Sequel: Damaged Goods
Status: Sequel is up

We Are the Lovers, We Are the Last of Our Kind

Your Depression Shows When You Talk About Home

***Vic's P.O.V.***
I walked to the visiting room timidly, holding on tight to my lovers hand. I hadn't seen anyone familiar in so long and it was scary thinking about seeing them again. What if this mystery person triggered me and I went back to my old ways? Especially if the person in the room was Dylan.

I came to an abrupt stop, which startled Kellin.

"What if Dylan's in there?" I said, my hands starting to shake.

"Babe I doubt i-it's him." Kellin said, reaching up and cupping my cheek.

"What if it is?! I can't do this." I said trying to turn around but was stopped by Kellin.

"Vic, you can not r-run away from this. It's probably not him, but if it is, you can always refuse to visit with him."

"I don't even want to see his face though. If I see him again, there's no telling what I'll do. I could fall back into my drinking and self harm habits."

"You're gonna be fine. I won't let you get that way again. I'm h-here, everything's gonna be ok."

I took a deep breath and pulled Kellin into my arms, kissing his hair and breathing in his scent, he smelled like vanilla.

"You're not gonna leave me right?"

"Of course not. I'm gonna be here with you every step of the w-way."

I smiled a little and took another deep breath.

"I love you so much." I whispered into his hair.

"I love you too," he sighed. "I don't want you to be scared or anything, because I'm here and I will p-protect you just like you protect me."

I nodded and kissed him on the lips quickly.

"Let's go." he said pulling me down the hall.

He stopped and looked at me. I gave him a slight smile and reached for the door handle. I opened the door slowly. When the door is fully open. I see a familiar face with long dark hair, about shoulder length. He was looking down, typing something on his phone.

"Mike." I whispered in disbelief.

His head snapped up.

"Vic," he said standing up, "I missed you so much." He said practically running up to me and enveloping me in a bone crushing hug.

I couldn't say anything. I just hugged him back, it was so surreal.

"I know you're probably pissed off at me because I haven't visited, but let me explain myself please."

He was right. I was slightly pissed off.

"It's fine." I said pulling back from the hug and fiddling with my hands.

"Let's sit and talk." Mike said morning towards the couch.

I nodded, but I suddenly remembered that Kellin was in the room. I turned around to see him awkwardly standing by the door.

"Oh I forgot!" I said walking over to Kellin. "Mike, this is my boyfriend, Kellin and Kellin, this is my brother, Mike."

Kellin waved timidly, I saw a Iittle bit of fear in his eyes.
When I said boyfriend I saw Mike's eyes go wide.

"I'm Mike." He said, holding out his hand towards Kellin.

"I'm K-Kellin." he said, shaking his hand.

I pulled Kellin into me and wrapped an arm around him, he was shaking the slightest bit. I always seemed to forget how nervous he got when he was meeting new people.

"I didn't know you had a boyfriend." Mike said, his protective brother instincts taking over.

"Uh, yea."

I could sense that Kellin was the slightest bit uncomfortable. And I hope he knew that it was ok for him to leave since I was clearly not in any danger.

"I s-should leave you two alone to catch up." he said biting his lip and looking up at me.

I nodded and gave him a quick peck on the lips. With that he exited the room, but not before turning around and giving me a reassuring smile.

Mike and I went to the couch and sat.

"So what made you decide to visit?"

"I've been wanting to visit. I couldn't because mom was keeping me away from you. I left two weeks ago and moved out, I'm living with Matt, I got a plane ticket to come down here and here I am."

I should have known it was my mom.

"Oh. Well how's everything going?"

"Good. I'm working at a record shop to get enough money to pay the rent and maybe save up a little."

"Cool."

"So, let's get to the topic of your boyfriend."

I nodded hesitantly.

"What's the deal? Is it serious?"

"Yea. I love him," I said quietly.

I guess that took him by surprise because his eyes went wide again.

"Wow. Vic I don't want you to jump into a relationship just like you did with Dylan."

"He's not Dylan," I said quickly.

"But you still have to be rational. There are bad people in the world and I don't want you getting hurt." He said.

"He'd never hurt me, he loves me," I said looking down at my hands, fiddling with them.

"I just think you need to stay away from dating for a while."

"Mike I haven't had feelings for someone in years, I'm happy with him."

He sighed and ran his fingers through his long, dark hair.

"Ok. Well you're my brother and I support you decision."
I smiled slightly.

"He's handsome. He looks like he's your type." Mike said with a smirk.

"He is isn't he?" I said biting my lip to stop a grin from forming on my face.

~~~~~~

Mike and I talked for about 2 hours and then it was time for him to go. He promised to visit soon.
Mitch came to tell me that it was time to leave and take me back to my room.

"Are you happy you got to see him?" He asked with a smile.

I smiled and nodded.

"You'll be able to see him whenever you want soon. With the progress you're making, you'll be out of here in no time."

I smiled even wider. Until I remembered Kellin, how long did he have? Because we need to get out of here at the same time.

Mitch saw my smile falter and he sighed.

"You're thinking about Kellin, aren't you?"
I nodded.

"He's getting better, but he's not at the point that you are right now. I think he has a while to go, he'll be in here longer than you."

I didn't even want to listen to that. We were going to get out together, I wasn't leaving without him.

I got back to my room and I see Kellin laying on our bed, talking to Alan and Austin, who were on the other one.
As soon as I came in Kellin came up and attacked me with a hug.

"Did you enjoy talking to y-your brother?" He said looking up at me with those huge, blue eyes.
I nodded, brushed his hair back from his eyes and leaned down to kiss him.

We made our way to the bed and Kellin continued to laugh with Alan and Austin. I tried to focus in the conversation, but I just ended up admiring Kellin, the way he spoke, the way he laughed even the way he fucking breathed was perfect.

I wasn't gonna leave him here alone. We were going to get out of here at the same time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Balance and Composure- I Can't Do This Alone

Sorry if there are spelling mistakes, I did this all off of my phone.

**** I need some input from you guys. Would you rather I add Lou back into the story or introduce a new character? Tell me which one you'd like better. c:

Thanks for commenting: BereniceAlvz, IAmNotHuman, frankieraepain, FallenCreature, xxcarolineunoxx, Caliso, Darlin_Ill_Be_Okay.

^^^^^ thanks for all of the loving comments. You guys are perf. <3

My tumblr: http://jordandreyer.co.vu/