Status: Will write if requested (:

Never Let Me Go

Hello and goodbye

‘’Well, I gotta go. Besides, I think a half vampire can handle herself, right?’’
Quickly he gave me one of his famous Jacob hugs. The kind that wouldn’t allow you to breathe. ‘’Say hi to Bella for me.’’ He waved. Right, Bella. The girl that used to cause Jacob a lot of trouble. Just by choosing Edward over him. Why? Because Edward was a vampire? One of the vampires who lived in the Cullen house? Jacob’s car began to make noise and the only thing left was dust flying through the air. Yeah, bye, I thought. ‘’You must be Amanda.’’ A fairly young man came to approach me. He somehow had an alluring look, friendly and brave but also calm. The stethoscope around his neck revealed that he was a doctor. ‘’I’m sorry, but I don’t have time to introduce myself. As you can tell, I have a patient waiting for me. Please, make yourself comfortable.’’ He made a gesture at the house standing behind him. ‘’I’m sure you’ll feel home soon.’’ And with no more than a how-do-you-do, he left. Must be hard being a doctor, I guessed. Slowly I picked my suitcase from the floor and walked towards to house. It was a nice environment. Everywhere I looked there was green. No tall buildings, no trash lying around. There were just trees. Lots and lots of trees. As I looked up at the Cullen house, there was one thing I noticed right away. You could literally see through the house itself. Why would vampires want to reveal themselves so easily? I sighed as I stood in front of the door. I can do this. This was going to be my solution and this was going to be my new home. That’s it.
The door didn’t even make a noise when I opened it. It seemed like it was just as quiet on the inside of the house as on the inside. ‘’Our guest arrived.’’ I heard a male voice say. Should I be afraid now? I was going to live with these people, well, vampires. A soft chuckle came from upstairs but no one said a thing. I put my suitcase down. ‘’Welcome, Amanda.’’ I turned around to see Edward standing right beside me. ‘’Edward, hi. I should have known it was you, who began to laugh.’’ I said as I rolled my eyes. ‘’The whole mindreading isn’t really polite you know?’’ I turned around and saw 5 other vampires standing in the other room. There were 2 guys and 3 girls. Well, 2 girls who looked maybe 3 years older than me, and one who looked about the same age as the doctor, 34 maybe. ‘’They’re extremely curious about you.’’ Edward whispered. ‘’Then I guess it’s time for me to introduce myself. Umm, hi I’m Amanda. I’m fourteen years old, well, turned as one.’’ I half smiled at my personal audience. ‘’You’re not even nervous.’’ One of the guys said. He had blonde hair and was very tall and lean. Somehow I could hear a little Texas accent in his voice. ‘’I can’t find a reason to be nervous. So why would I?’’ I smiled. The boy’s face began to look surprised. Did I do something wrong? Was I supposed to be nervous? Another chuckle came from Edward. ‘’No, that’s just Jasper. He can sense what you’re feeling and manipulate it. For example, calm an angry crowd. Or when you’re nervous, even calm you down.’’ He murmured. Quickly I looked at the vampires standing across the room. Do they all have gifts? I thought. ‘’No, not all.’’ Edward began. ‘’Alice, the one with the short black and spikey hair, she can see what’s coming.’’ Like predict the future or something? ‘’Yes, and no. Alice can see what happens after a decision has been made.’’ My eyes looked at the short girl standing next to Jasper. They really looked cute together. ‘’So, Alice, you knew as soon as I wanted to leave, that we would meet?’’ I looked at her, curious. ‘’Yes, but I need to know. How did you get here? I didn’t see you come into the forest.’’ She had a very high voice. A voice you that would belong to a fairy or any other sweet small creature, but no vampire. ‘’Well, Jacob insisted on bringing me. I figured, if that’s what he wanted…Oh, and he says hi to Bella. Is she here?’’ I turned to Edward. ‘’No, but don’t worry. I’ll make sure she’ll get the message.’’ He said with an icy look on his face. ‘’No, it’s fine. I’ll do it.’’ I muttered. ‘’At least it’ll solve your problem and keep Jacob out of your head when you’re with Bella.’’ Again the 5 vampires looked at me. Even more surprised this time. As if Jasper never stopped looking surprised. ‘’What did I do now?’’ I blushed. The only thing I was able to do and they couldn’t. Blush. Because I still had blood running through my veins. Because I was half vampire. ‘’I guess I’ll have to explain this to them.’’ Edward cleared his throat and continued. ‘’Amanda has a gift. Like Jasper, Alice and myself. To make a long story short, she solves things. From unsolvable problems, to crossword puzzles.’’ He smiled. ‘’They just make those thing way too easy.’’ I winked. ‘’But, please continue. Who’s next to be introduced?’’ Edward walked across the room and stood behind the 5 vampires who still didn’t seem to get used to me. ‘’Rosalie.’’ He murmured. A tall blonde girl who certainly looked like she was aware of how beautiful she was. ‘’We assume Rosalie’s gift is being…’’ Edward didn’t seem able to find the word. ‘’…absolutely gorgeous?’’ I managed to say. She looked like model. And if not, a real life Barbie doll. She did have the same blonde hair anyway. Edward cleared his throat. Sorry, I thought. ‘’This is Emmett, he’s the strongest of us.’’ Emmett was even taller than Jasper and definitely more muscular. I watched him as he stood next to Rosalie. It looked like everyone in here had someone they loved, in part from each other of course. I really was going to be an outsider. ‘’What? You’re not gonna say how beautiful I am?’’ Emmett winked. I burst into laughter. ‘’S-seriously?’’ I couldn’t help but laugh at that comment. Maybe this wasn’t going to be so bad. Edward walked towards the 5th vampire there. The last female. ‘’This is Esmé. Our so called mother. She’s Carlisle’s wife.’’ And after Edward introduced her, she was the only one who actually came to greet me. ‘’You really look friendly.’’ She smiled at me while shaking my hand. ‘’So, the doctor is your husband?’’ I asked. ‘’Yes, he really wanted to meet you but there aren’t enough doctors in the area.’’ She said. ‘’Doesn’t matter, he seemed really nice.’’ I smiled. Again Edward cleared his throat. ‘’We were about to hunt, your room is at the end of the left hall upstairs.’’ Edward formally pointed at the staircase. ‘’Feel free to join us whenever you’re ready.’’ Esmé put her hand on my shoulder while Emmett opened the door. ‘’Hmm, I guess Alice will know when I’ll arrive.’’ I winked. ‘’That’s settled then.’’ Edward and the others walked through the door and I had to whole house to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't worry, don't worry, Seth will be present in the following chapter ˇ▽ˇ