Status: Update When We Can. Comments are always nice :)

Our Faith Will Silence the Doubt

The Cracks in the Pavement Won't Break My Stride.

Andy's POV

I put my key into the ignition as I waited for the guys. Jake and CC were running from the building, racing for the front seat. CC got there first and put his hand on the door.

"That's not fair!" Jake cried like a child.

"First come, first serve, kind sir." CC mocked.

"Jeremy, thank you for being the mature one. Guys let Ashley sit upfront. He's the guest." I said.

"But Andy!"

"Christian stop whining."

He made a noise of disagreement and got in the back. Ashley climbed in beside me and shut the door. He was oblivious to what was going on because he was so into his phone. I turned on some music to hopefully distract him from it.

"So Ash, how was school for you?" I asked.

He was still distracted, but CC yelled and bounced in his seat,grabbing Ashley's attention. They shared small talk until we arrived in my house.

He flew out of the car and to the door.

"Open up Mrs. B!" CC yelled as he banged on the door.

"Sorry about him." I said to Ash. "He can be a lot sometimes."

"It's okay. I think he's pretty cool."

I smiled as I led him to the door. Mom stood there greeting the guys by name as they walked in. She just looked at Ashley and I and raised her eyebrow at me. She can tell that I like him. God, my mom knows me so well.

"Mom this is Ashley Purdy. He just moved her from California. Ash this is my mom Amy Biersack.

"So you're from Cali huh? Nice to meet you Ashley."

"You too Mrs. Biersack."

She smiled at us and gave me a funny look before walking back into the kitchen.

"C'mon Ash. Gotta show you my room."

"Ash huh?"

I shrugged. I didn't mean to give him a nickname already. It wasn't that far off from Ashley. Just took a couple of letters away. Not like I called him sweetheart or babe or something.

"Gonna show me your room or not?" Ashley asked me, knocking me out of my daydream.

"Yeah, sorry I got caught up in my thoughts."

"Yeah I know. You seem to do that a lot you know."

"I guess." I said.

I ran upstairs, Ashley following close behind me. I opened the door to see CC beating on my desk with his drum sticks that he carried everywhere, Jake was laying flat on his back in the floor, and Jinxx laid on my bed with his legs up against the wall. He was on his phone probably talking to his girlfriend Sammi.

"Guys we have a guest. At least act like trained dogs."

"Calm your tits Andrew. Ashley's one of us remember?" Jake said.

"Still, you could act a little decent." I said.

"It's okay. I don't mind." Ashley said while walking past me and examining my walls.

"Your room kicks ass by the way."

"Thanks." I said.

I followed my normal procedure by getting a small blanket and putting it on the floor, followed by putting in a batman movie.

Mom came through the door with sandwiches for everyone. She sat the plate on my desk and put an end to CC's banging.

"Drinks are downstairs in the refrigerator. Gotta come get them yourself. And Christian please stop banging. It's giving me a headache."

"Sorry Mrs. B."

She smiled lightly before leaving the room.

"I seriously need a drum set." CC whined as he reached for a sandwich.

"I told you that dad could get you one for cheap." I said.

"I'm not taking a gift that big from your dad. It's not fair that my parents won't get me one. I mean your parent got you a bass when you were fifteen. I'm seventeen and they won't get it for me. I'll pay them back when I become famous."

"If you become famous." Jinxx corrected.

"No when. Can't get far if you don't think positive."

"I suppose you're right." Jinxx said.

"So Ashley, you said you play bass. What type of music do you listen to?" CC asked.

"Anything rock or metal." He said flashing the horns.

"Nice." Jake said.

Ashley nodded and so did I. I started to daydream and I realized that I was staring at him again.

"You alright?" He asked me.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just hungry."

"Your mom just brought sandwiches."

"Yeah."

I got up and made my way over to the plate. Ash followed me and stood there waiting for me to get one. My eyes scoped over them.

"Why look over them? Just get one."

His hand moved the the sandwiches and he picked up one that I was looking for. He started to take a bite when Jake stopped him.

"Wouldn't do that if I were you Purdy."

"Do what?"

"Bite into that sandwich. Don't come between a Biersack and his peanut butter."

"Oh so to like peanut butter?" He asked.

"Skippy super chunk."

"Me too." He laughed as he bit into the sandwich

"Ashley!"

He laughed at me as he finished it.

"Biersack warmed up to you quickly." Jake said.

Ash looked at me and smiled before turning back to him.

"Why do you say that?"

"If one of us would have taken his sandwich we he first met us then we would have got our butts kicked."

"Guess because Andy is totally–"

"Totally what Christian?" I asked in a sharp tone.

"Totally looking for new friends." He replied. Nice save.

I nodded at him. I mean I like Ash, but he has a girlfriend, and he has no interest for guys. As if Christian read my mind, he shook his head and whispered but it was loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Like that's gonna stop you."

The other three guys looked at us as if they missed something. I sat back on the blanket and finished watching the movie. Ashley sat beside me and I could feel him gazing every once in a while.

"Hey Andrew, I gotta go, mom's outside. I'll see you guys tomorrow. C'mon Jake she's giving you a ride too." Jinxx said.

"Okay. Coming. Bye kids." Jake waved.

"Bye guys. Tell Mrs. F. I said hi."

"Will do." Jinxx said.

They left the room leaving me, Christian, and Ashley.

"Hey Andy, do you mind if I stay over tonight?" CC asked.

"Nope. You've already made yourself at home so you might as well take the bed." I said.

"Cool. I'm gonna go shower."

"Ash do you need a ride?"

"Uh yeah I guess."

"I'll take you. Christian I'll be back. Try not to annoy my mom too much."

"Gotcha!" He said before disappearing into my bathroom.

Ashley and I walked downstairs. I told mom where I was going and we got into my car.

"Which way?"

We arrived at Ashley house. I stopped in front and let him out.

"Thanks Andrew. Is it okay if I call you that?"

"Call me what you want." I smiled.

"So I can call you butter head if I wanted?"

I laughed.

"That's a little weird, but whatever floats your boat."

"Okay butter head. See you tomorrow. Thanks for being so friendly to me. You guys made me feel at home."

"No problem Ashley. We enjoyed you. See you tomorrow okay?"

"Yeah, see you tomorrow."

He waved and I waited until he got to into his house. I beeped the horn before driving off.

Once I got back home CC was in the living room eating the pasta that mom cooked. I grabbed a plate and sat beside him.

"You like him don't you?" CC asked.

Christian's my best friend. I couldn't hide anything from him even if I tried.

"Yeah I guess." I sighed.

"Not you guess. You know. Yeah he's pretty cool and he seems like your type. Too bad he has a girlfriend."

I nodded.

"Yep. Too bad."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello loves, I hope you enjoyed. Title credit goes to Asking Alexandria, Nobody Don't Dance No More. Thank you for all of the feed back. Back to you :)