Status: probs won't even edit this every Sunday, it'll be all weirdo bc school is in full swing holla

Finding Atlas

EIGHT

Image
"Look, I'm sorry you had to see that. Well, I'm sorry you had to see me like that and I'm sorry you saw my mom like that and I'm just, I'm sorry." His knuckles turned white as he clenched his fists. Atlas, being a complete Southern gentleman, decided that he'd walk me home since my own house was just down the road.

"Hey, it's okay," I said as I smiled at him. "Your reaction was actually... surprising. I mean, yeah, you had a panic attack, but you didn't go crazy on her, right?" Atlas winced when crazy slipped out of my mouth. We walked in silence for a few more minutes before we stopped in front of my house.

"Listen, I know we just met and all, but I'd like you to know that you can tell me whatever. You can talk to me whenever, okay?" I asked him as he walked me to my doorstep. He smiled and shoved his hands inside his jean pockets before replying, "Okay. Have a good night, then," I smiled back at him, then rooted around my backpack's front pouch for my house keys.

"Hey, wait!" I turned around, and Atlas was jogging back over. "I'm Atlas," he said as he stuck his hand out. I didn't want to sound like a creep, so I didn't tell him that I already knew what his name was, so I just went along with it.

"I'm An—Calista," I stopped short before I could embarrass myself. After he shook my hand, he smiled that half smile again before saying, "Andromeda, got it," then walking off. I unlocked the door before walking in and shutting it behind me, then ran to the window in time to see Atlas's dark figure walking away, his shadow following behind him in the glow of the setting sun. I breathed out a breath I was unaware I had been holding before another caught in my throat. How had he known my name?
♠ ♠ ♠
OKAY SO I WAS GONNA UPDATE TOMORROW
AS PLANNED
BUT THEN I WAS GOING THROUGH AND REPLYING TO COMMENTS WHEN I SEE THAT PATTY (NEDFRID.) HAD GONE AND MADE ME THIS BEAUTIFUL NEW BANNER AND I AM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW LIKE OH MY GOD SHE'S MADE MY DAY WITH THIS
look at how beautiful and artsy this shit is holy shit can we give her a round of applause
like
Patty
there is nothing wrong with her she is flawless
talented perf idk ily Patty ilysm (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
AND YOU SHOULD GO CHECK OUT HER STORIES
BECAUSE SHE'S ONE HELL OF A WRITER AND GRAPHIC DESIGNER
A ROSE BY THE SHORE
FOUL PUNCH
POPPY JENNINGS' REVENGE
GO GO GO SHE'S PERFECT OK YOU WILL NOT REGRET READING ANY OF THIS

but anyways lol
sorry this was kind of a sucky chapter but
ONE READER QUESTION:
1. HOW DO YOU GUYS THINK HE KNEW HER NAME EH????? ;))))))
there's me going Canadian on all y'all except I'm from California so

ANYWAYS I LOVE YOU GUYS BYE
8.4.13.

p.s. guys it's August already a piece of me has died
p.p.s. there WILL be an update tomorrow, too! this update goes out to Patty because she's a wonderful human being ((((:::::