I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Seventeen

Turns out, Val had a feeling all along that the baby was going to be a girl. She, Gena, and Fae had all gone shopping at different times for the baby shower that was being thrown today, a week after my appointment.

Everyone was in the backyard of Jimmy and Leana’s house. I tried to help with some of the decorations, but I was pushed back to the cushioned lawn chair by Jimmy and given a fruit drink.

That man, he’s amazing. He and Leana are truly meant for each other. Granted, they both were crazy, but in a good way to say the least. You just can’t help but love them. Everyone just eyed me every time I got up from the chair.

It’s almost as if I’m not allowed to get my own drinks or fruit to snack on.

Help the pregnant lady!

I’m not incapable.

I can say that things have gotten a little better over the past little while. Zacky hasn’t been around much, only to discuss album stuff with the guys, but that was about it. Even then, he only gave me a few dirty looks, but he always kept his mouth shut and his hands at his sides. I think he finally realized that it he put his hands on me again, he’s be castrated or killed by Matt. Hell, anyone in this group for that matter.

I guess it’s safe to say that I have a full on entourage of bodyguards that I never signed up for. Although, in my book, that’s the best type of bodyguard ever. Someone who’s definitely willing to be at your beck and call, stand besides you, behind you, in front of you whenever you need them. I’m very thankful. Besides little Emily, they are the ones I wake up for every single day. I own each and every one of my friends and my brother and sister my life.

I sighed with content and placed my pineapple and cranberry mixed juice on the clear-glass deck table and put my right hand on my stomach. She hasn’t moved much, but that’s normal. That’s what my doctor said. But we know that she’s alive and healthy, that’s all that matters.

Michelle plopped into the seat next to me sighed, wiping her forehead with the back of her left hand, “damn, it’s hot out today.”

“You’re telling me, I’m sitting here doing nothing, because no one will let me, and I’m still sweating my ass off,” I giggled and slipped my sunglasses over my eyes.

“I’d let you help, but lord knows that everyone would push me in the pool as a punishment for letting you.”

“Why can’t I help, anyway?”

“Because you don’t need to stress yourself, says Jimmy and Matt,” Michelle rolled her eyes, as did I.

“I’m pregnant, not disabled.”

Michelle laughed and sat up, then pulled her brown and blond streaked hair into a pony tail, “try convincing that brother of yours.”

“I’ve tried!” I threw my hands up dramatically, but soon laughed, “Matt’s too over protective sometimes; it drives me nuts.”

“What was that, Rae Marie?” Matt’s deep voice came from above me.

I gulped and looked up, Michelle following my gaze.

Matt gave his dimpled smile, which he only smiled like that when I was caught, “well?”

“Oh nothing, just talking about another Matt,” I smiled innocently.

Matt didn’t buy it though. He reached down with his right hand and poked my neck, which was one of my major tickle spots and poked repeatedly. I squealed and laid my head to the right to shield it, but it didn’t help since he just attacked the left side.

“Matt!” I yelled through laughs and raised my shoulders to keep my neck from his reach.

“That’ll teach ya,” Matt kissed my left cheek and sat in the lawn chair next to me.

“Whatever…” I said in a sing-song voice and grabbed my drink, then took a sip.