Dad, what’s masturba- JOEY NOOO!

What's right, what's wrong

As anxious as she got, Adrienne waited for Billie to arrive so that they could both see what was on Joey’s memory card. During this time waiting for him, she managed to prepare lunch for her kids and Billie started explaining to Mike and Tré what had happened yesterday with Joey. They were both quite amused at what Billie Joe was telling them.

“Are you serious? He really did that,” Mike questioned, half dumbstruck and half amused.

“Yeah, he screamed it all out…I was hoping people in their houses didn’t hear him,” Billie replied back, shaking his head slowly, his mind thinking about what was on the memory card Adie had told him about.

“OMG that would’ve been hilarious!” Tré exclaimed, laughing at the thought of a random family sitting quietly at their dinner table and suddenly hear Joey scream out “ALRIGHT, FINE…MEANING YES IT IS PORN!”

“Easy there Tré,” Mike said, lightly giggling and taking a big swig from his bottle of flavoured water.

“Yeah, well anyway I’ve got to go,” Billie said, getting up from the couch and eyed Mike in a way that meant he wanted to ask him something privately.

“Already…god time flies when I’m around you guys I swear,” Mike stated, also getting up to farewell his friend.

“Adios amigos” Tré said back, imitating a Mexican man.

“Bye, Tré.” Billie said back, smiling at his drummer. He and Mike then walked out to Billie’s car.

“So what is it you want to ask me?” Mike questioned, sitting on the edge of Billie’s car with his arms folded.

“Okay, well seeing as how I’m not a whiz at computers and you are, I want to disable Joey and Jakob’s computers from accessing adult sites…and I don’t know how,” Billie Joe asked, slightly uncomfortable. He then unzipped Mike’s jacket and slipped it off his arms, feeling the cool air instantly cover his arms.

“Oh, yeah man I can help…I guess,” Mike replied, taking hold of his Jacket that Billie held out to him.

“Thanks Mike,” Billie said back, smiling charmingly and seating himself in the driver’s seat of his car. Then he started up his car and opened his window to continue talking to Mike.

“I guess I’ll come over this week and see what I can do,” Mike replied, facing Billie and then checking if he had any mail in his mailbox.

“Yeah, come when my boy’s are at school…I’ll call you alright,” Billie suggested, about to reverse in his car.

“Yeah alright, see you soon then.” Mike replied, waiving his hand and then walking back into his house.

“Bye.” Billie said back, reversing out of Mike’s drive way and driving off home.

It was now 2pm; Billie left earlier then expected as he was now also anxious but scared to find out what Adie ended up doing and what was on that memory card.

Billie’s P.O.V

“Oh man, what am I going to do if Adie’s watched what’s on it?” I asked my self frantically, driving over the maximum road speed.

I turned in the few streets and finally reached my drive way. I pressed the button above my head that would open up the remote controlled gate and garage door. I drove in slowly and parked my car next to Adie’s one. I stood right up to the door wanting to have a second or two to think about how I would explain to her why Joey was watching that filth, but too late for that, she already opened the door and greeted me with her gorgeous smile.

“Hey babe,” I said to her, my heart pumping fast and my mouth drying up as I walked into the foyer and kissed her lightly on the cheek.

“Hey sweetie,” she replied back, the tone of her voice sounding normal and her whole facial expression happy. I was starting to hint that she either watched it and it wasn’t anything bad or she didn’t watch it and was waiting for me.

“Did you…watch what was on the memory card yet?” I asked her, wanting to both know and not know her answer. We walked into the kitchen and I placed my wallet, keys and PDA on the corner table.

“No, I decided to wait for you,” She replied, looking back at me and smiling gently. God how I loved that smile.

“Oh…err, d…do you want to see it now?” I asked again, feeling my self stumble over my words.

“Well obviously hun, get it over and done with I suppose,” She replied to me, walking into the laundry and coming back holding the tiny object between her fingers. She eyed me to follow her into our ‘home office’ room where our computer was placed.

As we both sat side by side next to each other waiting patiently for the computer to turn on and load up, my mind was going crazy with all the thoughts that were running through my head.

“Babe, what’s wrong? You look like you’ve seen a ghost,” Adie said to me, looking at my face deeply and her eyes telling me that she was worried.

