you need?" he asked as calm as possible, ready for anything.

"Hospital." A few deep breaths to gain control. "Now." More pain. "Ring dad and Gran."

Ben leapt from their bed and grabbed his mobile. The bloody thing rang more times than expected but James managed to answer before his voicemail got the call.

"Ben? Is everything alright?" his father-in-law asked, obviously having been woke up.

"I'm taking her to the hospital. Get gran and meet us there. It's serious this time," Ben managed before his wife moaned in pain. "See you soon."

He hung up then raced to his wife's side.

"It's going to be alright. I'll get you there in a few minutes. I promise." He kissed her forehead then grabbed her things, just as he had done several times before. Their hospital trips had been many and no two alike.

It nearly killed him to see her in so much pain. But all the tears and screams were worth it when the doctor called for one last push. Benedict always wondered how he would feel when seeing his child for the first time. What emotions and thoughts would the perfect combination of himself and the woman he loved stir? It was finally time for him to find out.

"Come on, baby. One more," he cheered with a dopey grin.

"That's what got me here in the first PLAAAACCE!" she whined as her final moment of pregnancy passed.

His entire world jolted at that first shrill cry. His heart raced as a dull thud filled his ears. His child was here. Their child was here.

"Baby's time of birth is 2:21pm," a woman chuckled.

Makenzie and Benedict shared a moment of laughter and grins too much for words to describe. Before the moment could be broken, the baby was wrapped then immediately given to the new mommy. Still crying in fear of the outside world, the baby wiggled and squirmed. Benedict sat down beside his wife then leaned in until his torso was completely over the bed.

The proud parents took their first loving looks at their first child.

"It's alright, my darling," Makenzie whispered. "My tiny son."

"James Timothy Cumberbatch," Ben chuckled. "My nose, your mother's mouth…"

James opened his eyes for the first time at the sound of his father's deep calming voice. They both gasped at the sight. Their son's eyes were the perfect mixture of his mother's and father's. It was Benedict's unique pattern but with light blue and green swirls.

Ben was already smiling down at her when she looked up to see his reaction. For that moment, both forgot about the nurses rushing around, about the noisy machines, and everything else. It was just the three of them in all the world. After one of his face-crinkling smiles, Ben deeply kissed his wife. James' little noises only added to the memory.

"We have a family," he quietly stated, the very words indescribable.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for not going anywhere!