‹ Prequel: Can You Love Me?
Sequel: Iris
Status: Slow and Steady for now

I Don't Care If You're Contagious

One Hundred Sleepless Nights

When I woke up the bus had stopped and I was alone in the bunk now. Jaime must have gotten out. I heard people moving around and things shuffling in the back of the bus. I got out of the bunk. I still had my clothes on from tonight. I walked into the open and seen no one on the bus. I put my boots on that I’d been wearing earlier and went outside. We had stopped in front of a large house with steps. I poked my head around the corner of the bus. “Um, where are we and what are we doing?” I asked Vic as I seen him approaching.
“You and Jaime are getting off here. This is Jaime’s place. He’s up there with his parents if you wanna go get him.” Said Vic.
“Oh, okay thanks.” Earlier last night I’d found out that Nat would be living down the block with Tony and Mike and Vic were going home with their parents. That was all cool with me. I was still very nervous to meet Jaime’s parents though. “Oh, yeah!” Said Vic and I turned to look at him. “Good luck.” He said. I kept walking up the steps until Jaime and a woman and man with graying hair. The woman had on a long dress and was thin with caramel skin like Jaime’s. The man had on pajamas and had a mustache with the same color skin. The woman was hugging Jaime but the man was watching as I came up the steps. When Jaime’s mom stopped hugging him he turned to see me coming up the steps. He jogged over to me and grabbed my hand. “Well, time to come meet my parents. So far they’re in a good mood.” He said smiling. I smiled up at him. He was so adorable. He walked me over to his mom and dad and I smiled and held out my hand. Jaime’s mom took it and then pulled me into a hug. “Ah, so this is going to be my new daughter.” She said. I smiled at her when she let go.
“Yes mam’. It’s so good to meet you finally.” I said to her. “My name is-” She waved off the rest of the sentence.
“Oh no Jaime talks about you enough for us to know your name. Natalya. What a beautiful name. And you too are so beautiful. Gorgeous hair and eyes and womanly figure. I never though my son could find a woman like this. And such good manners so polite.” She said.
“Thank you….”
“You can call me mom if you like.” She said and I felt so much better. I felt like she was a real mom for once. “This is my husband.” She said. He held his hand out and I took it.
“Call me papa or dad.” He said. I noticed they both had a Spanish accent. I could understand them fine I just thought it was kind of cool. “Wow, Jaime. You’ve outdone yourself this time.” He said taking a step back to examine me some more. I folded my hands together and placed them in front of me.
“Haha, I know I have. She’s wonderful.” Jaime said kissing my forehead. I smiled at him.
“So are you.” I said. Jaime’s mom took me by the hand and pulled me inside.
“Me and you should talk some.” She said. “I know you’re tired and you shouldn’t be carrying heavy things while pregnant.” She said.
“Thank you.” I said following her inside. When we got inside the white house we went to the kitchen and she pulled me out a seat at the table. “Would you like some tea or maybe some coffee?” She asked me.
“Um, some coffee if it’s not too much trouble.” I said.
“No it’s no problem at all dear.” She said. Soon the coffee was done and she sat down at the table with me. “So how did you and Jaime meet?” She asked me.
“Well, my friend threw me a birthday party and hired Pierce The Veil to come and play at the party. When Jaime got there he invited me and my twin Natalie to go to the club with him and the guys and since then we’ve just clicked I guess.” I said smiling and she returned it with a warm smile. “So how many months is the baby?” She asked.
“The doctor says two months.” I said.
“Not too long. So is Jaime good to you?” She asked.
“He is. Very good. I love him so much.” I said to her.
“That’s good. At first I’ll be honest Jaime dated the worst possible girls he could find so I didn’t think I’d like you but to be honest you seem like a very lovely lady.” She said.
“Haha thank you so much. You seem like an equally lovely lady.” I said and she laughed.
“A woman with a sense of humor too? What did Jaime do to get you?” She asked and I laughed.
“Being himself.” I said. Then I heard a clatter of noise and turned to see Jaime, Vic, Mike, and Tony hauling stuff in the house.
“Hi Jaime’s mom!” I heard Vic say and she laughed. Jaime came in after followed by his dad carrying some stuff in. “Well, that’s all of it. We’ll see you guys later. Bye Jaime’s parents!” Said Mike and Vic. Tony just waved. I would have said bye to Nat but I knew I’d see her later. I heard the door shut and Jaime and Jaime’s da-my dad-come in and sit down.
“So what were we talking about?” Dad asked sitting down.
“Nothing much just how Jaime and Natalya met and how they get along.” Said Mom.
“Ah, interrogating the girl already?” Dad asked and I laughed.
“Haha nothing of the sort dad.” I said. Jaime was sitting next to me with his arm around my waist. He rubbed my side.
“I was telling her I was shocked when you brought home someone I approved of.” Said mom.
“Ah, yeah I had quite a history with females.” Said Jaime.
“Mom was telling me.” I said smiling.
“Oh, she’s already got to you?” He asked.
“Haha.” I laughed a little.
“Well, mom, dad, we’re pretty tired so we’re gonna go up to the room and go to sleep. Tomorrow we can set up the baby’s room.” Jaime said and I nodded.
“Jaime! You shouldn’t make a pregnant lady do work!” Mom said. “Tomorrow me and you can cook the boys something.” Said Mom and I smiled even wider.
“Alright sounds good. Thank you!” I said.
“Fine then.” Said Jaime smiling. “Let’s go up to the room.” Said Jaime taking my hand. I got up and nodded my head to mom and dad and followed Jaime up the steps to his bedroom but not before being stopped by one small question.
“By the way Natalya!” I heard mom say. I turned. “How old are you?” She asked and I felt my face drop. After a moment of silence I said, “Just turned 17 a few months ago.” I said quietly. No one spoke for a long time. Then she burst out yelling in Spanish.
“ 17! Jaime lo que en el mundo? Usted sabía que ella tenía 17 años y menores de edad! ¿Por qué quieres salir con ella cuando ella es 17? Por no hablar de tener un hijo, mientras que ella es de la misma edad! (17! Jaime what in the world? You knew she was 17 and underaged! Why would you want to date her when she's 17? Let alone have a kid while she's the same age!)”
She yelled but what they didn’t know was that I took Spanish while in high school so I understood everything they were saying so I spoke up.
“Madre? Le pregunté a Jaime salir conmigo cuando él no sabía exactamente cuántos años tenía, así que tener la culpa. (Mother? I asked Jaime to date me when he didn't know exactly how old I was so I take the blame.)” She seemed to relax a little at that.
“Well, fine. we’ll talk about it tomorrow.” She said. Jaime and I kept walking up the steps and shut and locked the door when we got in the bedroom.
“Why’d you lie for me?” He asked.
“Because, I love you and I didn’t wanna hear your mom grill you like that.” I said getting ready to take the dress and boots off.
“Well thank you. I appreciate it.” He said kissing me.
“You’re welcome.” I said taking my bag of clothes and changing into some pajamas. Jaime just took off his shirt and laid down under the covers. I did the same. Jaime put his arms around me.
“Good night.” He said.
“Good night Jaime. I love you.” I said and I swear to this day I that was the first time I felt the baby kick in my stomach.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and tell me what you think! Thanks for reading! Also after tomorrow may not be doing some updates for a while (no more than a week and a half wait though!)