I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Three

The girls and I headed to the salon a few minutes later. Fortunately, there was no one else there or was scheduled for a few more hours.

I was put in the chair first and the girl, Audrie who was going to do my hair for me just pulled my hair from my messy ponytail.

“Okay, so what were you wanting to do today, Rae?”

I sighed and looked at my mop of hair in the mirror. I blinked a few times, then smiled, “I want to go for kind of a dark cherry color, maybe cut into some choppy layers up to my shoulders with some new side bangs.”

“I’m sure I could do that, lets go get your hair washed and then we’ll get the show started,” I nodded with a smiled and she helped me from the chair.

The other two girls who worked in the shop, Jasmine and Beth were helping Gena and Fae with their hair.

I was sat in the sink chair and I leaned back, gently laying my neck in the curved neck area of the washing sink. Audrie turned on the water and tested the temperature, then wet my hair. After that, she put in some special shampoo and washed my hair.
“So Rae, I haven’t talked to you in a while. How have you been besides being your pregnant self?” she smiled as she massaged my scalp.

“I’ve been pretty much okay. Gena and Fae have been helping out a lot. Today we went down to the pier for some milkshakes and stuff. We actually thought of some names.”

“Oh really? Can I hear ‘em?”

“We have Emily Lynn and Jacob Ryan, I owe it to the girls for coming up with them,” I smiled.

“Wow, I love the names. Here’s a question for you; do you want a girl or a boy?” she asked, then grabbed the hose and began to rinse my hair.

“To be honest, I don’t care. As long as my baby is healthy, that’s all that matters,” I then placed my hands on top of my stomach.

“That’s true. I’m happy for you, Rae,” Audrie turned the sink off and I sat up slowly.

She wrapped my hair in a black towel and I stood up, then we both walked back over to the chair where I was before.

I looked over and Gena was getting her hair cut just a few inches shorter to where her hair just barely touched her shoulders. Fae was going for a new hair color, chestnut brown with her under layers a soft, dark blond color and a small trim.

Audrie rubbed my hair between two sides of the towel to give it a dry, then pulled out a big toothed comb and began to comb through my crazy ass hair.

“Do you know when the guys come back, minus asshole?” Audrie asked, and reached her for scissors.

“On Monday, actually. The four of them are excited because they get to see their favorite girls and ’potential’ cadet to turn against me,” I pointed to my stomach.

“Oh please,” Gena started, “I don’t think they’d want to make your kid demented.”

“Yeah right. They’d jump at the chance a minute after it’s born to take it under their wing. The guys will drive the poor girl mad,” Fae laughed.

I rolled my eyes, “they’ll be wonderful uncles, I just hope they know that if they urn my kid into some kind of guitar or drum playing demon that I’ll whoop their musician asses,” I smirked.

The other five girls laughed with I put on a smile.