Manic

Signs

Nech stood against the kitchen counter with her leg bouncing making her foot tap in an unknown beat. She seemed oblivious to the constant buzz her patter was making and stood zoned out.

She sighed before going to the fridge and reaching on top of it for her pack of Marlboro red cigarettes. A habit I ignored but wasn’t my favorite flaw of hers. She ejected one before making her way to the back screen door.

I checked my phone and noticed it was an hour until our radio interview. I got up and walked to our backyard.

“Babe?” I called noticing her pacing on the patio with the cigarette midair near her lips.

She stopped and looked up at me.

“The interview’s in an hour, you should hurry and get ready,” she had agreed the other day to go with me and I was grateful.

She seemed to be going into another episode. I couldn’t tell just yet but some signs were there.

“Oh yeah, am I still going?”

“Of course,” I furrowed my brows.

“I just, I don’t want to intrude,” she finished her last drag and smashed the cancer stick into the ashtray set up on a small table beside or patio set.

“The other girls will be there,” I sighed and she seemed to relax a little.

“Ok, I’m gonna go take a shower,” she went inside and walked up the stairs me in tow.

“May I join you,” I wiggled both my brows and she giggled while grabbing her clothes and rushing to our bathroom. “Sure,” I rushed to follow only to have her slam the door in my face. “In your dreams,” she called.

“Only the good ones,” I called back and jumped on our queen sized organic bed.

I reached for the guitar beside me and strummed random notes to a song I was working on. Fifteen minutes passed before the door leading to the bathroom was opened again. Nech emerged in a long sleeve egg white lose fitting tee-shirt and black jean shorts. She was bare-foot and without any make-up on yet. Her hair was wet and in tangled ringlets signaling she had yet to brush it.

I groaned and she looked at me with a raised brow. I reached over and pulled her by her waist to me causing her to fall on top of my now lying form when her knees made contact with the bed. She giggled and straddled me forcing another groan, how could she do that without even doing anything?

She pressed her lips to mine forming a perfect mold and I instantly put my hand on her back pulling her closer and the other on her neck forcing the kiss to deepen. She pulled away and I breathe out an “I love you” causing her eyes to twinkle.

“Kendall we don’t have time you have to get ready.”

I groaned in protest when she crawled off of me but didn’t fight her.

“Are you going to be ready in time?” I asked knowing how long it took her to do her make-up and hair.

“Yeah I’m not doing my make-up,” she muttered going to the dresser attached to her vanity for her brush.

I stopped mid-step and looked back at her, she never left anywhere without her make-up on, I thought she looked perfectly fine without it but she didn’t.

That was it, the sign I was looking for, she wasn’t well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Neche’s outfit
Next chapter is going to be the interview.