Sequel: Damaged Goods
Status: Sequel is up

We Are the Lovers, We Are the Last of Our Kind

Until I Die I Will Sing Our Names In Unison

***Vic’s P.O.V***

I practically ran back to Mitch's office so I could get to the phone. I had missed my mom's voice more than I wanted to admit. Even though she'd been extremely harsh towards me in the past, I really missed her. Once Mitch opened the door to the office he didn't come in he just told me to pick up the phone and talk to her, since she was on hold. He closed the door and left in order to give us some alone time.

"Hello," I said shakily into the phone.

"Hola mijo," she said.

I was looking for any kind of emotion in her voice, something to let me know she actually cared, but I got nothing.

"I was just checking up on you to see how the surgery went."

"It was good. I'm ok," I paused and bit my lip, "Mom I miss you," I whispered into the phone.

She didn't say anything, she just hummed in acknowledgement.

"Why haven't you wanted to talk to me, I haven't heard from you, dad or Mike since you dumped me here," I said with slight anger in my voice.

"I remember when you first got in there they were telling me you weren't talking to anyone. Are you talking now?" She asked, avoiding my question.

"No, I'm not. Answer my question."

"I don't think it's best for you to be around the family. You're not normal. You're mentally unstable and I don't want you to rub off on anyone else."

Those words hurt. I knew I had a few issues but I didn't see myself as someone who could harm anyone else.

"Mom I would never t-"

"Vic, since you have left the house has been more pleasant. No one has to keep checking on you to see if you've been hurting yourself. No more hearing you cry every night and seeing you come home drunk at untimely hours in the morning. Things are just better. And I don't need you having communication with anyone in the house and messing that up. You can have a big influence on Michael, you could turn him into what you've become and I'm not having it."

Each of her words were burning into my brain. I would never try to intentionally harm my brother or anyone else in my family. I didn't realize that I'd caused so much chaos. I know I was depressed and had
a drinking problem, but I didn't realize how much it affected everyone else.

"I'm sorry," I said, letting tears roll down my cheeks.

"I know. I have to go now."

"Will you please call me again when you can? I miss your voice."

"Yea," she said, but I didn't believe her.

"Promise?"

"I promise. Bye," she said hanging up.

I hung up the phone as well. I took a few deep breaths and tried to regain my composure. I wonder if after Kellin and I get out she'd let us come home at least until I get enough money to support Kellin and I. I wasn't sure if he was going to work or not. I'd prefer it if he didn't and he just let me do the work while he went to finish high school, because I remembered he told me he wanted to at least finish it, but it was solely up to him.

I continued to wipe at my tears while leaving the room. I didn't want him to know I had been crying. We've had enough drama recently, we didn't need any more.

I reached my room and Kellin was awake. He was stretched out on the bed and his hair was a mess. He looked absolutely adorable.

"Good m-morning, Vicky," he said with a giggle.

"Good morning, love," I said leaning down to brush the hair from his face.

"I woke up and you w-were gone," he said, fake pouting.

I leaned down and lightly kissed his bottom lip, which was sticking out.

"Yea. My mom called."

He tensed once I said that, knowing that it was a big deal for me.

"What d-did she want?"

I shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal.

"She asked about the surgery and that's it."

I felt bad for lying but I didn't want him to worry. He nodded in response and reached up to cup my face.

"You're c-cute," he said randomly.

"Thank you. So are you babe,” I said laying down and pulling him close.

“Thanks,” he said smiling, “ I also wanted to thank you for last night. It was nice. You didn’t have to do it
if you didn’t want to though.” he said, blushing bright red.

“But what if I wanted to?” I said smiling and kissing his cheek, “I like making you feel good.”

He blushed even more and buried his face into my chest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner that night Alan, Austin, Kellin and I all went back to Jack and Alex’s room.

“So guys, Tony said that he’s taking some people and sneaking out tomorrow night. Are you in?” Alex said

I looked over at Kellin, who was looking over at me for approval. We could probably use some time
outside of the asylum so I nodded to let him know that it was ok.

“Ok, we’re in.”

“Same,” Alan said, smiling at Alex.

Later that night, Kellin and I decided to cuddle and listen to music. We sat contently in the silence while La Dispute blasted through my headphones.

“I love t-this band so much,” Kellin said softly.

“Me too,” I mumbled with my eyes still closed.

I was gently rubbing circles on Kellin’s back as he laid pressed up against me.

I could lay there forever with Kellin and listen to our favorite band. This was one of the moments that I never want to end.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: La Dispute- You And I In Unison

I am barely getting any comments anymore so I feel like no one is reading this. So I'm getting discouraged while writing this. Idk.

thanks for commenting: IAmNotHuman and xxcarolineunoxx <--- you guys are perf :*

My tumblr: http://jordandreyer.co.vu/