Status: Completed

Esia's Protector

Preparation Ritual

I was standing at the in the hallway when I saw….wait? Why, is Richard here? I stood on my feet and I looked at Vergil and back at Richard. Richard stood in front of me with this man that has on sunglasses covering his eyes.

“Janet. I’m glad to see that you’re not harmed,” he said.

I smirked.

“I don’t want your concerns for me. Where is Esia?” I asked demandingly.

He placed his hands in his pockets.

“She’s safe…., for now,” he said, “Until she become one of us,” he said.

I shook my head.

“Feeling bad aren’t we? Esia would have died much earlier but she has some fast reflexes I give her that. Not to mention that her father my….”buddy” has hired a bodyguard, that (looks at Vergil) should be dead by now,” he said.

Richard turns his eyes back towards me. I closed the space between us. I spat on his face. Wishing that my saliva was mucus infested.

“Gotta hell, Richard. You and your fricking ritual,” I cursed.

Richard pulled out a piece of napkin and wiped his face. Before long, Vergil stepped between us.

“You placed her in my responsibility. When the job is done she will be disposed of,” he promised.

“And you…., will have you reward,” he said.

Just hearing that alone aches my heart. Was Vergil willing to kill me? I tried to push the thought aside but it just keeps coming to me. I felt a hard tug on my arm.

Dragging me along with the force that just pulled me away from Richard. Surely, the one that I have loved for so long was going to slay me.

****

Dhampir was on top of me when I fired the last shot threw her stomach. She fell into my arms covering her wound. For demon, she isn’t regenerating. I gently turned her over to her back. Dhampir, looked at me with a peaceful smile on her face.

“For last thousand years, this is my second defeat. My first was my master whom you want to seek,” she said.

She reached her hand over to my cheeks.

“My job is done, take my power….son of Sparda,” she insisted.

Dhampir turned into a ball of purple light. I’d reach my hand out and the purple energy in my hand. The ball of energy turned into a skull staff. Interesting. Of course, you know me I had to show it off.

After I defeated Dhampir, I ran over to check on Trish. It appears to be okay, she didn’t take that much damage after that blow.

“Ugh, what happened?” she asked.

I offered my hand to Trish.

“Dhampir is dead. And we can move on to the next stage,” I stated.

Trish took my hand and stood on her feet. Trish look at me; not saying much words but understood my thoughts. Trish looks away and jumped very high nearly towards the ceiling. But, I like taking the long way around. Hold on Esia, I’m coming for you.

*****

I ran so fast, I could literally hear the wind rushing past my ears. I began to hack and slash threw demons that entered my way. Once I made it inside the golden like room, I saw a door that was wide open.

Praying in my heart, I casually walked inside. Inside the room, was a will straighten fixed king size bed with a roof over it with a beautiful window view. However, I felt something rubbing up against my leg. I looked down and I saw a black rabbit looking up at me.

Seriously, that is what really happened. Not to sound like it’s a joke or anything. Oddly enough I’d felt compel to pick it up. The rabbit was getting comfortable in my arms. But I have no time for pet sitting, I have to find Esia before the ritual begins. I looked around the room and made my leave. Seeing that Esia is nowhere in sight in the room. If that is the case then where is she?

*****

Multiple demons surround me placing makeup on my face. I couldn’t fight back since the one who called himself, Fury, was eyeing me. Richard wanted me to sing two song for him. He called the loveable goodbye song, trust me, even I don’t know what it means.

After the demons placed makeup on me, I stood on my feet and got dressed. I looked at the reflection of the mirror as I saw Janet standing at the door.

“Privacy, please,” she said.

The demons left Janet and I alone in the room. We ran towards each other and did a sisterly embraced. Both of us was crying but I was crying the hardest. The more I cried out; the more Janet held on to me tighter. I didn’t want this, no. I never asked for this….so-called destiny. Finally, Janet and I were able to look at each other with swollen eyes.

“Esia….., I am so so sorry,” she apologized.
“It’s not your fault,” I muttered trying to hold back the tears.

“The ritual is almost ready,” she said barely, “I don’t think I can do this,” she said.

“Dante will save, Janet. Just wait,” I said.

We heard the door opened. Vergil stood at the doorway, giving me and Janet the signal to exit the room where I was going to be sacrificed to be “reborn" as a new demon. Dante, please hurry!!!
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long delay, guys!!! This is my newst chapter of DMC: Esia's Protector. We're almost at the finish line. So the question remains....will Dante get there in time before the ritual begins. In addition, please leave a comment, subscribe, and recommend. Thank you!!! ^_^