Status: short story :)

Still Painting Flowers For You

one.

-- Four Years Later --


The beautiful lady walked down the aisle in all white. Her lace filled dress reached down to her toes and trailed down the walkway with her two little brunette sisters holding it behind her. A platinum smile could be seen even through her veil as she made her way slowly to her future husband.

Rian stood at the end of the blue walkway with his smile beaming even more than hers. It was obvious to everyone throughout the alters that tears were cascading down his face with each slow step his fiance made. Everyone shared the lovers' smiles except for one man standing behind Rian; Alex.

The singer's body was tense and shaky as he watched the love of his life move closer and closer to him. He imagined this day time and time again in his head when the two were young. Ever since sophomore year, it was Alex and Tiffany; Tiffany and Alex. Nothing ever was supposed to change, and it CERTAINLY wasn't supposed to change because of his best friend stepping in to take her hand in marriage instead.

As Tiff's father kissed her cheek and gave her to Rian, Alex began to have tears of his own. This was never how it was supposed to go. The rock star was supposed to be getting married to the beautiful, smart, fascinating girl in front of him, not be a best man at her wedding.

The priest smiled lightly at the couple as he began ponderously reading off the necessary ceremonious words for a wedding. While Rian and Tiffany were completely lost in each other's eyes, Alex's was just as lost into Tiffany's with sweaty palms to match.

As the legendary words "Is anyone against the future marriage of Mr. and Mrs. Dawson?" were spoken from the man in black's mouth everyone was silent. Nobody was supposed to say a word, but that sure didn't stop Alex as he raised his hand and yelled:

"I object!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, Alex said the words and Rian and Tiffany are getting married. What are your guys' thoughts? What do you think is going to be everyone's reaction at Alex's words? Let me know! Thanks to all who have subscribed and commented; it means the world! I think only one more chapter is coming your guys' way until the end, but who knows?