Status: Completed (being revised)

It Can't Rain All the Time.

Chapter Eighteen

I walked down the hallway toward the Great Hall the next morning, hoping I had the chance to talk to Harry before the bell rang. Rounding the corner, I entered another hallway and quickly felt eyes upon me as people whispered quietly to each other while pointing in my direction. I looked around confused then found the twins with Katie and Angelina and quickly made my way over to them.

“Do I have something on my face?” I asked quietly. “Everyone is staring at me and I don’t know why.”

“It’s because you’re a slut,” Katie snapped at me with an angry tone.

I looked at her shocked, “Excuse me?”

Angelina stepped up and shrugged of Fred’s arm as he tried to grab her, “How could you?”

“Would someone kindly tell me what is going on?” I glanced at Fred and George for help but they just looked away without a word.

“You deserve whatever you have coming,” Katie told me then bumped into my shoulder roughly as she walked past and the rest of the gang followed.

I watched them walk away with a what the hell expression then turned around just in time to see Draco run up to me.

“You need to leave,” he said while grabbing my arm and dragging me away from our classmates.

“What is—“

Suddenly, someone punched him in the face and he fell towards the floor while holding his now bloody nose. Looking away from Draco, I found Harry walking towards me with such anger that I slowly backed away until I hit a wall. He placed his hands beside my head and leaned in until our noses touched.

“Is it true?” he asked in a tone that sent goose bumps up my arms.

“What are you talking about?” I replied and looked at him confused. “Harry, I don’t—“

“Is it true?!” he yelled in my face and banged his hands on the wall as the conversations throughout the hallway quieted down to leave it completely silent.

I opened my mouth to ask what he was talking about when a piece of paper was thrusted into my face. My jaw dropped as I saw the picture Pansy’s showed me printed on it with the saying Gryffindor and a Slytherin? Maybe you should’ve kept your girlfriend on a tighter leash Potter.

“Oh my god,” I whispered to myself and snatched it out of Harry’s hands to crimpled it.

I couldn’t bring myself to look at him because I didn’t want to see the look of pain on his face, especially knowing that I caused it, so I glanced at Hermione but that was a mistake. Shock, hurt and anger crossed her features and I knew right then that I destroyed her trust and our friendship. Feeling my eyes water, I looked towards Ron and saw his eyes grow in horror while shaking his head no. As tears started to run down my face, I finally became brave enough to look at Harry and felt a piece of my heart break off as he gazed at me with such hatred and betrayal.

“Tell me it’s a lie,” he demanded and back away a little.

I shook my head and tried to answer. I opened and closed my mouth several times, but nothing came out as Pansy showed up behind Hermione with a known smirk on her face then walked towards the Great hall with her friends. I looked back at Harry and watched as a single tear left his eye to run down his cheek before more followed.

“I’m so sorry,” I choked out between sobs.

His jaw clenched and then he did something I never expected. He got on his knees, wrapped his arms around my waist and just cried into my stomach while letting out a pain filled scream.

Then all hell broke loose.

Harry quickly got off the floor and ran toward Draco before kicking him on the ground. Draco tried to get up to defend himself, but Harry punched him in the jaw then started to bash his head into the floor.

“Stop!” I screamed as I started to see a small amount of blood on the surface.

Hermione just watched while Ron turned his back pretending to ignore the fight, so I ran towards them to pull Harry off, but he hit me and I fell on floor while holding my jaw. He stopped and looked at me with a shocked expression before Draco soccer punched him in the eye. Quickly getting up, I stepped in front of Draco as Harry raised his wand.

“Harry, please,” I begged.

He dropped his arm to stare at me for a couple of minutes then turned and walked away as Ron and Hermione looked at me with a cold expression before following after him. I watched them disappear as the hallway emptied when our classmates realized the fight was over. I wasn’t angry at Harry for hitting me since I had no reason to be. I was angry at myself because I knew this situation could’ve been avoided. I was also hurt because I knew I just lost the most important people in my life and it was my fault. Draco came up beside me and I turned to look at him with a sad smile as he brought his hand up to caress the spot where Harry hit me.

“I’m so sorry,” he whispered then hugged me.

“It’s okay.”

And it was because I had hope that someday I get my best friends back and everything would be right again. Placing my cheek on his shoulder, I wrapped my arms around Draco and closed my eyes. I just had to wait for that moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I was so sad when I wrote this because I felt so bad for Harry :( Anyway, did you like it? I love the way it ended, and sure it was a sad ending, but everyone will be happy soon :) Just to remind people, there will be a epilogue and I am not sure how many years will go by, but stay tuned to figure out what happens. Also, there will be a surprise in it too (if you guys haven't figured it out yet :D) I also will like to thank hollywood. and of course Floortyeahx :) for the comments. Love them! You made it into the author's note again Floortyeahx! Leave me comments on whether or not you liked the ending people!

Lots of love!