“I’m fine Adie…I’m just tired that’s all,” I dishonestly replied, rubbing my eyes to pretend that I really was tired.

The computer had loaded and Adie slipped the memory card into the computer’s card reader. Now I was wishing I had an extremely slow computer so that it would take time to open up, but unfortunately our new computer opened it within a blink of an eye. The screen displayed an open window with three movie files in it.

“Billie, they’re movie files…what do you think is on them,” Adie said to me again, looking at me as I looked back at her, my heart thumping even faster now and my mind speechless.

“Billie,” she said once more, touching my hand that was near her.

“Oh…umm,” I muttered under my breath, looking down at her hand that was gently holding mine. I was trying to search for an answer, but nothing came to me. “Wh…why don’t you just open it and see what’s on it,” I finally replied to her, my voice slightly trembling. I looked back up to her and she was also staring at her hand that was holding mine. It was sort of like a coincidence that we both looked at each other right in the eyes.

She looked back at the computer screen and then back at me.

“This has got to do with what you don’t want to tell me about Joey isn’t it?” Adie questioned back to me, she looked deeply into my eyes. I bowed my head trying to avoid eye contact with her, but she let go of my hand that she was holding and placed it on my cheek, forcing me to look up at her again. “It is…isn’t it?” She repeated again, waiting for my response.

“I don’t know babe…just open it already,” I finally responded to her, looking back and forth at the computer screen and then back at her.

“Alright,” She said back to me, looking back at the computer screen and pointing with the mouse at the first file to open. I lowered my head and closed my eyes as I heard her double click on it to open up.

I heard a familiar theme song play out of the speakers. I opened my eyes and looked up to see that it was a random Simpson’s episode that was playing on the screen in front me and Adie. I took a deep breath and exhaled feeling a gush of relief hit me.

“Oh…the Simpsons,” I said, breaking the silence and looking back at Adie to see her response.

“Billie…explain to me why you were so worried?” She responded to me, looking back in my direction, her hand placed on the computer mouse.

“I..err…what’s on the other files?” I replied to her, wanting to make sure nothing bad was on them either.

She closed the Simpsons and opened the second file. The file that Joey was going to get into a lot of trouble for. Sounds of feminine moans echoed out of the speakers. The screen displayed two men and one girl engaging in sexual intercourse whilst doing other inappropriate things to each other. It got filthier and Adie immediately put an end to it.

“Oh my god,” slipped out from my mouth. I was shocked and disgusted. Yes; I was disgusted.

“Billie…now’s a good time to explain to me what Joey’s been watching, before I scream and get angry and possibly puke,” Adie firmly said, trying to control her anger from lashing out.

“He’s been watching porn on the net…but he didn’t tell me about this yesterday he…he…Adie I don’t know,” I replied to her, stuttering quite a bit.

“If he’s been watching them on the internet, then what’s with the memory card?” she questioned me, giving me complete attention by staring right back at me.

“I don’t know…that’s what he told me…he lied to me!” I exclaimed, knowing that Joey was going to be in a lot of trouble when he came home.

“I understand him looking at dirty pictures for his age...but this…this is just complete filth,” she said, shaking her head negatively thinking all about it. She was right; this was just complete filth; even Tré in his right mind wouldn’t watch this. It was just plain disgusting.

“So it’s fine by you if he did look at dirty pictures?” I asked, arching an eyebrow, referring to what she just said.

“No, Billie it wouldn’t be fine by me…but it’s usually what boys do at his age…I remember my brothers,” She replied to me, turning towards me with her computer chair.

“Alright, so what are we going to do?”I asked her, already hinting what she was going to say.

“Well seeing as you’ve already talked to him…what did you exactly say to him?” she replied to me, looking at the clock to see the time.

“I told him that it wasn’t cool that he was watching this stuff and that I want him to stop,” I answered back, Adie nodding in reply to me. “I think its best we also disable all the computers in the house from accessing this stuff on the net,” I suggested to her.

“Yeah definitely…but now what are you going to do to Joey…since you said he did lie to you,” She asked again.

“Well first things first, I want to know where he got this memory card from because it’s not his, and then I think its best to just ground him,” I replied to her truthfully.

“Yeah and I also think now’s the time to have that talk you’ve been bugging your self about with him,” Adie said back.

