Sequel: Damaged Goods
Status: Sequel is up

We Are the Lovers, We Are the Last of Our Kind

Sign Me Up, No Regrets, Make A Man Out Of Me

**Vic’s P.O.V**

I sat there, crying and worrying for hours. The counselors tried countless times to get me to go back to the asylum but I was not leaving. I wasn’t going to let this perfect human being wake up in the hospital alone. He was going to see me sitting there, waiting for him when he opened his eyes.

Our head counselor, Mitch, was at the front desk filling out Kellin’s paperwork. The doctor said that Kellin had been underfed. I knew it. I noticed that he didn’t eat much, I just hadn’t realized it was to this extent. This was my fault, I should have known, I was a horrible person and an even more horrible boyfriend. I let it get this way. I have been dating him for a month and I hadn’t caught on. My sobs got louder and my head started to throb.

“Vicky?” Kellin said, his long eyelashes batting rapidly.

“Are you ok baby?” I said quietly, rushing to his side.

He nodded.

“You scared the shit out of me.”

I leant down and kissed his face over and over. I made sure to plant a few kisses on his nose and then a final one on his mouth. I pulled away stared him in his eyes. He sat up on the bed and crossed his legs. He patted it motioning for me to come sit across from him. I did as told, I looked him in the eyes once more and sighed.

“You haven’t been eating, you lied to me.”

Kellin’s face dropped, he knew I was going to bring this up.

“I-I’m sorry, please don’t be mad at me,” he whimpered slightly.

“I’m not mad, it’s just that I thought that you would be open with me, I’ve been nothing but open with you.”

“I-I know, I’m a horrible boyfriend. I understand if you want to d-dump me now but please hear me out ok. This w-was the only thing I’ve h-hidden from you and I know that you’re probably upset but I p-promise I’ll get help and I just really don’t want to lose you, I did this to keep you,” he rushed.

“Whoa, Kellin slow down. I’m not dumping you, don’t even think that. And what do you mean you did this to keep me?”

I saw him let out a breath of relief and he grabbed my hand and squeezed it a little.

“Y-you are so perfect, and good-looking and you’re just a genuinely nice person. I’m ugly, I have to do everything I can to at least keep myself looking close to decent,”he said tearing up a little bit.

Before I could respond Mitch came back into the room with the doctor.

“Hello Kellin,” the doctor said with a smile.

Kellin just looked down and mumbled a hello, he looked as if he was ashamed of himself. He shouldn’t be.

“It seems that you haven’t been eating the way you are supposed to, I have talked to you counselor, Mitch, and it seems that you are showing signs of an eating disorder.”

I looked over to the corner and Mitch was sitting in the chair I was formerly in.

“You will now be under tight supervision at the asylum Kellin. You will be eating all meals with the counselors and we will be weighing you every week until we are sure that you are recovered,” said Mitch sounding serious as hell.

Oh fuck.

“Ok,” said Kellin looking down as tear droplets started to fall down.

I took his hand, brought it my lips and kissed it gently. Kellin looked up and gave me a gentle smile. I didn’t care if the doctor and Mitch were in the room, Kellin was mine and he was hurting.

“We will keep you here for a couple more hours to make sure you’re stable and you will eat something,” the doctor said firmly but nicely.

Kellin nodded, still looking down. The doctor left the room, I pulled Kellin into a comfortable hug and let him sniffle into my shirt. They were going to make him eat, and I bet the hospital food was horrible. I leaned over and grabbed a piece of paper and a pen, I turned the paper over and wrote on the back of it.

(Vic) Can we go get him something to eat? This food probably sucks.

Mitch thought for a second and then nodded in agreement.

“Kellin, Vic and I are going to go out to get you something to eat, since we figured you wouldn't want the hospitals food.”

Kellin hugged me again, he pulled back and pecked me on the lips.

“C-Come back soon ok, this place is scary without you.”

I almost melted at his adorableness and nodded. I squeezed his hand again and got off the bed.

“What would you like to eat?” Mitch asked.

“Vic knows what I like.”

He nodded we started to walk to the door, before I shut it I motioned for Kellin to try to get some sleep, he nodded obediently and pulled the covers up to his chin.

Mitch and I got into a car. I guessed it was his, he must have drove up here himself. We drove in silence.

“So, you and Kellin huh?” he said trying to make conversation.

I nodded slowly.

“That’s nice, you guys are a lovely couple. You look good together also.”

I turned to him and slightly smiled. At least he was trying to start a conversation.

We pulled into the drive thru of Chick-Fil-A and Mitch asked me what Kellin wanted. I pointed to the 10 piece nugget combo, he probably wouldn’t be able to eat that much but i was hungry so we could share it.

“So have you guys been together long?”

I shook my head no in response.

“You seem like you have, when you guys look at each other I can see a spark, it’s genuine. You love him don’t you?”

I nodded again slowly, it had been hard to admit to myself that I have let someone in even after all I went through with Dylan. But I loved Kellin Quinn, there was no hiding it, I just had to work up the courage to tell him.

“It’s obvious,” Mitch said smiling.

We pulled up to the hospital within a few minutes, I grabbed Kellin’s food and Mitch and I headed to his room. He was all bundled up in the covers and he looked adorable as hell but I needed to wake him up. I went over to his bed, brushed back his hair with my hand and placed soft kisses on his cheek. Mitch took his seat in the chair near the door, he was texting on his phone.

“B-Baby?” he said sitting up.

I waited for him to get comfortable before I gave him another kiss on the lips.

“Get in bed with m-me,” Kellin said.

I climbed up onto the hospital bed and sat across from him, carefully putting the bag in between us. I think Mitch realized that this was an intimate moment and he got a little awkward being in the room.

“I’m gonna go talk to the doctor about some stuff ok?” he rushed leaving the room and closing the door behind him.

I opened the bag and laid out all of the contents. I looked up at Kellin and he looked overwhelmed.

“I’m going to help you finish it ok?” I suggested.

He nodded, taking in a big breath of air. I could tell he was a little scared because his face was a little red and his hands were shaking. I opened the box with chicken nuggets, took one out and put it to his lips, he opened his mouth reluctantly and bit off half of it. It took about 45 minutes but he eventually ate 4 nuggets and 3 fries. It wasn’t a lot but it was a huge step and I was ridiculously proud of him.

I quickly ate the rest of the nuggets and fries. Kellin didn’t think he could keep the food down, so just in case I pulled the trashcan close to his side of the bed. I wanted Kellin and I to cuddle so I got under the covers with him and pulled him close.

“Thank you so much baby,” he said nuzzling his nose into my neck.

“I’m so proud of you Kells, you don’t even know.”

“There’s nothing to be proud of, I lied to you and you probably secretly hate me for it.”

“It’s ok hun, I understand. Don’t stress, I could never hate you.”

There was a long, drawn out silence. But it was broken by Kellin.

“Why do you put up with all of my problems and insecurities and shit? I thought I would have scared you away by now,” Kellin said messing with his sleeves.
How could he not see his own perfection? He was amazing and beautiful and sweet.

“It’s because I've fallen for you Kellin. I love you,” I blurted.

He tensed in my arms, I couldn't read his expression, this is what I was scared of. I confessed my love for him and he wasn’t saying anything.

Oh fuck for someone who doesn’t talk a lot I’ve said too much.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: Mayday Parade- When You See My Friends

Thanks for the comments.

(More comments/ Messages on tumblr= faster updates)

My tumblr: http://la---dispute.tumblr.com/