Status: Incomplete/On-going/Active for your Eyes!

Blood Spells

Expect the Unexpected

I walked out of my classroom as the bell rang signaling the end of the school day. I walked to my locker with Cam and looked around for my sister who was supposed to meet me there. “Hey Cam have you seen my sister?” I asked him while stuffing all my books except one in my locker. Cam shook his head while I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked at the screen. No miss calls, no texts messages waiting, nothing. It’s not like her to run off and not let me know, since she isn’t the one who skips school. I unlocked my phone and went through my recent calls before dialing Kyle’s number, rather than calling my sister.

“Hello?” Kyle answered waiting for me to say something.

“Hey Kyle. Have you seen my sister? She isn’t at my locker, and she didn’t call or text me,” I told Kyle, waiting for his answer. If something happened to my sister he’d be one of the first to know since he spends all his time with her. He’s her best friend like Cameron is mine’s.

“Fucking Jake happened. We got into it in philosophy and Innocentia made Jake cover for me and now she owes him one! Why the fuck would she do that?” Kyle asked me, basically shouting through the phone at me, loud enough that Cam could hear him. I looked at Cam and he shrugged, neither of us has seen Jake since before school started. He was out at the picnic table, diagonal from where Kyle, Cam, Innocentia and I usually sat.

“Of course! She cares about you; I would’ve done the same thing for Cam given the choice. You matter to her so she’ll do everything in her power to make sure you’re okay,” I told Kyle, trying to calm him down some.

“No the hell you won’t!” Cam told me, turning around and facing me. I don’t know what he was looking for but it seemed like he wasn’t finding it, since he let out an aggravated sigh every now and then.

I waved my arm at him, “Yeah, yeah, sure I wouldn’t,” I told Cam sarcastically before speaking to Kyle again. “Did she leave school? And did she take her things?” I asked him.

“Yeah and no. Guessing she wanted you to take them, but I’ll carry them back with you to your home,” Kyle told me making me sigh in relief. I didn’t care about the distance home but carrying to backpacks with tons of papers, and a couple of heavy textbooks in the makes the walk challenging.

“All right, thanks,” I told him before hanging up. I’d see him later and possibly get the whole story from him then. I turned to Cam, watching him as he watched the hallways. I still didn’t know what the hell he was searching for but I think if I’d ask him he’d tell me. “Cam? What the hell are you looking for?” I asked him, walking beside him as we walked though the halls towards the front doors.

“Not what. Who. It’s who the hell I’m looking for,” Cam told me, speaking in codes and riddles knowing I hated that.

“Damn it Cam. You know I hate your riddles and codes and shit,” I groaned to him, while walking to our table and waiting for Kyle to meet us here.

“Sorry Nao couldn’t help it. I’m waiting for Jonah,” Cam told me and I raised an eyebrow. Who the hell is Jonah?

“Who the hell is Jonah?” I asked him but just then someone walked up behind me.

“That would be sweetheart,” someone said behind me. I turned around to see who was behind me and I glared when I saw whom it was. Emerald eyes boy, was sitting beside Cam while I glared at them both.

Him? Seriously Cam? Why were you looking for him anyway?” I asked him, gesturing with my hands since I had the habit of doing that.

“He’s going to hang with us today,” Cam told me before noticing my glaring again, “Seriously Nao! Calm the hell down and give it a chance,” Cam told me and I soften my glare a little.

“Nao, come on let’s go!” I heard Kyle call from behind me. I glanced at Cam and Jonah before shaking my head and nodding over towards the sound of Kyle’s voice.

“Come on then, let’s go,” I told them, grabbing my bag and opening it and grabbing my earphones from their pouch inside my bag. “My house or yours?” In asked Cam to break the silence as we walked down the sidewalk.

“Yours, mom is probably home right now and you know how she is with company unannounced,” Cam told me and I nodded. Cam’s mom hated people to come over unannounced even if it’s someone she knew for forever. She wouldn’t even allow Innocentia, Kyle and I over unless she was getting a half hour’s warning. Cam’s mom was a super neat freak with OCD to top it off.

We couldn’t go to Kyle’s house because he lived about ten miles in the opposite direction, which is why he rides the bus to and from school. And we weren’t going to Jonah’s house because nobody knew where he lived and I needed to give Innocentia her things first. Really she shouldn’t have left them because if Kyle wouldn’t have found me they would’ve probably have been left in the school.

We reached my house and first thing I heard was a “what the fuck?” coming from Jonah. I groaned and heard Cam shushing him from saying something else, because Cam knew how much I hated my house getting too much attention. Yeah it’s huge so what? It’s the product of barely home parents that both worked in the hospital, dad as a surgeon and mom as a nurse.

I walked inside and led us to the game room, even though Kyle broke off to drop Innocentia’s things off in her room. We didn’t bother going to the kitchen since the game room had a fridge filled with snacks.

“Movies or games?” I asked everyone once we were all sitting down. I was sitting in my usual arm chair in the middle of the room on the right the couch, while Cam splayed out on the couch in the middle of the room, with Jonah sitting in the arm chair on the left side of the couch- Innocentia’s usual spot –while Kyle sat on the floor in front of the couch.

“Game,” Kyle called out, already picking out a game and setting the system up.

“Game,” Jonah and Cam called in agreement and I leaned forward.

“Kyle put in GTA 4. I want to play,” I told Kyle before he put in the game in wanted to play, Call of Duty: Ghosts. Jonah looked at me, before a smirk spread across his face.

“Think you can handle it?” Jonah asked me with his infuriating smirk on his face. I let one slide across my face before answering him.

“I’m positive I can,” I told him and grabbed the controller so I could prove it.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is my typically I'm sorry speech. Blah, blah, blah, done! XD

Now I've introduced the new kid, Jonah! Seems like they aren't getting along but then again who expected them too. Now it's going to be eventual romance for my character, slow and steady seeing as Nao doesn't like Jonah's cockiness and arrogance. While Jonah doesn't like Nao in general, I guess.

Comment and recommend for me?! (Really wished my keyboard had an interrobang key on it, just then)

-Kayla