Status: I'm excited for this story, so let's see how it goes!

Exits and Entrances

Never had a doubt, now I'm going crazy

A few mornings later and Tay woke up by the sloppy tongue of Cameron's puppy who had jumped into her bed. Grunting she pulled the duvet up over her head to get away from his playful paws.
"That wasn't very feminine Jardine," Cameron's voice said with a slight smile to it.
"Fuck off," she said, throwing a pillow in the general direction of the sound.
"Up Princess, I'm leaving for school with or without you in half an hour."
Tay just grunted, rolling out of her bed in the Hurley's spare bedroom she was staying in until her parents moved down next semester. She dragged herself up and showered quickly, dressing in her usual attire of converse, jeans and a vest (a new Green Day tee) with a bandeau. She managed all this just in time to grab a piece of toast, slip her phone into her back pocket and run out to Cameron's care just as he was about to leave.
"You know I wouldn't have left without you right?"
She glared at him, pulling the front mirror down and pulling in her beanie.
"What do you know about Cassadee Pope?" She asked suddenly, pulling out her mascara.
"I'm sorry?"
"Cassadee Pope, I met her."
Cameron shrugged, "I don't really know her. She's going out with Rian Dawson, and I think she's in the other music class to me."
Tay nodded, flipping shut the mirror and turning to him, "Yes, but what's she like? What are they like?"
"I honestly don't know her. But All Time Low? Cockiest twats you'll ever meet." Tay raised her eyebrows. "Rian has Cassadee but he and Zack both waltz around following Jack and Alex like lost puppies. Then Jack is the slimiest person you'll ever meet, apparently he lost his virginity at 14 to a 19 year old and to be honest I don't doubt it. And then there's Alex. He thinks he's Gods gift to Earth or something and all of them think they own the school because of All Time Low."
Tay nodded and kept quiet for a second. "So... You don't like them then."
He laughed, "Nice observation."
Almost on queue Tays phone started ringing and the name 'Alex Gaskarth' popped up. She smiled sheepishly at Cameron and opened the phone.
"Hello?" She asked.
"Hey Tay, it's Alex."
"I'm sorry, Who?" She joked, a smile playing on her lips.
"Alex Gaskarth, we met at the grill?"
"I know Alex, I was kidding."
"Oh."
Cameron grimaced at her, mouthing "what does he want?"
"Cameron Hurley says hi," Tay said, smiling cheekily at his scowling face.
"Really? Um, say hi back?"
"So can I help you Alex?"
"Oh right, yeah. Um, I was wondering if you needed a lift to school?"
"I um, have one thanks. I'm staying with Cameron for the first semester."
"Oh okay, tell Hurley he's a lucky guy."
She laughed.
"Seriously Tay, so do I get to see you later?"
"Depends if I can drag you away from your boyfriend or not?"
"I'm sure Jack can spare me for a lovely girl like you."
"Flattery won't get you anywhere,"
"I think it'll grow on you Miss Jardine."
"How'd you know my surname?"
"Cassadee."
"Oh."
Cameron rolled his eyes and grabbed the phone. "Alex, it's Cameron here and you're distracting Tay from driving so I'm going to have to hang up for her." He snapped it shut.
Tay snatched her closed phone back.
"Cameron, I can't believe you just did that?!" He shrugged, silently facing the road.
"Just because their band is actually going somewhere." She muttered, crossing her arms and turning to face the window as Cameron turned into the High School. She climbed out the car and walked away, not waiting for Cameron to follow.
"Tay, you need-"
"I'll find it on my own Cam."

