Sequel: Can You Love Me?
Status: Finished! (Has A Sequel)

Can You See Me?

Options And Decisions

When we got to the bar, Bridget leaned over to me and whispered something that hadn’t occurred to me. “We aren’t 21 or older, Myka.” She said to me in my ear. I felt my mouth open a little. “Oh crap! What do we tell them?” I asked her confused and worried that they would ditch us after we told them we were only 16. “One of us has to tell them!” Bridget whispered a little too loudly. “Tell who, what?” Asked James who was standing next to me. I looked up at him. He was much taller than me even with these heels on. I bit my lip and just said it. “We aren’t 21. We aren’t even 17 yet.” I blurted out and everyone turned to look at us. “What?” Said Ben dazed. “We can’t take them in.” He said. Then everyone started mumbling. “Everyone shut up!” Danny yelled.
“What are we going to do though?” Asked Ben
“I have my ways.” Said Danny smugly.
“What ways?” Said Ben
“Maybe,” Said Cameron, “The freaking back door.”
“That my friend, is exactly what I was thinking. If we go through the back door no one will ever know we have three 16 year old girls with us.” Said Danny triumphantly.
James looked over at us. “Are you sure you three want to do this? If you get caught you could go to jail.” He said matter-of-factly. I nodded at him. “Yeah. We get in plenty of trouble anyways.” I said and smiled and he returned it. “So do we. I think we’ll all get along nicely.” He said and we quickly went in through the back door.

When we got in the bar it was nothing like I was expecting it to be. It was huge, loud, and cramped. The air smelled of liquor and sweat and lust yet it was nice in a way. I could see one reason why coming to places like this could become so addicting to a person. I looked around as we walked in with the members of Asking Alexandria and then the real disbelief struck me. We three girls had went to an AA concert just hoping to get away from home and have a good time and get some stuff signed. Yet here we were in a bar for people only 21 and up allowed to be in with Asking Alexandria themselves. I grinned like a mad man at the thought. I kept thinking I must be dreaming and pinching myself waiting for the sweet dream to dissolve but it never did. I was really hanging out with Asking Alexandria. Bridget, Stephanie, and I walked over to the bar and sat on some of the stool with James between Steph and me and Ben in-between Steph and Bridget with Danny on Bridget’s other side. “You ladies want some shots?” Asked Danny from across the high bar table. I quickly shook my head yes and he called for the bartender to get 8 shots. One for each of us, including Cameron and Sam who were beside James. The shots came right up and I quickly grabbed one and no quicker had I got that I gulped it down. After about two more I was starting to feel a little tipsy so I told Steph I was going to find a booth and sit down. I saw James sitting at one of the booths and since he was the only person I knew I sat down with him. When I was seated he looked up at me. “Drunk?” He asked me. I looked at him. “Tipsy, but not drunk.” James nodded and looked away. An awkward silence hung in the air and I said, “Are you drunk yet?”
“Nope haven’t had my intake yet.” He replied
“How many shots would it take?” I asked him, genuinely curious
He tilted his head to the side in thought and then said, “A lot. I don’t usually count.” He said uninterested.
“Oh, sorry that was a stupid question.” I said and blushed a little.
“Can I ask you a question now?” He said.
I looked at him. “Of course!” I said a little to happily. I was just glad he was asking me anything at all.
“Why were you limping earlier? When we walked in through the back door, I noticed you were trying to hide it. Did someone hurt you?” He asked with a serious looking face. I really didn’t want to tell him what had happened but I guess I had no choice. I sighed and looked down at the table.
“At my house, I get beat for no reason. My life sucks and tonight really has been the best night of my life but earlier today when I was at school I had an incident so I ran out of class. I was sick of staying at my house and so I snuck in through my window and grabbed my stuff. But when I was trying to get back out of the window my dad busted my door down and tried to grab me but he pushed my foot and I landed on my ankle. I think I sprained it but I had to come to the concert tonight.” I told him. James looked down at the table. “That’s horrible.” He said sympathetically. “I’m so sorry you had to deal with that your whole life but thank you for also being such a dedicated fan. Most fans wouldn’t have run away partly to see even their favorite band play.” He said smiling. I looked at him. “You’re welcome. I just don’t have a place to go anymore. I guess I’ll just get some hotels when I can. Walk places when I can. You know? Stephanie offered me a place at her house but her parents and her do so much for me already.” I said shaking my head. James scooted closer to me and leaned down to my ear. “I know we just met and I probably come across as a jerk, but if you really need somewhere to sleep then you can use the bus.” Said James and I looked up at him. “No, no, no. I can’t do that you guys are probably cramped as it is and I don’t think the guys would like some girl they just met, who’s not even in the band, living on their tour bus.” I told James. He smiled. “Well, if you really need a place to sleep tonight then just meet me in the back of the bus about 30 minutes after we get back and everyone should be asleep by then. In the morning I’ll get you up and out of the bus before they knew you were there, okay?” He asked. I just stared at him. This rock-star who was supposedly a jerk just offered me shelter on his bus, whether his band mates liked the idea or not. Suddenly tears sprung into my eyes and I couldn’t help but let them slide down my face. James jumped back a little, surprised. “Why are you crying?! Did I say something or-”
“NO!” I yelled
“Then why are you crying?” He asked
“Because no one but my best friends have ever shown concern for me and I’m so grateful for it. I know I seem like a cry-baby but I’m not, I’ve been keeping it all in for the past 16 years and I’m just so grateful!” I said nearly choking on every word. James put his arm around me and said, “It’ll be alright.” Suddenly he looked up and put his hand in the air. Danny was saying it was time to go. “Well, I hope I’ll see you tonight. If you decide not to come then at least come to another show sometime so that I’ll know you’re alright, okay?” He said and I nodded. He smiled and tipped his head as a goodbye and then he scooted out of the booth and left, leaving me to decide if I was going to see James again tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and tell me what I should improve or how I'm doing please! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!!! Updates are going slower now so may be a day or two till next chapter!