Manic

Interview Part 1

We walk into the station hand in hand. I was grateful the ride here was over; Neche kept messing with the radio station and bouncing her knee up and down. We parked in the back so no one would bother us, no one really stalked radio interview unless it was outside and we told them to come. I was glad; I don’t know how Nech would do in crowds right now.

She wore sunglasses, something she normally did the very few times she went out without make-up. Usually that was only to run errands and things though, never something like this.

She decided to be cute and wear Vans, something she never wore, Adidas or nothing. Sometimes she liked being “cute and matching” her words about my addiction to Vans. We both had this thing about shoes.

I don’t know we are just weird. I squeezed her hand when we entered and the staff immediately showed us to the room where the DJ and the rest of my band were. Well where I thought the rest of my band was.

“Where’s Logan?” I asked.

“Late of course,” Carlos rolled his eyes with a chuckle.

I gave him a half hug and patted his back.

“What’s up man? Finally Nech is here. Where have you been hiding her Kendall?” He teased before grabbing Nech in a bear hug and lifting her off of the floor causing a small squeal to emerge from her lips.

“Hey Los,” she smiled.

“Has he been locking you up in a tower? Want me to beat him up?” She hummed and pretended to think about it.

“Hey!” I shouted.

“No Carlos, he’s great,” she smiled and I smirked.

“Hey I don’t get a greeting?” James complained sitting on the couch next to his fiancé Halston Sage.

“Oh my god, hi,” Nech rushed over to James who she hadn’t seen in a while.

He smiled and opened his arms to greet her only to have her move last second to Halston’s lap to where Fox sat.

“Hi Fox! I haven’t seen you in ages!”

She hugged the small dog and James glared at my wife.

“I’m kidding James,” she chuckled putting Fox back in his place on his mama’s lap.

She walked over to my best friend and he stood giving her a hug, she then moved and gave Halston a hug as best as she could without squishing Fox.

I greeted James similar to the way I greeted Carlos.

“Where’s Alexa?” I asked.

“She took Sidney to the bathroom real quick,” he explained.

She is right here,” Alexa said walking in with Carlos dog who quickly left her side to greet us.

We both petted the dog before Nech walked over to Carlos’s girlfriend. They greeted each other in hugs and I followed giving Halston a hug after.

We were alone in the room until the DJ walked in.

“Hey,” he greeted, his name was Adam, and we had worked with him before a few times.

We all greeted him back and he looked around.

“Logan late again?” He guessed causing us to chuckle.

“I’m going to call them,” Nech announced and got out her cell.

She walked off and Adam turned to me.

“That must be Nech, who I have yet to meet,” he smiled and I chuckled.

“I’ll introduce you as soon as she returns.”

“Katie said they are almost here, Logan was doing his hair,” she announced with an eye roll.

“Babe come ‘ere,” I motioned with my hand while I walked in front of Adam. “This is Adam, Adam this is my beautiful wife Neche,” I smiled down at the woman beside me and saw her blush before grasping the man’s hand in a firm handshake.

“Nice to finally meet you,” she said.

“Likewise,” he smiled.

“The party has arrived.” Logan announced walking in like he owned the place.

I rolled my eyes and everyone else booed his entrance.

“Finally!” Someone yelled and Nech went over to Katie and gave her a hug before doing the same to Logan.

Everyone exchanged greetings and hugs before someone else walked in with a clip board.

“Adam you gotta start in 5 minutes,” he nodded at the women and took a seat across the table from us.

I notice Katie go straight to the dogs; I swear she was more comfortable with animals than humans. The guys and I sat on the four chairs across the table in front of the microphones and were handed headphones. Nech took a seat next to the girls on the couch. She fidgeted with her wedding ring. A sign she was anxious. I rolled my chair next to the couch and gave her thigh a reassuring squeeze. She smiled up at me and gave me a peck on the lips.

“Aww,” the guys and their girls teased causing her to blush and me to roll my eyes.

“Ok, well talk about the fourth album, and the last season of the show, personally lives,” he shot a look at our girls receiving a nod. “And the upcoming tour.”

We all nodded.

“Should take 30 minutes since it’s not live,” he said. “Ok let’s start this thing, 3, 2,” he silently said one and clicked a button.

“Hey LA, this is DJ Adam from KTTYLA with… Big Time Rush,” he pushed a button and an audience cheered. “So I’m going to let them introduce themselves.”

We went from right to left.

“Hey I’m James Maslow,”

“What’s up I am Carlos Pena,”

“Hey LA I’m Logan Henderson,”

“And I guess I’m Kendall Schmidt,” I smirked.

Adam started with simple small talk, asking about our day and such.

“Ok so… What’s going on with this fourth album?”

“We’re in the studio right now,” Logan started to explain.

It was the normal responses, the guys started explaining what we were working on and I looked back at Nech, she was looking down at her phone typing away at the keyboard, I frowned but ignored it going back to my interview.

“Kendall what can we expect this time around?”

“Well the first album was kinda an introduction to BTR,” Adam nodded listening to me, “the second album we tried to branch out and go a more radio friendly way. We wanted to make hits that people can jam in their car, and the third was defiantly pop all the way. Now from what we have I think we aren’t trying to categorize it, ya know? We are just writing and producing stuff we would want to listen to, I think this album is turning out to be completely us, one hundred percent,” I explained and he smiled.

“Sounds exciting,” we all nodded.

I’m distracted again when I see Nech get up putting her cell to her ear. She walked out before greeting whoever was on the line.

“So, the show?”

“Ya, the fifth and last season of Big Time Rush aired,” James said.

“Yeah, so the shows over now.” Logan added.

“But you guys are showing no sign of stopping Big Time Rush,” Adam said.

“Yeah we are still a band, still making music, and we plan to as long as you’ll have us,” Carlos added.

Just then Nech came back in and I shot her a confused look but she just looked down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah Carlos and James and still with their current gfs in my fic. I don’t like too much original characters because it gets kinda distracting keeping up with a lot of people so I find it easier if I use people you guys most likely know.

I heard James and Halston broke up? I don’t know if it’s true so here they are still together. And just informing you this is 3 years in the future so I figured James had to be engaged right?

This chapter was way too long so I spilt it into two parts. The other half is done so maybe if I get some comments I'll update again today. Happy 4th of July.

Just FYI Nech and Kendall have been together 3 years, two dating and one year married.