Status: Completed

Esia's Protector

Vergil

This man that stands in front of me isn’t Dante. Who is this man? He’s too fast. I can barely get away from his attacks. I had tripped on something behind me, but I couldn’t see it. The man in a blue coat stood over me with his katana in his hand.

“Die,” he said.

My life began to flash before my eyes and just like that… I heard something clashing into his sword. I've opened my eyes; snapping myself back into reality. Dante was standing in front of me with his back turned.

“Esia, you need to get out here!” Dante ordered.

I didn’t want to argue with him. I stood on my feet, made distance, and ran as fast as I could leaving them alone.

***

I finally began to wake up from my unconsciousness after that ordeal I just had. Somehow, Vergil is still alive. I thought I’d killed him back in Mundus’s castle, I guess I had thought wrong. I’ll be honest here, but my heart was overjoyed when I saw my oldest brother again.

But his attacks wasn’t like the way they were before back in the castle…it was stronger. Much stronger than the last time we've fought. I was able to push Vergil far enough to make an stand-off.

“Dante, I've known you would show up,” he said.

“Vergil, I thought you were dead,” I continued, “How are you still alive?” I asked while Vergil and I was circling around each other like the good old days.

“While you were too busy handling business in the demon world, this man in the grey hoodie brought me back to life with all of my memories intact. I remember…everything,” he said.

“Did he tell you to attack Esia?” I asked.

“I was simply told to bring back her dead corpse after the deed is done,” he said, “But since you’re here…why don’t we have some family…. quality time,” he suggested.

The thought of fighting my older brother excites me. Vergil reaches for his Yamato. I pulled out my sword the rebellion. We’d walked toward each other. Vergil disappeared from in front of me. I blocked his attack from the other side of me.

Our swords had clashed and sparks flew. Vergil made some distance between us. He used his summon swords to protect himself from my bullets. He launched one of his swords at me. I was able to dodge two, but I couldn’t dodge the last one.

I flipped to my feet. Vergil was already in his samurai stance. I quickly switched to my trickster as Vergil used the Upper Slash

I dodged all the attacks, but as I jump in the air, Vergil met me half way. He kicked me down to the ground. I landed on my back. He was going for a dive kick. I moved as he made his contact with the concrete. I'd rolled back to my feet.

I switched to royal guard. Vergil made some distance between us; he got into his samurai stance. He had used the Judgment Cut. I’d switch back to trickster. Once Vergil was open for an attack, I made my move. As I was dashing towards him, I switch weapon from my rebellion to Agni and Rudra.

However, as I was doing my crazy combos, he parried my last slash. He must’ve switch to Dark Knight as I was attacking him. I pulled out Nevan. I started to summon the lighting bats; Vergil used his summon swords to counteract the bats.

We both begin to breathe hard. This fight with Vergil has always been fun to me, but what is he laughing about if he’s also is out of energy?

“Dante, I have a surprise for you,” he said sadistically.

I couldn't understand what he meant. He placed the blade in the ground; he crossed his arms over his chest. Vergil began to have blue lighting surrounded him. My eyes went wide, is this ANOTHER Devil Trigger? He had changed into this creature.

Dante, prepare to die,” he said.

I got into my stance, but he was already gone. I turned around just to get a knee contacting my gut. Vergil kicked my face which only caused me to stumble backward. I even tried to use doppelganger, but I was never given the chance or the opportunity to use it. This form made Vergil faster and even better than his own Devil Trigger. In his final blow, Vergil rise his sword over my head. I looked into his eyes. He moved as I saw a missile went his way.

That missile is familiar to me. It must have been Lady that just showed up. She help me get back on my feet. Vergil went back into his normal form.

“Dante, you went soft after you came back from the demon world. How disappointing,” he mocked.

I looked at him.

I said, “Damn you, Vergil.”

“We’ll meet again.” He said as he went his way.

I looked at Lady as she placed my arm around her shoulder.

```
I woke inside my room in Esia’s mansion. I couldn’t get the image of Vergil’s new devil trigger out of my head. The door opened as Lady walked in.

“How are you holding up?” she asked.

“I’m fine,” I said, “How did you find me?” I asked wondering.

“A woman name had contacted me, stating her cousin was in trouble, and you went to go look for her,” she said.

I sat up on my bed, but why on earth do I have these bandages on my torso, when I can instantly heal? I took the bandages off, I’m Lady understand why.

“Where are they?” I asked.

“Esia is talking to Charlene and Brittany,” she said as she got on her feet.

Lady went to the door and opened it. She looked back at me.

“Be sure to give them your thanks; I’ll inform Trish about the situation,” she said.

***

I was in the living room with my coffee. I saw Lady coming downstairs. I stood on my feet.

“Is he alright?” I asked.

She nodded her head.

“Thank you contacting me, Esia,” she said with gratitude.

“No, thank you for coming to help, Dante,” I said.

Lady placed her hand on my right shoulder.

“Don’t worry about it,” she said.

We both looked as we see Richard approaching us. Richard hugged me tightly.

“Thank god you’re alright,” he said in relief.

He gently pulled me away with his arms on my shoulders.

“Your father and I were so worried,” he said.

“I know,” I said, “This is Dante’s partner, Lady.” I greeted.

This was weird they just looked at each other. Richard placed a smile on his face. He extended his for a handshake.

“Nice to meet you,” he said with a smile.

Lady shook his hand slowly. But she didn’t take her eyes off of him, maybe she’s in love? I don’t know. Lady walked beside me to whispered in my ear. She continued walking out the door. I couldn’t help but to look back at her. Richard tapped his hand on my shoulder to get my attention. I looked at him.

“We should go see your father before he starts to have a cow,” he suggested.

I smiled, “Your right, we should go,” I said.

We started to head towards the conference room. Once arrived, we saw Dante sitting down across the table from Daddy. Dad was yelling and cussing towards Dante. While Dante is calm and relax about it.

“I’m telling you the truth, if I haven’t got there in time, she would’ve been dead by now,” he stated.

“But I paid good money to protect her!” he shouted.

“And I have.” He said with a smile.

Out of anger, Dad left the room. I looked at Richard to give him the notice that I wanted to leave alone with Dante. Richard understood, he walked out of the conference room after closing the door behind.

“I’m glad that you’re in good condition,” I said.

“I’m glad that you’re safe,” he said.

I couldn’t help the feeling of being flattered. He stood to his feet. Like a schoolgirl, I ran into his arms. I felt his arms going around me.

“My father should have been grateful to you,” I suggested.

I felt Dante shrugged his shoulders in a uncaring way.

“I’m used to assholes,” he said.

I looked at him and just…giggled a little. I moved out of his warm embrace, I had approached the door.

“We’re having dinner,” I said, “Would like to join us?” I asked.
Dante placed his hands in his pockets and nodded his head. I left him alone in the conference room. I’d saw Charlotte, leaning on the wall with her arms folded under her chest.

“What?” I asked.

Charlene looked at me. She didn’t say anything.

“Esia sweetie, (sighs annoyingly) I know you have a fling for Dante,” she said.

“Char--,” but she cut across me, placing her hands on my hands.

“I don’t you to get hurt, like with Marcus, and I know this kinda out the blue, but don’t do anything stupid, okay,” she requested.

I didn’t hell I couldn’t say anything. She was only looking out for me. Charlene, placed her arms around my shoulder as we was headed towards the Dining Room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its been along time, right? This is my newest chapter. If there any errors, please let me know. Also comment and subscribe, Thank you! ^___^