Status: Completed. Season 1 started. Check it out.

Dysfunctional Team: Pilot

Plans and Dreams PT 1

Swindle follow Onslaught to the command room, where Dead End was waiting for them. He was at the computer, typing some things in the computer. "I'm patching us to the Nemesis now, Onslaught," he said to Onslaught. Swindle was a bit worry right now. What will he said to Megatron? How do you explain that you sorta, kinda, maybe, responsible for the death of Thundercracker and the serious injury of Skywarp? It was his decision to go to Telos. Sure, Killshot and Skywarp goad him into going, but it was still his decision.

At least he couldn't blame him for Shockwave.

The screen on the wall came on the show Megatron. He looked… the same as he always does. Scary and intimidating. "Onslaught," he spoke "how was the mission by Thundercracker and Skywarp."

Onslaught looked at Megatron with the bravest face he could offer and said "I regret to inform that the mission ended up being a failure, lord." Megatron didn't look so happy at that. His scowled deepen.

"What happen?" he asked.

"Yes, please explain to me what happen to my trinemates," Starscream said, coming into view on the screen. He didn't look happy at the moment. He was about to get more angry.

"I regret to former you, Commander Starscream, that Thundercracker is dead and Skywarp is currently in surgery," Onslaught said, in the most sincere tone possible. Didn't change the outcome of what happen next.

"What! What do you mean! How did this happen!?" Starscream screamed at Onslaught wanting a answer.

"I'm afraid I can't answer that question, but someone can," Onslaught said.

"Who?" Megatron asked, still speaking in a calm voice, despite the news.

"Swindle, lord," he said, indicating to Swindle to step forward. He obliged, stepping up a bit so Megatron could clearly see him. This wasn't the first time he had to talk with Megatron. Of course, most of those had to do with deals, what weapons Megatron want, how much, etc…, but he never had to give a debrief of a mission before. Especially one that went as badly as this before.

"Hey, lord Megatron," Swindle began casually.

"Swindle. Explain to use exactly what happen, now," Megatron order.

"Uh, yeah. You see, I was on Cybertron looking for stuff people left behind. Weapons, supplies, schematics, stuff like that. During that, I got a call from Shockwave. He wanted something and I just so happen to have it and decided to meet him there."

"How long ago was this?" Megatron asked.

"Last solar cycle, lord."

"Continue."

"Yeah, well, next solar cycle, today, we reached Shockwave only to find it abandon. No one was there."

"That would be mine doing," Starscream said, in a calmer voice than before, but still notably pissed. "Since Shockwave was dead, I decided to get all the personal to serve on our ship. He wasn't going to use them anymore."

"Actually, he isn't."

"What?" Megatron asked, looking at Starscream with the best evil eye he could manage.

"It wasn't like he was perfectly fine. We found him in some rubble and got him out. He had some burn marks on him and his optic was broken, but he was still alive."

"So, Shockwave still lives?" Megatron asked.

"Yes, lord," Onslaught said. "He should be in surgery along with Skywarp. He isn't in worst condition than him, but he's still in bad shape."

"Alright, so I guess you weren't completely lying Starscream, but you still should've check to make sure he was alive. He could've died if Swindle hadn't find him." Megatron said. Swindle was surprise he hadn't done anything to bad yet. He expected him to be blowing up at Starscream at the moment. "So, when did you meet Starscream's trinemates?"

"As we were carrying him out," Swindle said until Megatron interrupted again.

"We?"

"Oh, yeah. My bodyguard, Killshot, was with me during the trip."

"Killshot. If I'm correct, he has one of the highest confirmed kill count amongst the snipers, second only to your fellow Combaticon, Blast Off."

"Yeah, that's him. He's still mad that someone's beating him. Anyway, we were carrying Shockwave out, when we met Thundercracker and Skywarp. Long story short, we got Shockwave to the med bay and was about to leave when Thundercracker noticed something. There was apparently another ship around the city of Telos, so, as captain of the ship, I decided that we should go there."

"And what happen?" Megatron asked.

"I honestly don't know. I was on the ship when everything was going down. Skywarp said that Thundercracker wasn't answering his comm., so I went there along with Skywarp and Killshot taking a different way. When I got there, I saw on the screen that Thundercracker was lying down on the ground, looking injure. Skywarp and Killshot got there and went to check him. Unfortunately, someone wire a bomb on Thundercracker to explode. The blast killed Thundercracker and injure Skywarp and Killshot."

"So, Thunderrcracker didn't even get the chance to die a honable death! Someone just strapped a bomb to him and blow him up!" Starscream said, in a slightly angrier voiced than earlier.

