The Mess I Made.

One.

Emilia

Everything looked the same in beacon hills, it was still beautiful. The leaves flowed freely through the wind and the forest surrounding me was teaming with life. How could a town so beautiful hold so many nightmares, so many forgotten memories, and so much pain. If you asked why I was back I'd say I didn't know, but I knew deep down in my subconscious I was wasn't over him. How could he have so much control over my heart? He probably had children now or married the ever beautiful vixen Kate. I sighed releasing a breath I had not realized I had been holding in. Even though I felt as if there was no chance he would have left Kate, my heart still hoped. My mother looked at me with such sadness as I told her this, but still she put enough money in my account to fund my expenses until I got a job.
Finally I rounded the corner to my new apartment at downtown beacon hills, it was just a small 1bed and 1bath apartment, but more than enough for me. I pulled into space 215, and climbed out. I was eager to live on my own yet cautious knowing full and well I could easily run into someone I know. I listened to the thudding of my boots against the pavement as i walked to the back of my u-haul to unload my belongings. I grabbed my duffel bag and rummaged through it until I found my key then placed on top of my box of CDs, DVDs, and laptop.
A blast of chilled air hit me as I walked into the building and past the front desk lady who gave me a prompt smile before going back to her work at the computer. I decided that the stairs would be better for my health although it was only two flights of stairs. I managed to open the door with out complete failure then began the sear for my room.

210,211,212,213,214…

I stopped at the door of my neighbor, a familiar scent was coming from the room, but I couldn't quite pin what the scent was or who it was. I shrugged it off nervously praying it wasn't someone I knew then softly plopped the box and bag onto the floor. I opened the door and propped it open with my box of electronics. The process was strenuous, but after an hour I was finished. I had even managed to finish unpacking for my room. I had a mattress on the floor with a blue duvet and white pillows, I shelf for my books, a shelf for my CDs and DVDs, and even my guitar propped against the wall beside my bed. My laptop sat on the bed charging and my phone on the floor beside the bed. It felt cozy. My living room consisted of one couch big enough for three and a small flat screen that came with he place. Across from that was my kitchen and my bathroom was connected to my room.
Once everything was in a nice order I grabbed my phone, keys, and wallet deciding to take a quick trip to the grocery store. Once again I wavered by the door briefly before moving on. Once again I received a smile from the desk lady, but this time I waved finally having free hands to do so.
It was crazy how the brain remembers every little thing. I had lost some of the details of the small town, but my superior smell brought he memories back to life, even the ones I didn't want. I smiled at a small park I used to play at with the Hale family, I'd broken my arm trying to beat Laura at jumping off of the swing higher. Of course it healed promptly, but I still cried until Derek bought me an ice cram cone to calm me down. He was apart of all of memories in this town, his whole family was. I slowed to stop at a stop sign and wondered how his family was.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to just stop by…. He might not even be there…

I glanced over to the turn I needed to make to go to the grocery story, but the road head was calling me so longingly. I moved forward, my curiosity and longing getting the best of me. When I reached the ever familiar dirt path to the house I hopped out of my car. I sniffed the air for familiar scents, but oddly I caught none, just ash. I shrugged, maybe the camp fires were too powerful. I hadn't used many of my werewolf powers since I was a child so they might not be as strong. I trekked through the grass and some leaves that must have fallen from the strong summer breeze. I gasped and dropped to my knees when I reached the house. This beautiful and magnificent house that had once been filled to the rim with love was burned to ashes, everything black except for the door that'd been painted red. Tears fell from my eyes. I forced myself to walk up to the door and touched it. The paint was fresh, it had to have been painted days ago. I wondered around the house and one scent was prominent and stronger than all of the ash and paint. That one scent was Derek's, and as much as I wanted to know what happened, confronting him scared me more than anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Emilia King

I know its short, but it is only the beginning. Remember Emilia hasn't been back to Beacon Hills in all these years so she doesn't know about the fire or anything that's happened recently. I am placing this directly after season 2 when everything is calm and lead it into Alpha Pack troubles. I really hope you guys like it so far, my favorite thing is the chapter gif, it took me sooooo long to make this layout and I LOVE IT! I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I enjoy making this and writing for you :)

Love,

Gabriella.