Moving her bag on her shoulder Tay slipped into the crowd of people who were animatedly talking to their friends after a summer off. She looked around for someone she could ask for directions.
"Tay?" She turned her head. "Tay! Hey Tay!"
The smiling, chipper face of Cassadee Pope appeared in the crowd, dragging a sheepish Rian behind her.
"Cassadee, hey." Tay smiled politely.
"I haven't seen Alex so I couldn't get your number. "
"Oh don't worry about it." She smiled, brushing her fringe out if her face.
"You like Green Day?" Rian asked, smiling sweetly.
"What? Oh Yeah," she laughed. "Who doesn't?!"
"Exactly! Have you heard their new-" He trailed off, glancing at Cassadee.
"Oh! Sorry, this is Tay. She's new and Alex has a thing for her and she's staying with Cameron Hurley."
Tay threw Cass a dirty look for the Alex comment but smiled at Rian
"Yeah, and I lost Cam so do you think you could take me to the office?"
Cassadee nodded, "Sure."
Tay walked with them as Cass chatter on about something and Rian and Tay exchanging fond eyerolls.
"Ri! Cass," a voice called out, running over and slapping a hand on Rians shoulder.
"Hey Zack," Cassadee said with a smile.
"Oi!" Jacks voice ran over to crowd and they waited for him to catch up.
"Hey Man," Rian said. "This is -"
"Tay," Jack finished with a grin. "We've met, he tried to steal my boyfriend." They all laughed.
"Where is Alex?" Zack asked, and a few shrugged.
"He told me he was nipping over West End to pick something up." Rian said, slipping a hand around Cassadee's waist. Tay looked up, she lived on West Side. That must have been why he offered her a ride.
"West Side? But that's hell to get to in the morning!"
Jack shrugged, "He said it was important to make a good impression on someone. I don't know."
Tays nose scrunched together slightly, he hadn't been meaning her right?
"We'll go find him." Jack said, walking off with the boys and leaving Tay with Cassadee.
"You alright Tay? Have you spoken to him?" Cass asked.
"Yeah, he rang me and asked if I wanted a lift to school today."
She looked at her suprised.
"But, you're living in West Side with Cameron?"
She nodded. "And? It's no big deal."
"Tay, he didn't even drive Lisa to school and she lived about 5 minutes away, not half a bloody hour!"
"Who's Lisa?" She asked curiously.
"I am."

Lisa was a lovely girl. She had a pretty smiling face and a petit body perfect to slide under any males arm and look at home. She had the type of laugh you expected fairies to have expect it would occur after a dirty joke and her blonde hair was flawless everyday. However behind her pretty smile was a broken heart, broken by the one and only Alex Gaskarth.

"I am." Tay turned to a see a girl behind her.
"Oh, hey Lis." Cass said smiling, "This is Tay. Tay this is our friend Lisa."
Lisa smiled reluctantly, having already heard about Tay from Alex. "So you were talking about me."
"No, of course not Silly." Cassadee said. Tay stood awkwardly, sliding her hands into her pockets.
"Me and Alex have been dating since we were 14."
"You were dating Lisa." Cass correcting rolling her eyes. "You're not anymore."
Lisa scowled, crossing her arms.
"Oh, did you recently break up? I'm um.. Sorry." Tay said cautiously.
Lisa flashed her a smile, "Don't be. It was coming to an end."
"That's good then." Tay trailed off, looking at Cassadee.
"Well, we need to sign Tay in so we'll be off if you don't want to come." Cassadee offered, starting to walk away. Lisa shook her head and wondered off in the opposite direction.
"I love Lise, but when it comes to Alex she can be a complete pain."

According to her timetable Tay had English, Bio, Double music, French for the day, and being in her first lesson Rian had dubbed himself her tour guide for the morning. He wa a nice guy. Very happy and seemed genuinely interested in what she had to see, and she had yet to see him follow Alex and Jack like a 'lost puppy'. Apparently she had music with the boys and Cass, which although was unfortunate as her band were in the other class, it meant she had time to see Alex. Tay hadn't seen Cameron since their fight and although she was feeling slightly bad she busied herself with her new friends. Except right now, where they all seemed to have vanished off the face of the earth.

"Hey, Tay isn't it?" She turned around, how was is that everyone seemed to know her name?
"Yes?"
"Hi, I'm Maisy. I'm class president and I just wanted to welcome you to the school."
"Oh," Tay smiled politely at the girl in front of her. "Well I seem to be doing alright thanks."
"It's your first day, you don't have to have made friends already." She laughed.
"I know, I was just looking for Alex or Cassadee?"
Maisy smiled sympathetically.
"Oh Honey, go find someone else. They're not the kid of people to let new people in."
"I know, we're friends though." Tay said, hesitantly.
Maisy nodded, "Okay, well they're probably in the music. But stop if you find someone on the way alright?"
"But I-"
"Not putting off my girl before we've even become friends are you Stewert?"
Tay felt an arm slide over her shoulders and slouch against her.
"Oh Alex, I just... Well You... I didn't..."
Tay rolled her eyes. "Like I said. We're friends."
Maisy looked between them and smiled nervously, "Okay. Well I see you're settled in nicely Tay. I'll just go..." She trailed off and with once last glance she was off around the corner.
"I can't stand that girl," Alex said, looking down to smirk at her. "To music Miss Jardine?"
Tay grinned, "To music."