Sequel: Damaged Goods
Status: Sequel is up

We Are the Lovers, We Are the Last of Our Kind

Don't Ever Look Back

***Kellin's P.O.V***

It was the night I was breaking out. The plan was in place and Vic, Mike and a friend of his was parked down the road. Vic said at 12:45 that he'd be outside of the asylum to help me back to the car.

I got my bag from a room in back of the asylum. I was able to hide it under my bed but I almost got caught. It took forever but I got a hold of one of the janitors keys and I was able to sneak into the control rooms and fuck with some of the cameras so they wouldn't be able to see me while walking through the halls. Now the only thing in my way was just walking out without any of the guards seeing me. They sucked at watching us and we were always able to get out but I was still nervous.

I only told Alan and Austin that I was leaving. They thought I was joking around at first. When Alan realized that I was serious he started crying. I'd never seen Alan cry because he's such a happy person and it crushed me. I was gonna miss him with all my heart but I got his number so we would be able to talk after he got out. If Vic and I were on our feet by that time we could even let them stay with us form in San Diego for a little bit.

It was 12:40 and I took one last look around the room. Making sure I had everything that was mine and Vic's. I had on his hoodie and his IPod was in the pocket, I had his notebook tucked under my arm and my bag in my hand. By the time I got to the exit it'd probably be 12:45.

I removed the sock from my door and quietly closed it back. I took a deep breath and walked down the hallway as lightly as I could. I peaked around the corner to make sure there were no guards lurking around, once I saw that I was clear I walked down. There was about 3 more hallways I needed to pass to get to the exit. Just as I stepped out to go to the next one a guard came out of nowhere.

"Hey kid, what are you doing?"

I froze in my spot, if I got caught I'd definitely be put in isolation. I weighed my options, if I ran there was a possibility that I'd get out. If I didn't then I'd be put in isolation. Running seemed to be the best option. I turned on my heel and frantically ran down the next hallway. God, please let me get out of here.
-

***Vic's P.O.V***

Kellin said he'd be out at 12:45, it was 12:57 and I was starting to think that he got caught. My knee was continuously bouncing as I keeled behind a bush, trying to hide.

After about a minute of arguing with myself I decided to go in. I quickly made my way to the door, praying that Kellin remembered to turn off the alarm when he went to the control room.

When I opened it I breathed a sigh of relief when the alarm didn't go off. I carefully walked down the hallway towards our room and I heard some scurrying. I stopped and looked around in the darkness.

"Kellin." I whispered.

I heard nothing.

"Kellin." I said again.

Before I knew what was going on, I was being pulled behind a corner.

"Shh." He said quietly. "There's a security guard walking around, he w-was chasing me but I lost him." He finished.

I nodded and peeked my head around the corner slowly.

"No one is in the hallway. Let's make a run for it."

He nodded. I quickly took his hand in mine and squeezed it a little bit. I took his bag in my other hand and we came out from behind the corner and ran towards the exit as fast as we could, going through the door and running all the way down the road. We stopped once we were a few feet away from the car.

We were both panting heavily, leaning against each other for support.

"You ok?" I questioned.

"Yea." He smiled at me.

I took his face between my hands and kissed his lips roughly.
I missed the feeling of his lips on mine.

"I missed you so much." I whispered.

"I-"

Kellin was cut off by Mike yelling.

"Guys, there's someone people coming down the road with flashlights."

Shit. Fucking security guards.We hastily climbed into the back seat with his bag and Mike stepped on the gas. He made a quick turn and we were driving back up the road we came from.

Once the asylum was out of sight I pulled Kellin into my embrace and held him tight. Mae was in the front passenger seat, she turned around and said a quick hello to Kellin.

"Hi." He said back quietly. "You look familiar." He said, cocking his head to the side.

"Yea. You may have seen her at that one party we went to." I said.

"Oh, n-now I remember." He said lowly.

Kellin and I were not on the best terms at that time.

"Yea." She said, smiling and turning back to the front.

-

I was nervous as Mike opened the door to Matt's apartment. I hope Kellin would feel comfortable here, even though we would only be here for a couple weeks. We had to keep it a secret because there was no doubt that they'd be looking for him everywhere.

As we walked through the door I looked over to him, he had a huge smile plastered on his face. I let out a sigh of relief.
I led him to our room as Mae laid on the couch and Mike began to make tacos for us. I set down his bag on the floor carefully. I looked up to find him staring back at me. I bit my lip out of nervousness.

"What?" I asked lightly.

Without answering, he hastily made his way over to me and tackled me to the floor, covering me in kisses.

"I missed y-you so much." He sighed.

"I missed you too."

We were silent for a bit, just enjoying each other's company, until I felt something wet on my shirt.

"Baby are you crying?" I questioned.

He shook his head and buried his face into my chest.

"Yes you are love, what's wrong?"

"I just missed you and I'm so happy to have you back." He smiled slightly.

I smiled and gently kissed his forehead. I was happy to have him back too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: We the Kings: Check Yes Juliet

Sorry for the wait. This isn't the end... And have you noticed that Kellin's stutter is kind of getting better?

Thanks for commenting: Kellicxo, IAmNotHuman, kittens_and_scars, whiskeyandchemkids. <----- you guys motivate me to continue this story. Thank you. c: