Status: Formerly 'The Path of Self Destruction.' Sorry, I changed the name again ;p

Even the Sun Sets in Paradise

'I Think You've Got an Admirer'

The next Saturday, the guys and I were sitting in the living room playing video games as usual. It was fairly late, and Julie and Dave had long gone to bed, but I wondered how with the amount of noise the guys were making. I was curled up on one side of the sofa, almost drifting off. Cyrus was sitting next to me. Ellis was on the next sofa and Layton was next to him, conveniently as far away from me as possible. Rowan was sat cross legged on the armchair, chewing nervously on his lip.
“Wakey wakey gorgeous,” Cyrus cried, tickling my stomach with one hand, whilst keeping his eyes firmly on the television screen. Ellis looked over and rolled his eyes, but he’d clearly given up on trying to get Cyrus to leave me alone.
“Stop it! I’m tired,” I groaned, slapping him away.
“Not anymore,” he declared, clambering on top of me and tickling me until I was in hysterics. I felt overwhelmed by a sudden feeling of panic. I felt trapped and I didn’t like it, but I forced myself to go with it, determined not to let my past control me.
“You’re such an idiot,” I laughed. He raised his eyebrows, shaking his head as he tickled me more. I moved my leg, kneeing him where it hurts. He fell back on the sofa, groaning in pain.
“You absolute bitch,” he choked, curling up in a ball like a little child, which only made me laugh more.
“Saves me a job,” Ellis smiled sweetly as he went to get a drink. I heard Layton curse under his breath, jumping to his feet and storming into the kitchen after Ellis. The guys all gave him weird looks, but they never seemed majorly surprised by his insane mood swings, and I was starting to think it was a common occurrence.
“A little help here guys?” Cyrus whined, still groaning in pain.
“Dude, what the hell do you want me to do? Come kiss ‘em better? Oh wait, that’s Rowan’s job,” Ellis grinned, winking jokingly at Rowan.
“You guys are dicks,” Rowan cried, pouting like a little boy.
“Not that you’re complaining gay boy,” Ellis joked, and I tried to hold back a laugh.
“I’m off,” Layton muttered, picking up his keys and his phone and heading for the door. I rolled my eyes. Yet again, that prick had somehow managed to ruin my evening. Every single time I was having a laugh, he’d storm off. Why did he have such an issue with me being happy?
“I’m gonna go bed,” I decided, clambering off the sofa.
“You sure?” Ellis asked worriedly. I nodded, giving each of the guys a kiss on the cheek before going upstairs. Layton had really pissed me off and I just wanted to go to bed. Besides, Cyrus was beginning to get rather drunk and it was making me feel uncomfortable. I’d learnt that Rowan didn’t drink which I was relieved about, and Ellis didn’t drink when I was around which I really appreciated. I kicked off my shoes and quickly changed into an oversized football shirt. There was a knock on the bedroom door and I lay down in bed, pulling the duvet tightly round my shoulders.
“Yeah?” The door creaked open and I saw Rowan standing there.
“Ellis told me to come and see you,” he smiled, shutting the door behind him. I felt nervous with him shutting the door, but I reassured myself it was fine.
“Okay…why?” I asked, slightly confused.
“He wanted me to make sure you’re okay. And he didn’t trust Cyrus,” he laughed.
“Oh,” I frowned, “Yeah, I’m fine.”
“Are you sure? Layton’s still being pretty weird with you huh?”
“I don’t know,” I sighed, sitting up crossed legged on my pillow, “I guess he doesn’t like me very much.”
“Hey, don’t say that. You hear the amount of crap the guys say to me, but they don’t mean it.”
“Doesn’t any of that bother you?” I laughed, going slightly off topic. He thought about it for a minute.
“Nah. It used to, but now I’m used to it. You know what they’re like; they don’t mean it at all. Bless them, they’re always trying to set me up with people, but they turn out to be right weirdos,” he laughed.
“Bless ya, trust me you’ll find someone,” I promised, and he nodded.
“You are funny,” he laughed, shaking his head.
“Why thank you,” I grinned, putting on a posh voice, and he smirked.
“Anytime. Hey, I think you’ve got an admirer,” he said, his voice suddenly sincere.
“What? Who?” I gasped.
“Wow, you really should be blonde,” he joked, “Cyrus hasn’t left you alone all week.”
“You jealous?” I joked.
“Eurgh, don’t you start,” he frowned, scrunching his nose up.
“Sorry,” I frowned, pouting which made him laugh.
“I’m serious though, I do think he likes you.”
“Ssh, we’re just friends,” I said firmly, “He’s way older anyway.”
“Only by four years.”
“Nah, he’s not as much of an idiot as I used to think…but he’s just a friend. He’s too…immature and childish, like he never takes anything seriously, and I couldn’t deal with that. Trust me, I’m not interested in him.”
“It’s clear the feeling isn’t mutual,” Rowan laughing, poking me excitedly.
“Rowan I’m serious, please shut up, you’re making me feel sick,” I laughed, kicking him away.
“Okay, okay,” he sighed, “Just be careful though. I don’t think I want to see Cyrus get his head kicked in by Ellis. It’s tempting…very tempting…but I’d rather not.”
“Don’t worry, nothing’s gonna happen,” I promised.
“Okay, well I’ll see you…soon, goodnight,” he smiled, kissing me on the head.
“Night gay boy,” I joked.
“Stop it!” he called. I smirked and he stuck his tongue out before closing the door. I lay down in bed, pulling the covers around me. No matter how hot it was, I refused to sleep without the covers. It was a weird thing I always did; I guess it calmed my nerves. I tried to sleep, but my brain was far too full of energy to rest. I was buzzing from such a good day. I had decided it did me good hanging out with the guys. Ever since the abuse started, I’d been very fearful around men. If a male teacher ever kept me back after class, I’d make excuses and leave. If the bus driver was male, and I was the only one left on the bus, I would get off. In the supermarket, I’d always queue by a female cashier. I was worried I’d never get over that fear, but since I met the guys, I’d been getting better. Sure Cyrus had his moments, but I never felt scared. Ellis was maybe the only guy I trusted, so when he promised to kill anyone else who tried to hurt me, I believed him. Besides, I think the guys had such a good friendship, none of them would ever betray Ellis.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is getting really long now, I've got so many more chapters ready and waiting on my laptop ;p So I've decided to split it into two stories, so I am officially going to write a sequel :D

But because the title fits in more with the second story than the first, I'm thinking of renaming this to 'Even the Sun Sets in Paradise.' I know I keep changing it, but I promise this is the last time ;p

Comment and let me know if you like it or not!

Ella xxxx