“Mmm,” I replied, thinking ‘maybe later’. “We should go pick them up…its ten to three,” I replied, standing up from my chair as did she.

“Ok, listen, you go pick them up, then when you come home drop Jakob off and go for a short ride to tell Joey about the memory card,” Adie ordered. Adie walked out the room and I followed her to the kitchen to grab my keys and phone.

“Alright, I’ll make up some excuse to get Jakob out of the car,” I replied to her, heading for the door.

“Bye hun.” Adie said back, closing the door behind me as I kissed her on the cheek and left.

End of Billie’s P.O.V

Billie drove off to the school to pick his boys up. He stopped his car on the corner of the road. His reason for parking here was because this spot he parked in was quiet and people-free, so there was less chance of being caught as “OMG! the front man of Green Day”. Joey and Jakob both came separately to the car. Jakob came first, which was good because that meant that Billie could explain to him why he would drop him off at home and take Joey on a ride. Joey came to the car five minutes or so after Jakob and this time he sat in the back as Jakob had taken his spot in the front. Joey wasn’t complaining, he actually planned for this to happen so that he wouldn’t have to be forced into having a conversation with his father on the way home.

“Hey Joey,” Billie greeted his son, as he closed the car door. He started driving home.

Joey’s P.O.V

“Hey Dad,” I responded, worried that my mom had found that memory card and had told him.

“How was your day?” my dad questioned me, I got comfortable and buckled my seatbelt.

“Err…good,” I answered back, looking away from the window, letting my eye’s meet with his through the rear view mirror, starting to get nervous. The car fell silent for some odd reason, I was begging for something to happen.

“Hey dad, when can I dye my hair blonde?” Jakob piped up from the front seat, breaking the silence that was torturing my ears.

“Oh…lets see, I’ve warned you about your PSP from using it when it’s bed time, or when you have homework, maybe over a hundred times…yesterday I took it away from you because of that, and now your telling me you want to dye your hair blonde when your in trouble?” our dad replied back, sounding sarcastic but was being very serious and slightly pissed off.

“I’m sorry about my PSP and making you angry about it,” Jakob shamefully replied, knowing our dad was correct so he kept his mouth shut for the rest of the drive. Or at least tried.

“It’s amazing how many time’s I’ve heard that Jakob…really it is…and you know what, the both of you are getting your PSP’s confiscated for the rest of the school year, because me and your mother have had just about enough from them,” my dad said again, the tone of his voice sounding very strict and angry, once again he looked in his rear view mirror to see my reaction.

“WHAT! DAD THAT’S NOT FAIR,” Jakob and I exclaimed in unison, outraged at what he had just told us. We both looked at him in sadness, waiting for his response.

“Joey, you out of all people shouldn’t be talking right now,” He replied, looking into his rear view mirror for about the hundredth time, giving me that look that meant he knew.

“OH SHIT! HE KNOWS! I’M DEAD! OH GOD NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” I screamed to my brain, mentally kicking myself in the head. I shut my eye lids tightly, and ran my hands frantically through my hair, thinking what was going to happen next.

“What are you talking about dad?” Jakob questioned, now curious to find out what my dad meant.

He didn’t reply to Jakob, he drove in to our drive way to let us out, I unbuckled my seatbelt ready to open the door.

“Oh Joey, you can’t go down yet…we have to go somewhere,” my dad said to me, turning around to face me.

“What the fuck does he mean? Where are we going? WHERE,” I said to myself again, feeling a huge hit of anger build up inside me.

“Where are we going?” I questioned him, trying to control my anger as my hand slowly let go of the door handle.

“Get up in the front seat and I’ll tell you,” he replied, turning back to face the front of the car, watching Jakob wait at the front door for my mum to open up. She quickly opened it up and her eye’s met with my dad’s, he nodded and so did she. She watched me move myself from the back seat to the front.

“Was this all planned?” I thought to myself closing the door behind me. I got into the front seat and buckled my seatbelt. I looked at my father wanting to desperately know where we were going. He drove out of the drive way and pressed the button above his head to close the remote controlled gate, and headed down the street slowly.

“Well?” I said, trying to not let my anger come out all at once.

He didn’t respond, he kept driving and took out a random pirated CD from above his head that was located in a CD Wallet and slipped it in the CD player. The player was on shuffle and began playing a Nickel back song.

