Sequel: Zero

rewind

nine.

"Ales, don't!"

It was the woman's voice that cried out, desperate and horrified.

But it was too late, the shot rang out and their enemy fell.

The shot was fired and Marco fell.

Everything stopped in that moment for him. He was unable to comprehend how he had let this happen. How was it that it was Marco all along instead of the enemy he believed was standing in front of him?

Someone snatched the gun away.

"I'm sorry, this is all my fault," she whispered, tears welling in her eyes. "I'm sorry, Ales. That's enough, just leave me."

"I-" He wanted to deny that idea because she was as important to him as Marco.

"I love you." She uttered, looking as shocked as he did when the weight of her words bared down on their shoulders. She swallowed and shook her head, focusing instead on the task at hand.

"This is all I can do," she said, moving to Marco and pressing her hand over his wound. "The only way you'll be safe is if you forget."

"No."

She was up and moving away from them within seconds, taking her place a few feet over with the gun firmly held in her hands. Her mouth pressed into an unreadable line as she shared a gaze with Ales, an inhuman glow coming to life in her eyes.

"Forget," was all she said.

Down he went, vision blackening as his legs gave way beneath him.

All he could think of was who was that young woman?

And why were they there in the first place?