Status: i love you

The Only One

Chapter 3

KELLIN’S POV

I pulled the covers over my head and snuggled closer to my source of warmth. I’m pretty sure the heat was coming from another human being. I was too tired to be concerned about it though. I felt a pair of arms tighten around me and pull me closer. It felt so nice to be wrapped up in someone’s arms.
I started to drift back to sleep, but started to remember scenes from the movie the night before. And that’s when it hit me. Vic had stayed there last night and I had fallen asleep next to him. And that meant that it must be Vic’s arms I was all tangled up in. My eyes flew open and I panicked at the thought of sleeping like this next to Vic all night. But my panic was quickly replaced by the feeling of my heart melting at the sight of the sleeping mexican beside me. His hair was everywhere. I put my hand to his face and pushed it out of his eyes. He nuzzled his face into my hand like he was a cat. I laughed and rolled my eyes. He was so fucking adorable. Like a little kid.

I wanted to wake him but he looked so peaceful sleeping. I thought about how badly I needed to pee and decided to wake him so I could get out of his arms. “Vic… Vic, wake up. I need to pee. You gotta let me up,” I whispered, shaking his shoulders a little. He just groaned and tightened his arms around me even more, if that was even possible. “No, Vic c’mon, wake up. I really gotta pee. Please let me up!” I whined. He let go of my waist but never opened his eyes. I jumped off the couch and ran to the bathroom.

When I got out of the bathroom, I walked back to the living room and saw Vic still asleep. Awe. I was still debating whether or not to wake him, but I decided he was going to get his ass up, whether he liked it or not. I walked over to him and ripped the covers off of him. He put up a fight, but with me being awake and alert, I won. He flipped me off and buried his face in the back of the couch. Okay, Vic. Gonna play games? Well I can play to. I smirked and stepped up onto the couch, then started jumping and screaming, “WAKE UP WAKE UP THE SUN IS UP THE DEW IS ON THE BUTTER CUPS WAKE UP WAKE UP THE SUN IS UP IT’S EARLY IN THE MORNING!” He turned to face me, and if looks could kill, I’d surely be dead. I plopped down next to him and said, “Morning sunshine, sleep well?” His glare quickly turned to a smile and he started laughing. “Fuck you. I’m, never staying in your bus again. You’re so dumb,” he said, pushing my shoulder.

I thought about what the guys would say if they saw us sleeping like that. Wait… where were the guys? I stood up and walked to the little bunk hall. I slid back the curtains and nobody was in there. “Hey did they guys come back here at all? Like after I fell asleep?” I asked Vic. He shrugged and said, “I dunno. Not before I went to sleep they didn’t.” Oh well. Maybe they didn’t catch us sleeping in a pile together. And speaking of that, I needed to see what Vic thought of that.

I sat down on the couch beside him, again. “So, uhh… we had an interesting sleeping arrangement last night, huh?” I said. He looked down and picked at something on his shirt, shrugging. I thought it was cute how he was nervous. Damn, I sure had a lot of thoughts about how cute this guy was. I felt like I had embarrassed him bringing it up. I’m sure he had fallen asleep like a normal person and just happened to get really close in his sleep, the same way I had done. I quickly regretted asking about it. “Well you probably just like, moved like that in your sleep and didn’t realize what you were doing.” He looked up and nodded. I was secretly hoping he had situated himself like that consciously, and was disappointed when he said he hadn’t.

And at that moment, I knew I had developed a crush on Victor Fuentes. Whether or not I should have called it a crush or not, I didn’t know, because he was a guy, and for my whole life, I’d been into girls, but then I got butterflies in my tummy from the presence of him, and so for then, I would call it a crush.
__________________________________________________________________________

VIC’S POV

Shit. I woke up this morning and everything was not back to normal. After Kellin woke me up, I remembered how we had slept the night before. It gave me butterflies in my tummy. He had also confronted me about it, but then came up with a good excuse for me to use. Part of me had just wanted to tell him that I did intentionally sleep like that, but that could end in disaster. But when I told him it was an accident, I swear I saw a little bit of disappointment on his face…. I was starting to like Kellin more and more every minute.

We were sitting there talking about where the rest of the guys had gone. We figured they’d all crashed on PTV’s bus, so we decided to make sure. We started to get off the bus to head for the other bus, and both of us tried to squeeze through the door at the same time. We both chuckled nervously and I stepped back to let Kellin go first. We stepped out and started to walk across the parking lot. I don’t know why we parked on opposite sides, but we did. I’m sure we got strange looks. We were both still in our pajamas.

We got to the bus and I pushed the door open. The smell of beer and weed hit me hard. I was glad to have missed that party. I turned around to see Kellin with his nose scrunched up. I stepped further into the bus and the sight was not pleasant. All the guys were sprawled out in any space they could find and most of them were shirtless. They were all passed out. I turned to Kellin and he said, “Yeah let’s hang back at my bus and we’ll wake them later on today.” I nodded and closed the door, relieved the smell wasn’t drifting in my face anymore. They had some serious cleaning to so later. “Wait, I need clothes..” I said. “Dude, borrow some of mine. I won’t let you go back in there. It’s dangerous,” he replied. I nodded and we went back to the bus we had awoken in.
--
I pulled the anthem made tank over my head and looked in the little mirror in the tiny bathroom. It was a little bigger than what I usually wore, but it would do. The pants were too long but fit pretty good at the waist. I actually kind of liked the way his clothes fit me. “You take too long to dress!” I heard Kellin yell from somewhere in the bus. I laughed and opened the little bathroom door. “I was just admiring how much better I look in your clothes than you do,” I said. He rolled his eyes and laughed.

We spent the rest of the day chilling around his bus. I appreciated his laziness. Back on my bus, the guys always had me doing something or going somewhere. But with Kellin, he just wanted to sit around, which is basically what I wanted to do. It was a nice, and Kellin was nice to be around. As the day went on, Kellin seemed more and more appealing. I found myself staring and thinking about him a lot. He would just snap his fingers to pull me away from my thoughts. Funny how one day with someone could make you want to be more than just their friend.

Finally, we decided to wake up the guys and help them clean up the bus a bit. It would be hard for them on their own, considering they would most likely have a serious hang over.