From underneath the trees, we watch the sky
Confusing stars for satellites
I never dreamed that you'd be mine
But here we are, we're here tonight

Singing Amen, I, I'm alive
Singing Amen, I, I'm alive

If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
Then we'd see the day when nobody died

And I'm singing

Amen I, Amen I, I'm alive
Amen I, Amen I, Amen I, I'm alive

And in the air the fireflies
Our only light in paradise
We'll show the world they were wrong
And teach them all to sing along
Singing Amen, I, I'm alive
Singing Amen, I, I'm alive

If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
Then we'd see the day when nobody died

When nobody died...

And as we lie beneath the stars
We realize how small we are
If they could love like you and me
Imagine what the world could be

If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
Then we'd see the day when nobody died
When nobody died...

We'd see the day, we'd see the day
When nobody died
we’d see the day, we'd see the day
When nobody died
we’d see the day when nobody died


I really liked the meaning of this song and so did my dad; it played long enough to where we stopped the car and turned it off. I was confused as hell. My dad hopped out of the car and I followed him. He walked down to the lake and sat on the edge of a log, waiting for me to come. I sat next to him, my heart pounding like a basketball. It fell silent for at least two minutes.

“Care to tell me where this came from?” my dad finally said, pulling out James’s memory card from his pocket, looking directly at me wanting an answer.

I took it from his hands and stared at it. I was scared, worried and speechless. I took in a deep breath and exhaled loudly.

“Umm…it’s…it’s not for me,” I replied, after a long time, scratching the back of my head nervously with my other hand, not wanting to look at my dad in the eyes.

“I definitely know this is not yours, because I remember I didn’t buy you or Jakob a black coloured memory card that’s 2 GB big,” He replied, looking at me, my head was lowered down trying to avoid all eye contact possible. “I also want you to explain to me what’s on it,” he said once more, this time taking hold of a rock that was on the ground about to throw it into the lake.

I started biting the edges of my finger nails, thinking what to say. I looked at the scenery around me, watching the ducks swim across the lake and the birds fly over the trees. My dad had brought me to the Tilden Regional Park, which was well known around the east bay area.

“Ok, well I didn’t exactly watch it to know what’s on it,” I replied, my answer telling half of the truth. “A boy gave it to me for a week to watch it and give it back after,” I continued saying, running my hands through my hair again.

“Which boy…what’s his name?” my dad questioned concernedly, trying to get me to look at him. I sort of looked in his direction but again avoided eye contact.

“Err…well…I can’t tell you his name…I don’t want him to get in trouble…his parents are…” I replied, trailing off not finishing my sentence and looked away.

“His parents are what?” he asked me, thinking of so many answers to that question.

“…are abusive,” I softly muttered under my breath.

“Oh…err… I just want to know his name…I wont go telling his parents about it,” he replied, thinking of how much he hated parents that beat up their kids. “Maybe this is one reason why this anonymous kid has a liking for really disgusting adult films,” my dad said under his breath, looking back at me waiting for my response.

“Well…his name is James and…were not friends…Ryan sort of knows him,” I said back, wishing I didn’t mention Ryan in all of this, but too late now.

“Ryan…does he watch this stuff to?” my dad questioned, paying attention to every word that came out of my mouth.

“Err…I don’t know,” I lied, knowing 110% that Ryan was the reason I was in this mess to begin with.

“Mmm…so why did you lie to me yesterday?” my father asked, his eyebrows slightly rising as he spoke.

“What do you mean I lied to you?” I questioned, trying to sound stupid.

“You told me that you only watched these…films on the internet. When I asked you if you watched them anywhere else you told me no, so what’s the deal here…you also watch it on your PSP?” my dad replied back, trying to search for the right word to use instead of porn.

I was speechless; I didn’t know how to reply to him without getting him angrier and more questioning.

“I…” I was about to say, but then stopped, to rethink.

“You?” my dad retorted, hearing me speak and stop.

“After what happened yesterday, I wasn’t going to watch it, I was actually going to give it back to James today, but I left it in my other school pants,” I started explaining, this was still not a good reason.

“You know Joey, what you’ve watched is just completely…fucked,” My dad said, shaking his head negatively, finishing off with a swear word. He’s never sworn like that to me before.