Status: Completed (being revised)

It Can't Rain All the Time.

Chapter Fourteen

Three hours later, I was sitting in a chair by Draco as he slept in the Infirmary. Madam Pomfrey came by a half hour ago and said he was going to be fine. He’d just have a concussion, a broken arm and a few broken ribs but that didn’t make me feel better as I replayed the scene in my head. Feeling my eyes beginning to water, I grabbed his hand and stroked it with my thumb.

“How’s he doing?” someone asked from behind me.

I looked over my shoulder and saw a good looking, tall dark skin boy with high cheekbones and slanting eyes. I glanced at the Slytherin symbol on his chest and realized who he was. I didn’t know him personally but I knew his name.

“He’s fine,” I answered.

“I’m—“

“Blaise Zabini.”

“So his told you about me then.”

“No,” I began as I watched him sit in the chair across from me, “I just know who you are from being in school together.”

“I see,” he said and looked down at my hand. “He talks about you all the time.”

I followed his line of vision and quickly snatched it away from Draco. I opened my mouth to say I wasn’t sure what he was talking about but he stopped me with a smile.

“I know.”

“Know what?”

“That you and my best friend are together,” he put together in finger quotations. “He told me.”

“He did?” I asked with a surprised look.

Blaise nodded, “Yep. I knew something was up because he was happy and smiling all the time. That isn’t natural for Draco so I asked him what was going on and he explained.”

“Oh.”

“Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone,” he mentioned.

“Why?”

Blaise got up and walked over to stand in front of my chair, “Because his my best friend and you make him happy.” He looked at Draco for a moment than turned his attention towards me, “I don’t remember the last time he actually smiled and you’re changing him. So, he deserves to be happy.” His lips tugged up into a grin, “I’m also not a fan of Harry Potter.”

I laughed as he winked at me and walked out of the Infirmary. Maybe all Slytherins weren’t so bad.

“I love your laugh.”

I looked down at Draco and saw him staring at me, “You’re awake.”

“What happened?”

“You got hit by a bludger and fell of your broom, “ I told him with a weak smile.

Seeing a scared look on my face, he brought a hand up and stroked my cheek, “I am okay.”

I nodded while closing my eyes and leaned into his touch with a sigh of relief.

“Have you had anything to eat?”

I shook my head no and opened my eyes to look at him.

“Go get something from the Great Hall.”

“Drac—“

He smiled, “I’ll be fine. Go.”

Pecking him on the lips, I looked at him once last time and walked into the hallway. I saw the Golden Trio at our table as I entered the Great Hall and made my way towards them.

“Where were you?” Harry asked when I sat down.

“Professor Snape wanted me to check on Malfoy to see if he was okay, “ I lied and grabbed an apple.

“He should’ve just died, “ Ron told us while eating some chocolate pudding.

Hermione opened her mouth to say something but I looked at Harry and changed the subject.

“What is going to happen with the game?”

“There’ll be a rematch in a couple of weeks, “ he answered grabbing a roll.

“That’s good right?” I asked finishing my apple.

He nodded, “Sure. Just gives Gryffindor more time to beat Slytherin.”

I rolled my eyes, “Boys and their pride.”

Harry stuck his tongue at me as Hermione turned her attention towards me, “So when are we going dress shopping?”

“Oh, right!” I said with excitement and grinned. “How about tomorrow morning and we can get lunch before coming back?”

She smiled, “Great idea.”

We were enjoying each other’s company for the next couple of minutes before Harry got up and grabbed my hand.

“Come on.”

I looked at him confused as he pulled me off the bench, “Where are we going?”

He didn’t say anything so I looked at Ron and Hermione with an arched my eyebrow. They both shrugged and looked just as confused as I did before Harry dragged me out of the Great Hall. Remaining quiet, I allowed him to take us out of Hogwarts and into the grounds. We stopped at the lake and Harry took out a blanket he had tucked into his robe to spread it on the grass. Sitting down, he laid on his back and beckoned me over. Still confused, I laid next to him and snuggled into his arm.

“So what are we doing here?” I asked when we settled.

Again, he didn’t say anything and pointed towards the sky. Following his arm, I looked up and my heart literally melted from the view. A canvas of colors spread throughout it as a warm lavender and orange glow became more prominent. The last traces of light dipped over the trees as the grounds below were engulfed in a landscape of shadows. The sun, finally laying to rest, vanished behind the thin horizon, abandoning us. Harry titled my head up with his other hand to kiss me and the world around us disappeared.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tada! Draco is fine :) This part was actually supposed to be in the last one but I split chapter 13 in two so I am sorry if this one seems kind of dull and out of place. Anyway, I wanted this date to be with Harry because remember, this is a story with a love-triangle and she loves two people. Not just one so I wanted everyone to remember that. I hoped you liked this one and again, I am sorry if it seems kind of rushed. I was trying to keep my promise about posting every 4 or 5 days but I swear the next chapters are going to be awesome as the story winds down.

Love you all!

P.S. I know I have used the whole sunset thing more than once but that is what my idea of a romantic date it so that's why it appears a lot!