I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Thirty-Five

I was awoken my a tight sensation in my lower stomach. With a groan, I reached down to hold my stomach, but Zacky’s arm was still around my waist. Pushing his arm out of the way, I tightened my grip and whimpered. It felt like the baby was kicking me with a steel-toed boot or something; it was painful.

“Zack…”

He groaned sleepily and then fell silent.

“Ow…Zacky, wake up…” I nudged my foot into his leg.

His grip tightened on my waist, which only made the feeling worse, “what’s the matter?”

Zack’s voice sounded tired and worn out.

“Something’s wrong…”

As soon as those words escaped my mouth, he shot up and started running around the house, trying to find everything so we could get to the hospital.

-Third Person P.O.V.-

In no time, Zacky was speeding to get to the hospital. Rae groaned and moaned the whole way through tears of worry because she was afraid. When they arrived, she was quickly admitted into a room, and exams had started.

Zacky was about to lose his head. He was so frantic that the doctor’s didn’t allow him into the room because they didn’t want any of Rae’s stress levels to skyrocket and make matters worse. He was escorted to the waiting room, which only made him worry more then he already was.

Matt walked through the hospital doors moments later, worry written all over his tired face, beings that it was the middle of the night.

“I don’t know, man. She woke me up groaning and grabbing her stomach. I have no idea what’s going on.” Zacky stressed, running his hands through his dark hair continuously.

Matt nodded slowly and patted his friend on the back, “it’ll be fine, man. Lets just hope that she’s okay and that it’s nothing serious.”

Zacky didn’t know what to think. It’d been half an hour since he was kicked out of the room and heard no word from any of the doctors that were helping the mother of his child.

“Don’t let anything be wrong,” Zacky mumbled to no one but himself.

After what seemed like more then a few hours, doctors walked down the hallway as they talked to each other. When they reached Zacky and Matt, they smiled warmly.

“There’s no need to worry. Rae and the baby are fine, it was just a case of false labor.”

Matt let out a sigh of relief, while Zacky looked down at the floor with his hands in the plaid pajama bottom’s pockets.

“She’s ready and able to leave when you are. She just needs to stay comfortable to avoid this again.” The two doctors walked away, leaving Zacky to stare at his shoes and Matt nodding in understanding.

“You can go in and see her, Zack. I’m sure she wants to see you.” Matt said quietly, taking a seat back on the chair.

Nodding slowly, Zacky looked up from the floor and headed into Rae’s room. Closing the door softly behind him, he smiled at her relaxed form.

“Hey…” He said quietly and walked over, taking a seat on the bed next to her.

Rae looked up at him and smiled, “hey.”

Zacky leaned down and gave her a quick, but loving kiss.

“Hw are you feeling?” He asked.

Rae shrugged slightly and yawned, putting her hand to her mouth, “tired…and much better.”

“I’d hope so. I was worried about you guys.”

Rae grabbed Zacky’s hands and kissed his knuckles with a cute smile, “don’t worry, babe. We’re fine.”

Zacky sighed and laid down next to her, gently putting his arm over her stomach and caressed the side where one of the baby’s feet was.

“I don’t know what I would have done if something would have been seriously wrong…”

“Me either, Zacky…but the doctor’s made sure that both of us are fine.” She leaned down and kissed his head.

“Lets sleep some more before we go…” She yawned once again and closed her eyes.

With a slow and tired yawn, Zacky followed her actions and quickly fell back into his slumber, just as Rae had.