"Yeah. It wasn't over yet through. Soon after the explosion, a sniper started taking shots at Killshot. He got to cover and help me point out his position to me, after which, I use my blaster to blow up the building he was in. The building collapse, but I doubt in died that easily."

"Why?" Megatron asked.

"I think I saw a jet fly out of the building before it exploded. It fly out of there into the city before I could shoot the slagger, again. Anyway, after that we collected Thundercracker's remains and took Skywarp to the med bay and then flew out of there. That's the end of the story."

"Do you have any idea who did this? What he looked like or anything?" Megatron asked.

"No. The only thing I got was that he might've been a jet as a alt-mode. Skywarp could give you a better idea what he looks like. He found footage of him and downloaded it, but we can't use it yet, considering he's in surgery."

Megatron took all this information in. He knew he needed to take of this problem quickly. He was in a war with the Autobots and had no time to take care of this himself. He knew where Optimus Prime was and had to kill him. Someone else had to kill this miscreant. After a little bit of thinking, he decided on a course of action. "Swindle," he said. "I want you to find this person and kill him."

"Wait, what? Why me?" Swindle asked. Yeah, he made hate the guy who did these, but he didn't want to waste time going after him. There was money to be made and time spent not making money was not good for him.

"Because, you've encountered him and remain unharmed. You have a great deal of weapons and you have a vast information network. You'll have a much better time finding and killing him than most of the Decepticons," he said, giving off his reasons which kinda soothe Swindle's ego a little bit that Megatron actually held him with such regard. He was useful. "But, you won't be going alone. Onslaught!"

"Yes, lord?" Onslaught asked.

"Who's your best soldier?" Megatron asked.

"Dead End, lord" he said, indicating his second-in-command.

"Can you survive without him?"

"Yes. I believe we can. Why?" Onslaught asked, not liking where this was heading.

"He will be accompanying Swindle on this mission," Megatron said. The gloomy SIC looked up from the console at this. He was going on a mission with Swindle? Just great.

"Megatron," Starscream interrupted, "I asked that you let me go on this mission with them. This wretched thing killed m trinemate and I want him dead more than anybody else right now."

"Your request is noted Starscream, but I need you to help me finish off Optimus Prime. The death of the leader of the Autobots is more important at the moment than personal vengeance and if I figure out that you leave this ship to carry out your vengeance, than I will personally find you myself and kill you. Is that understood?" Megatron ordered.

Starscream looked at him before answering in a control voice, "Yes, lord Megatron."

"Good. You have your orders Swindle. I recommend carrying those out as soon as possible. The sooner this ends the better. I can't afford to waste my troops on anything except the war," he said, ending the connection. Dead End walked up to Swindle, who had a blank expression on his face. He obviously did not like the fact he was wasting his time going after the murderer, but orders were orders.

Onslaught decided to open a conversation with Swindle. "You're not going with just Dead End."

"Uh," he said, not quite understanding him.

"I'm giving you a couple of medics to go with you on this trip." Onslaught said.

"Why?"

"Because, I don't want you to die on this mission. You're going after a dangerous individual and I don't want you to end up dying. I can afford to spare two of my medics to help you." Onslaught said. Swindle was shocked. He really didn't expect that.

"Why?" Swindle asked.

"Because, I care about you. I care about all my men, especially you and the other Combaticons," Onslaught said, showing a sincere tone in his voice.

"Thanks, man," Swindle said, a little relieved that someone still cared for him. With the Decepticons, you don't exactly have many friends. They were just allies.

"Your, welcome." Onslaught said. "Dead End, I need you to informed Hook and Scavenger about the recent turn of events after the operation is done. They're going with you two."

"Yes sir," Dead End said, heading to the door and towards the med lab, leaving Swindle and Onslaught by themselves. Swindle looked at the door before heading to one of the chairs in the room. Onslaught followed him and sat in a chair next to him. The two just sat there silently, Swindle thinking about how he could finish this quickly and get back to dealing while Onslaught was wondering how Swindle been for the past while.

"So, Swindle," he began, "how've you been for the past couple of vorns."

"Fine, just fine. You look like you're doing fine, yourself, being the leading officer at a base."

"Yeah, I'd guess so." He they sat there in silence again. "So," and Onslaught broke it again, "need some supplies."

"Well, I'm going to need some more energon." Swindle said.

"Alright, I'll go inform the Vehicons and check on the others." Onslaught got up and left the room, leaving Swindle in silence.

Swindle was really hating today.