Sequel: Damaged Goods
Status: Sequel is up

We Are the Lovers, We Are the Last of Our Kind

Lost You In A Sea Of Smoke

***Vic's P.O.V***

"Kellin open the door." I said frantically.

I was scared. He looked so pale and lifeless, like he could die at any second. He was turned around facing the toilet and his body was shaking. His hands were grabbing at his hair as if he was trying to pull it out. He was moving his head back and forth slowly. I was scared of what he might do to himself.

"Kellin open the door now!"

He began to sob loudly.

"I c-can't do this a-anymore!" He screamed hysterically.

"Baby calm down." I said, trying to calm him and myself down.

"There's s-scars everywhere! T-They're all over my body!" He said, balling his hand into a fist. "I'm so stupid." He spat, using his fist to hit himself in the head repeatedly.

I kept quiet. I didn't know what to say. He started cutting again. I could only imagine how many scars he's put all over his perfect body.

What triggered him? I couldn't stand looking at him like this. I've been in the asylum for a while and I was used to seeing people go crazy and lose control, but I'd never seen it from Kellin.

I was a shitty boyfriend for leaving him here like this. Leaving him to get better on his own.

There was a long silence that seemed like it lasted forever.

"You d-don't deserve this. I've put you through too much." He whispered from the other side of the door.

"Kellin please open the door." I pleaded, letting a few tears escape my eyes.

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Once you s-see what I've done to myself you're gonna leave m-me." He said, his voice cracking. "And I don't think I can take that." He said softly.

"I'm not leaving you. Just please open the door. You're scaring the shit out of me."

He sighed deeply and tried to regulate his breathing.

"Promise?" He squeaked quietly.

"I promise."

He slowly unlocked the door. As soon as He was out he rushed into my arms. I embraced him and held him as tight as I could.

"I'm s-so sorry." He cried into my shirt.

"Shhh. It's ok." I whispered to him.

~~~~~~~

It'd been an hour since I caught Kellin purging and he was still a little shaken up. I laid with him I'm his bed and showered him in kisses.

"You don't d-deserve this." He said quietly, his red, bloodshot eyes staring into my brown ones.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm really f-fucked up Vic. And you're not. You're moving on with your life. I don't want to hold you b-back." He said looking into my eyes.

"The only reason I am where I am now is because of you. You helped me get better. And if you think I'm just going to leave you and go on with my life then you're sadly mistaken. I'm not going anywhere. You're stuck with me." I said, trying to hold back tears.

He sighed and interlaced his fingers with mine.

"Can I see them?" I asked suddenly

"W-What?" He said, looking flabbergasted.

"The scars. I wanna see them."

His face turned red and he nodded his head hesitantly. He sat up and pulled his shirt off over his head. There were various scars up and down his arms, some deep, some that will easily heal and fade. I tried not to show the hurt expression on my face.

"There's m-more."

He pulled off his pants slowly and revealed what could have easily been 100 scars on his thighs. What really scared me was that he carved my name into his skin.

"Kells." I said, covering my mouth, letting tears fall.

I quickly saw a flash of regret and anger in his eyes.

"I shouldn't have let you see anyways." He snapped a bit, trying to pull his clothes back on quickly

"No babe I-"

"I don't need you j-judging me right now."

"Kells I'm not. It just took me by surprise baby. You know I'd never judge you." I rushed, shocked that he'd think such a thing.

He sighed and nodded.

"You carved my name into your thigh." I stated quietly.

"Y-Yea. Sorry if it's c-creepy."

"No. But why'd you do it?"

"I m-missed you. Like a lot. I wanted to feel closer to you, a-and I guess in order to do that, that's what I did."

I reached over and traced it with my fingers softly, making sure not to hurt him. I carefully leaned down and kissed it gently.

"You're not getting better here, are you?" I said while lacing our fingers together.

"No. Not without y-you here."

Maybe he needed to be with me to get better. This place wasn't helping.

~~~~~~~

It was hard leaving Kellin at the asylum that night but he promised me that if he was feeling bad that'd he'd ask Mitch to call me.

I decided to invite my friend Mae over to watch a movie and eat junk food with me. After the rough night with Kellin I needed someone to talk to.

I met Mae at a beach party I went to before I left the asylum. We met when Kellin and I were on bad terms and she gave me her number. She's helped me a lot since I've gotten out.

I stacked a bunch of movies to choose from on the dresser next to my bed. I took cookies, popcorn, chips and candy to my room so she could have whatever she'd wanted. I also took some sodas and beers to the room.

I hadn't told Kellin that I'd been hanging out with her. I didn't think he'd really care since it was totally innocent. I mean I did find her pretty and stuff, but she was nowhere near as gorgeous as my Kellin. Besides, he had my heart.

I heard the doorbell ring and I went to open the door.

"Hey." Mae said throwing her arms around me and giving me a tight hug.

"Hey." I responded with a chuckle.

"How're you? You sounded stressed on the phone." She said while following me to my room.

"I'm ok. It's just, I went to visit Kellin today and long story short he relapsed." I said, looking down, remembering what happened earlier.

"I'm sorry to hear that." She said sympathetically.

"Yea."

"Well I don't want you to keep thinking about it, so let's watch the movie." She said, running her fingers through her light purple hair before walking over to the dresser to pick a movie.

"I think it's cute how you have all of the Harry Potter movies." She giggled.

"It's my brother, Mike. He's obsessed." I said rolling my eyes a bit.

She decided on one if the Harry Potter movies and got into bed. I brought all of the food to the bed and laid it out, setting a beer in her hand and getting under the covers.

"You got me a movie, food, and beer. You might just be my new favorite person." She said, smiling at me.

"Thank you for helping me get my mind off of things." I smiled.

"No problem."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: B&C- Dirty Head

So yea. Feels.

Thanks for commenting: IAmNotHuman, kittens_and_scars and xxcarolineunoxx. <---- i love you guys. <3